Automated Wither Killing

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Autonomous activators, my dear watson!

Build a tower where Activators build the wither in the top. He is when he is getting ready falling down to the bottom. On the way down he can activate a tripwire. This tripwire starts Drawbridges with compressed (those that are witherproof) and close the top.

When he comes down its just to kill him. He can maybe be killed by catching his head in the compressed cobblestone. Or a netherstar generator gives damage enough to kill him.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Build a tower where Activators build the wither in the top. He is when he is getting ready falling down to the bottom. On the way down he can activate a tripwire. This tripwire starts Drawbridges with compressed (those that are witherproof) and close the top.

When he comes down its just to kill him. He can maybe be killed by catching his head in the compressed cobblestone. Or a netherstar generator gives damage enough to kill him.
How does it know when to open back up for the next wither though?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If its automated, you could have a computer that checks a small chest (or barrel, perhaps) that waits for an inventory change event to be fired. If it detects a nether star in the chest, it allows it to be pumped out, and sends a wireless message to a controlling receiver that handles the drawbridge to open the bridge for the next Wither.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
If its automated, you could have a computer that checks a small chest (or barrel, perhaps) that waits for an inventory change event to be fired. If it detects a nether star in the chest, it allows it to be pumped out, and sends a wireless message to a controlling receiver that handles the drawbridge to open the bridge for the next Wither.
That seems awful complicated, MFFS placing the blocks seems like it'd be slightly simpler.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
That seems awful complicated, MFFS placing the blocks seems like it'd be slightly simpler.
But, how would it know when the wither that was put in there is dead? With my method, you've a way to guarantee it, so a Wither has almost zero chance of being accidentally let loose.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
But, how would it know when the wither that was put in there is dead? With my method, you've a way to guarantee it, so a Wither has almost zero chance of being accidentally let loose.
Well, once the wither is dead it'd be able to place the blocks down. You can't place the blocks down while they're there, or when the wither is there.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Well, once the wither is dead it'd be able to place the blocks down. You can't place the blocks down while they're there, or when the wither is there.
Ohhhhh, I thought you were building a room for the Wither to die in, not just a slot or whatever. Aye, that could work, but I dunno which would be more efficient in terms of both resources, power, and TPS lag introduction.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Deleting the sound file never works for me, it just replaces itself. I copy over the most annoying sound effects with a silent file instead.