automatic ore processing (noob)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
The Omniwrench counts as a wrench, yes. It's....kinda in the name.

On another note, why are people still playing 1.5? That was a crappy version for modded MC. (Assuming this is the Prototype Omniwrench)
when you right click an ME interface with the omniwrench there is an arrow that changes directions, what does it mean
Wait
REDSTONE ARSENAL HAS THE OMNIWRENCH?!
Yup and it also works as shears

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Redstone Arsenal has an Omniwrench. It's kinda pointless unless you want shears, though, because everything uses the Buildcraft wrench API now.

The arrow just means where the Interface will eject to if you're using it for autocrafting.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, Redstone Arsenal has an Omniwrench. It's kinda pointless unless you want shears, though, because everything uses the Buildcraft wrench API now.

The arrow just means where the Interface will eject to if you're using it for autocrafting.
Thanks i really appreciate it

Veryance

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys I kind of have the same yet different problem. I am trying to get my ME network to handle incoming ores, but still be able to have it grind ores for auto-crafting stuff like bronze if needed, without that ground ore being sucked back into a machine. So far I am leaning towards more than 1 network. In my head, I am this far:
Incoming stuff from quarry --> Ore ME network --> Remove ores from network --> process --> extract from ovens into Main network

my problem is that I don't know how to move all the different kinds of stuff (non-ores) out of the 1st network, and into the 2nd. I thought about sorting out ores before they go into the network, but I can't sort in-line with itemducts, which I would have to since there aren't enough spaces in the servo GUI to account for all the different ore types. Does anyone have any ideas? I can provide screens if that would help. Thanks in advance!

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
so this is the first time im playing a FTB modpack and iv'e been trying to get some automatic ore processing done since i have 5 256x256 quarry plus with efficiency i already set up auto smelting but i need auto pulverising without any loss of ores all that iv'e tried has ended up with stacks of ores falling out of my BC pipes so im not sure on how to go about this

BTW i have an ME set up from which the ores are coming from

If the ores are coming from a ME network, why are you using BC pipes?

Just use an export bus configured with all ores on the blue side of a pulverizer and an import bus on the orange side and do the same for dusts with the machine you do the smelting (I would use IC2 induction furnace, fastest method).

That way it only exports when there is space and pretty easy to setup, it exports all the ores/dusts in your system that are configured in the export buses.

You only need the ME interface if you want it to connect with another pipe or to be able to export on request.

For example you can make configure making glass. For that you put the ME interface on the machine, rotate the arrow to the correct side and put an import bus on the machine.
Then you have to encode a pattern for smelting glass and put it in the interface, that way the ME network knows "put sand in interface and get glass on import bus", but it only does it on request.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Hi guys I kind of have the same yet different problem. I am trying to get my ME network to handle incoming ores, but still be able to have it grind ores for auto-crafting stuff like bronze if needed, without that ground ore being sucked back into a machine. So far I am leaning towards more than 1 network. In my head, I am this far:
Incoming stuff from quarry --> Ore ME network --> Remove ores from network --> process --> extract from ovens into Main network

my problem is that I don't know how to move all the different kinds of stuff (non-ores) out of the 1st network, and into the 2nd. I thought about sorting out ores before they go into the network, but I can't sort in-line with itemducts, which I would have to since there aren't enough spaces in the servo GUI to account for all the different ore types. Does anyone have any ideas? I can provide screens if that would help. Thanks in advance!

You don't need to bring metal dusts back into the network before smelting. If you export ore to a pulverizer then configure it to output direct to a furnace (just have it touching the furnace on one face and set that face to orange in the config tab), then import bus the furnace, it'll do the whole process directly and you won't have any point where dust is being imported/exported.

Then when you want to grind say copper and tin ingots to make bronze, have a macerator with an interface with the "metal ingot -> metal dust" recipe.

Reactions: Padfoote

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Then when you want to grind say copper and tin ingots to make bronze, have a macerator with an interface with the "metal ingot -> metal dust" recipe.

Or you could have an Induction Smelter make things like that, considering it can smelt two types of Ingots together. That way, you don't have to keep anything in its pulverized/dust form.

Reactions: Zenthon_127

Hardchlor

Jul 29, 2019
The absolutely easiest possibility is to use a thermal expansion(TE) Pulverizer, a TE Induction Smelter on the right side of it, a pulverizer pulverizing cobbles on top of the smelter and then adjusting the pulverizers right side to the color of the output and changing the input side from the smelter to the left side and the sand supply from the top.. Then you change the cobble pulverizers output to bottom and output the "slag" and the byproducts from the pulverizers into adjacent chests or your AE system ^^ With this, you don't even need any type of piping :)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
To save on energy and the work that my AE system has to do, I favor pre-processing the ores directly from the quarry (tesseract). You can use BC pipes or Itemducts for this, either works fine.

Code:
T==========|
 vvvvvvv   |
 PPPPPPF   |
 FFFFF     |
 =======>>[AE]

T -- Tesseract
= -- pipes or ducts
V -- Hoppers
P -- Pulverizers
F -- Redstone Furnaces

Set filters on your pipes/ducts to route ores down into the hoppers.
More common ores might need to be directed to multiple hoppers.
The extra P and F on the end of the line are for ores you want to only pulverize or only smelt.
Anything not assigned to a filter goes past the hoppers and straight into the AE system.
Will not spill because excess will just go past the hoppers straight into the AE system.
Obviously you can add as many stacks of P+F to this line as you need to keep up with your quarries.

FTB Xld3

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using Rotary Craft on my server and if you want to go nuts with ingots, I'd suggest you do the following.

You're going to need the following: an extractor from RC, aqueous accumulator/pump of your choice, liquid pipes from RC, bevel gears from RC, 2 cvts from RC, 3 shaft junctions from RC, 4 magnetostatic engines from RC, Redstone conduits and energy from TE3, 62 belts from RC, 2 repeaters, 2 Redstone, a Redstone clock from Expanded Redstone, (recommended) dynometer (forget how to spell it) from RC, and an inventory management system of your choice (preferably AE and impulse itemducts).

Unfortunately this is pretty late game as you need bedrock shafts to make cvts, in current Monster 1.1.1, you can use one magnetostatic engine and a worm gear (RC) to power a bedrock breaker. But oh is it worth it.

I will probably make a drive document for this or something and will upload screenshots for my setup. If you don't know anything about rotary craft I suggest actually reading the manual and watching tutorials. RC is a pretty awesome mod.

Set up engines next to each other with the shaft junctions merging all the power into the first cvt. Fill all belt slots. Use Redstone control. Set one button (Redstone signal on or off) for 32x speed and the other for 4x speed. Outputting from the first cvt place the second cvt and set the same button as the last 32x speed, to 32x speed (ex: if the first cvt had 32x speed when Redstone signal is on, do the same with the second one) and same with the 4x speed. Next place repeaters going towards cvts, Redstone behind repeaters, and Redstone clock behind Redstone. I'd set the clock to either 1 second or 2.5 seconds. Outputting from the second cvt should be dynometer which outputs to bevel gears which outputs to extractor. Set all engines to max output.

If you provide power to the engines, the dynometer should be alternating every one or 2.5 seconds. The torque should never exceed 512 nm, and never be below 8 nm. The speed should either be 32 krad/s or 2 mrad/s. Your extractor should process at least a stack in 10 seconds. Likely less.

Again I'm working on publishing this to a Google doc but if you understand it, knock yourself out. :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RealSketch