Automatic cart garage with railcraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inifus

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone ever done this/does anyone know of a good video tutorial of how to make this?
I've seen this with vanilla minecraft, but would be nice to have a queue of carts that you can call for and just be off, and have the cart put into storage once you're done.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Cart/Train Dispenser

Pipe carts into dispenser, push button and voila! cart/train ready. Can also use a Detector to spawn a new cart once the one already there leaves.

If there is already a cart/train in front of the dispenser, it removes the cart. Let the carts run over a Detector that triggers the dispenser to have it automatically put them away. For trains you will often need the RS signal to pulse several times to consistently remove all carts. A bit of redstone magic can easily solve that.

I prefer storing the carts/locomotives in an ender chest. That way every station I make can share the same pool, without them all ending up at one station.

Found this old post where I did just cart spawners: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/th...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-27#post-893555
I basically still use this approach. Takes a bit more work with trains, but not that hard.

EDIT: Oh I also recently made this CC script to choose destinations of trains(Routing) on a touch screen monitor: http://imgur.com/a/5qEHA
It will also output a redstone signal once destination is picked, which can be used to spawn a train from a dispenser.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inaeo

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Startlingly simple: Cart dispenser will spit out a cart on a redstone signal, or absorb one if one is present. Place a detector track on top of the dispenser and incoming carts will be sucked in. You can then pipe them into a second dispenser, and when you press a button to provide a signal, or step on a pressure plate, it will spit a cart out on top and you'll be ready to ride. Leave a blank track on top and then you can use W to push onto a booster (powered) rail, and speed away, or have a locking track from railcraft that will give you a shove with redstone. If you want automated leaving, you have a pressure plate/trip wire you cross, cart is ejected and sent off, and crosses a boarding track that automatically sucks you aboard.

One station at either end, and poof, cart garages with on-demand carts.

Of course rhn's works as well. For whatever reason couldn't post yesterday, or I'd have done it then.