Automatic (Re)Crafting

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

DumperJumper

Sup fellas,

i got a simple question.
Imagine I use, let's say, Stone Bricks frequently to build new tunnels or something.
I use a ME Network for Storage of my Stuff. Its it possible to always have my supply of Stone Bricks to 3 Stacks.
So new Stone Bricks get crafted and new Stone gets melted as soon as the amount of Stone Bricks in my Network falls under 3 Stacks?

Info: I am using the latest Version of FTB Infinity Evolved

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So yes... Point an export bus with crafting card and redstone card installed. Take a level emitter and point it the export bus. Set the level emitter for the amount of stone brick you want kept in the system. Set the export bus to craft it. Then put an input bus on the chest.

There are other ways as well. But that would involve computer craft, logistics pipes or thaumcraft.

D

DumperJumper

Alright thanks, I didnt know about the Level Emitter thing. Anyways I would also be fine to use ComputerCraft but I guess this is the more convenient way.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Here is the pastebin for the CC code. I wrote it. But this version is for 1.6.4 not 1.7.10. So I think it would take a little rewriting to get it to work with 1.7.10. The redstone outputs were to turn on/off a set of red/green lights to indicate when it was auto crafting or not.

https://pastebin.com/aTvRPuJt

D

DumperJumper

Ah ye. Nice Script. I love the new way of interacting with other mods blocks. Dont need the OpenCCSensors and shit anymore.
Anyways, I guess its gonne need a little more hardware with it comes to crafting Iron Plates for example, or anything that needs to be processed by an external machine.
But Ill go with the Computer aided system because I love computers :)

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Yes that is true. You will need external devices like alloy smelters & metal formers. But if you can trigger the crafting from inside of AE because you setup the interfaces or MACs then CC can read the inventory and trigger AE's crafting mechanism to maintain stock levels.