Automatic crafting with Me system

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ewart

Jul 29, 2019
i want to have a system that crafts cobblestone into compressed cobblestone in an me automatic crafting system, i want it to work so it always leaves 2 stacks of cobblestone and craft the rest into compressed cobblestone, i have tried several things but all failed
Does anyone know how to do this?

ewart

Jul 29, 2019
currently i have a way with auto workbenches, level emitters and export busses, but that is a really slow way, im searching for an me way so the crafting can go alot quiker. if i increase the cobblestone input now the autoworkbench system cant handle it

Reactions: SocialIrony

captainjack85

Jul 29, 2019
1. Aim a level emitter at a precision export bus that's exporting into an inventory on the ME system, or use an ME interface.
2. Set the level emitter to emit a redstone signal if cobblestone is > 128. (or set it to whatever you like)
3. Set the Export bus to "craft only" and put the condensed cobblestone as the target being exported. Make sure you set the bus to "active WITH redstone signal"
4. Make a condensed cobblestone pattern and make sure its in your Molecular Assembly Chamber.

The level emitter sends a signal to the export bus when you have >128 cobble, which forces your system to craft condensed cobble only if there's excess. Be careful, setting the export bus to "move single items / craft" may cause a loop of condensed cobble being taken out and re-injected into your system...which is a waste of power.

Hope this helps!

-CaptainJack
TheMindCrafters

Epic_Dave

Jul 29, 2019
if thermal expansion is present id take jacks idea with the level emiters only use a cyclic assembler and import the cobble, that way me isnt doing the crafting for when you want to autocraft other things..

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
if thermal expansion is present id take jacks idea with the level emiters only use a cyclic assembler and import the cobble, that way me isnt doing the crafting for when you want to autocraft other things..
Yeah I prefer to use a external autocrafting source as well since its annoying having it show up in the crafting monitor all the time and take up time from real crafting. So if you have dartcraft you can use the Force pipe with a Crafting card(item card upgraded with a crafting table), else Cylic assemblers are a decent way to go. They do require power though.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I personally would point an export bus exporting compressed cobblestone set to craft only into an ME interface set to respond to a redstone signal, and have a level emitter pointed at the export bus. That'll be the fastest way you can do it as it will craft as fast as the system can go