automatic mining trashbag

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Christley

Jul 29, 2019
im not talking about the trashcan. if i mine with my pickaxe and it gets a cobblestone, i want it to be deleted.
is there an item or like a filter (maybe item filter can do it somehow) that when i pick up something ive specified, it automaticly destroys it?

im using ftb infinity evolved

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The Iron Backpacks mod allows for filters to be placed on backpacks to achieve a number of effects. One of the upgrades is a filter that will move the specified item directly to the pack. It also has an autocrafting upgrade, where you can set a.pattern which will be crafted when materials are available in the pack. I've used this combo to automate production of compressed cobblestone (up to double compressed cobble, compressed sand, compressed dirt, and compressed gravel can fit in one pack is done right).

Since my current pack (testing a homebrew) is lacking in automated mining until I get my RoC Boring Machine up and going, this has been a tremendous help in maximizing my mining runs.

I'm not sure if they have a trashcan upgrade, but its not bad idea. If its not there, I'll be sure to drop the Dev a line.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The Iron Backpacks mod allows for filters to be placed on backpacks to achieve a number of effects. One of the upgrades is a filter that will move the specified item directly to the pack. It also has an autocrafting upgrade, where you can set a.pattern which will be crafted when materials are available in the pack. I've used this combo to automate production of compressed cobblestone (up to double compressed cobble, compressed sand, compressed dirt, and compressed gravel can fit in one pack is done right).

Since my current pack (testing a homebrew) is lacking in automated mining until I get my RoC Boring Machine up and going, this has been a tremendous help in maximizing my mining runs.

I'm not sure if they have a trashcan upgrade, but its not bad idea. If its not there, I'll be sure to drop the Dev a line.

Iron Backpacks does indeed have a Void Upgrade. I've grown quite attached to this mod.

Christley

Jul 29, 2019
There is an item in open blocks called the /dev/ null. It is crafted with a cobble and an apple and can hold a stack of a single item and void any further pick ups

was exactly what i was looking for, but since members have pointed out that iron backpacks exists with autocrafting i wont be using it.

Alternately, use the EnderStorage mod and use an EnderPouch to send the stuff back to your base to be sorted.
already am, but with wyvern or better pickaxe i have to bank every minute

thanks, i will use that instead of completely destroying it

Reactions: Inaeo

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Theres a thingy in Botania that automatically stores a certain item as you pick them up, cant remember what its called.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
With the Tinker's Hammers and a backpack of some kind, I take a dolly with a Jabba Barrel, and when I fill up, I set the barrel down, dump the cobble and put it back in the bag. It keeps the debuff off, and means I don't have to travel back to the start of the shaft every time I fill up.

Christley

Jul 29, 2019
turns out infinity evolved doesnt have iron backpacks installed (bummer) so ill have to use dev/null/

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
turns out infinity evolved doesnt have iron backpacks installed (bummer) so ill have to use dev/null/
The advantage of the dev/null is you can place blocks from it. Granted it is limited to one stack since it voids any items held beyond a stack, but its helpful when mining to block water or lava.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
The advantage of the dev/null is you can place blocks from it. Granted it is limited to one stack since it voids any items held beyond a stack, but its helpful when mining to block water or lava.
Thing is if you use Forestry diggers backpack it fills up the pack befor the devnull.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Why don't the official packs use Random Things any more....
Early game: Drop filter: leaves filtered items where they are. Void Drop Filter: Destroys filtered items when you try to pick them up.

Later game: Player Interface + Import bus(or sorting system of choice)(filtered to undesired items) +Toggle Latch + Wireless reciever + Remote = Flick the wireless Remote and all undesired items entering your inventory will instantly enter your sorting system to be stored/compressed/deleted/recycled/whatever.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I find the mod a tad dero, I can't really see one function it provides that another mod did first.
It is in unstable though so being 1.8 does get cudos from me there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk