Automatic Light System

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Coathar44, May 7, 2013.

1. Coathar44

Coathar44 New Member

Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls children of all ages I am proud to present my first ever auto light system!
    I don't know if anyone has done this before but I thought of the idea so hear it is.
    [​IMG]
    That's the main component. You dont need the three repeaters I just forgot to remove them. What happens is when the solar panel sends power to the electrical engine it sucks items out of the chest. Next the gates on the build craft pipes read if there are items in the pipe. If there are items it sends a redstone signal that turns off the torches. If the torches are on then your lights turn on*.
    *Note: The two lights pictured above are not hooked up to this system due to height that I build the machine.
    [​IMG]

In the daytime the torches are off and no signal goes through the wireless transmitter.

[​IMG]
    Here shows the lights that I hooked up.

[​IMG]
    Again the lights hooked up but in nighttime.

I don't know if anyone has come up with the idea.

Freakscar likes this.
  2. budge

budge New Member

That's a novel way to do it. There are several methods already, including one that works in vanilla, but this is definitely the first time I've seen it this way.

3. KhrFreak

KhrFreak New Member

i think one of the mods actually adds a light sensor, maybe red power? but this is a lot cooler

4. Adonis0

Adonis0 New Member

Redpower does, and vanilla 1.5.x does too I'm pretty sure

5. Coathar44

Coathar44 New Member

I found the light sensor but I couldn't figure out how exactly to use it.

6. Adonis0

Adonis0 New Member

Basically, sends a redstone signal when the light is at the desired level. If you open up the shutter more, then it requires less light to activate.

That is my memory of how it works, but can't remember exactly.