Automatic Light System

Coathar44

Jul 29, 2019
Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls children of all ages I am proud to present my first ever auto light system!
I don't know if anyone has done this before but I thought of the idea so hear it is.
Q6DJtLZ.png

That's the main component. You dont need the three repeaters I just forgot to remove them. What happens is when the solar panel sends power to the electrical engine it sucks items out of the chest. Next the gates on the build craft pipes read if there are items in the pipe. If there are items it sends a redstone signal that turns off the torches. If the torches are on then your lights turn on*.
*Note: The two lights pictured above are not hooked up to this system due to height that I build the machine.
qkS7bB7.png

In the daytime the torches are off and no signal goes through the wireless transmitter.

9PExOIO.png

Here shows the lights that I hooked up.

pUm9zKP.png

Again the lights hooked up but in nighttime.

I don't know if anyone has come up with the idea.

Reactions: Freakscar

budge

Jul 29, 2019
That's a novel way to do it. There are several methods already, including one that works in vanilla, but this is definitely the first time I've seen it this way.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
i think one of the mods actually adds a light sensor, maybe red power? but this is a lot cooler

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I found the light sensor but I couldn't figure out how exactly to use it.
Basically, sends a redstone signal when the light is at the desired level. If you open up the shutter more, then it requires less light to activate.

That is my memory of how it works, but can't remember exactly.