Automatic Crafting

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

currently im working on my forestry/redpower treefarm automation.
Im kind of stuck in the Autocrafting of Humus.
As i have planned not to go for a Peat-Production, my Idea was to make dirt out of macerated plantballs and than produce compost out of wheat.

I have seen some wikiarticles etc about the Crafting-table MK2 (From Redpower?) but i cannot find it. Was it removed or does it belong to an extramod?

I think i can use the buildcraft table but that would be kind of complicated and i prefer not to use any pipes.

thx

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thx, any reason, why it isnt in the Pack? (Because there is an 1.4.6 version on the site)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
if you have factorization and a reed farm you can use craftpacket makers and stampers, setup the makers to accept the paper/partial craftpacket in the bottom and the resources from the top and pump the result out the side (they will auto pulse a transposer set to pull them out but this can get stuck)

each maker can be setup to put the resources in specific slots of the crafting grid

then it is just setting up the sorter to pump out 8 dirt 1 fertiliser and 1 paper properly color-coded in sequence

the stamper accepts the packets from the bottom and pumps out the side

JuliCash

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm yeah the thing is, i dont need a peat-farm. And i see only 2 ways of getting the dirt for the carpenter to make humus. grinding the mycelium or macerating the plantball...

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Tree farm supplies sand for bog earth production
Bog farm supplies dirt for bog earth and humus
Wheat farm supplies wheat and seeds for mulch production

Once you have the right quantities of farms those 3 make a perfectly viable automated system which requires no input, you can even add

Tree farm supplies saplings for biomass production to power biogas engines to power all farms and machines.

The only extra/input bit you need is fertilizer in the fermenters.

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm building a forestry tower with peat, wheat, and tree farms. Does anyone have a good ratio of how many of each farm works well together?

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm yeah the thing is, i dont need a peat-farm. And i see only 2 ways of getting the dirt for the carpenter to make humus. grinding the mycelium or macerating the plantball...
You can macerate the plantball if you choose, I'd still use the carpenter recipe. Just use apples in a squeezer for mulch instead of wheat. That way you can power it all will a fermenter and biomass without using too many saplings.