automatic ore processing (noob)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
so this is the first time im playing a FTB modpack and iv'e been trying to get some automatic ore processing done since i have 5 256x256 quarry plus with efficiency i already set up auto smelting but i need auto pulverising without any loss of ores all that iv'e tried has ended up with stacks of ores falling out of my BC pipes so im not sure on how to go about this

BTW i have an ME set up from which the ores are coming from

Reactions: RealSketch

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
The fastest processing, thanks to overclocking, would probably be IC2. Unfortunately, it runs off of a different power system. If you were to go with Thermal Expansion for processing, then you'd need to go for a bunch of machines to keep up with the flow of items.

For now, i'd probably consider just importing everything into the ME storage. I'd also advise voiding Cobble, dirt, and gravel to keep the AE system from running out of storage. Did you really need to run 5 quarries at the same time? A simpler solution, even if temporary, would be to cut power from a few of those quarries until the processing system is up and running properly.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
TE Pulverizer - Double ore outcome and chance for extra ore.
IC Macerator - Double ore outcome.
TE Redstone Furnace - Very quick smelting.
IC Electric Furnace - Add upgrades for quicker smelting and options.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Mekanism FTW! Seriously, if you put some effort in, you can get ore QUINTIPLING (5x). Ore quadrupling is pretty easy to setup, with quintupling requiring some more work.

Reactions: PierceSG

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
how about for sorting i mean this is the set up i came up with (not done) but what about for separating items that only get pulverized or items that only get smelted

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
how about for sorting i mean this is the set up i came up with (not done) but what about for separating items that only get pulverized or items that only get smelted

You'll need to use AE to whitelist certain items to go to certain machines. You can also use TE Itemducts for the same functionality.

Reactions: sir dew drop

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
so i tried with the TE itemducts and i somehow f#CK it up
for some reason the items don't drain out
I can never remember if Itemducts need it or not, but some of the TE pipes require a redstone signal to activate. I usually go with a redstone block or lever, myself. Not saying that's your issue, but it's a quick enough thing to test just in case if no one else sees the issue before then! ^.^

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
First off your itemducts may need a redstone signal for them to pull out of machines. The other thing I can think of is the itemducts don't have a viable output(blue).

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I can never remember if Itemducts need it or not, but some of the TE pipes require a redstone signal to activate. I usually go with a redstone block or lever, myself. Not saying that's your issue, but it's a quick enough thing to test just in case if no one else sees the issue before then! ^.^
First off your itemducts may need a redstone signal for them to pull out of machines. The other thing I can think of is the itemducts don't have a viable output(blue).

It really depends on what you need to pull items out of. Things like Quarries, Tesseracts, and most TE3 machines auto-eject items with a proper output configuration. Some other things you would have to give a redstone signal(or a Pneumatic Servo) to make the ducts themselves pull items out.

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
It really depends on what you need to pull items out of. Things like Quarries, Tesseracts, and most TE3 machines auto-eject items with a proper output configuration. Some other things you would have to give a redstone signal(or a Pneumatic Servo) to make the ducts themselves pull items out.
Ah, perhaps that's why I can never seem to keep things straight. In personal experience I think I've always needed the signal for it, but I'm also a remarkably low tech player and have no experience with things like quarries and other high end automated technological systems. Always had trouble wrapping my brain around that sort of stuff, heh.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, perhaps that's why I can never seem to keep things straight. In personal experience I think I've always needed the signal for it, but I'm also a remarkably low tech player and have no experience with things like quarries and other high end automated technological systems. Always had trouble wrapping my brain around that sort of stuff, heh.
Quarries ARE low-tech...

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
so i just thought of a way to sort what will get smelted and what will get pulverized or both and i thought yes finally but then i realized i'm not sure on how to use ME interfaces so I looked for tutorials but none of them explained how to use it so can someone explain that please

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
ME Interfaces can do 3 things:
-The left box is to keep the Interface stocked with items. Just click on it with however many items you want it to keep stocked with and it will do so.
-The right box is where stocked items are located and where you can input items into the network. You can pump items into an Interface and they will all go into the ME Network.
-The bottom bar is where you put patterns in for autocrafting. The Interface will then be able to eject the specified items into an adjacent inventory (you can specify which one by wrenching it if there happen to be multiple inventories).

On another note, grammar. Seriously.

sir dew drop

Jul 29, 2019
ME Interfaces can do 3 things:
-The left box is to keep the Interface stocked with items. Just click on it with however many items you want it to keep stocked with and it will do so.
-The right box is where stocked items are located and where you can input items into the network. You can pump items into an Interface and they will all go into the ME Network.
-The bottom bar is where you put patterns in for autocrafting. The Interface will then be able to eject the specified items into an adjacent inventory (you can specify which one by wrenching it if there happen to be multiple inventories).

On another note, grammar. Seriously.
How about when you right-click it with an omniwrench.