Automated Wither Killing

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
I created this forum thread so we can share our methods of wither killing, and things like how fast they're killed, how the items are collected, etc. I use a nether star gen to kill a wither in around 20 seconds, and as much as I try, I cannot beat that number without the use of SDX, which I'd prefer to avoid. For the collection of items, I have a minecart with a hopper run under warded slabs on which the wither is fought on.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Turtle + Warded Blocks + ExpandedRedstone Shock Panel with a Star focus. One-hits the wither after construction. Warded blocks ensure that he cannot get out.
Nice! Never used ExpandedRedstone, don't believe I've ever had it in a pack, but I'd imagine that's pretty much unlimited wither stars, the only thing holding you back would be the wither spawn time.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I used Twilight Forest maze stone artfully into a 5x5 chamber then completely warded. I usually setup 3-5 wither bosses at once and fight them manually.

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
I used Twilight Forest maze stone artfully into a 5x5 chamber then completely warded. I usually setup 3-5 wither bosses at once and fight them manually.
Didn't even consider fighting multiples at once, excellent idea =)
Would make the BM energy bazooka I'm using even more efficient :p

Also: Baphomet morph =)

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't even consider fighting multiples at once, excellent idea =)
Would make the BM energy bazooka I'm using even more efficient :p

Also: Baphomet morph =)
Energy bazooka? How does that thing take down a wither, and what mod are Baphomets from?

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Point at wither, right-click. Repeat until Wither dead =)
And since it does lare AOE damage, more Withers, more efficiency.

Baphomet is from Grimoire of Gaia 2. Immune to the wither effect =)

Reactions: YX33A

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Point at wither, right-click. Repeat until Wither dead =)
And since it does lare AOE damage, more Withers, more efficiency.

Baphomet is from Grimoire of Gaia 2. Immune to the wither effect =)
Ah :p But when I said how does it take it down, I meant more along the lines of how fast!

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Ah :p But when I said how does it take it down, I meant more along the lines of how fast!
Pretty fast, I can't really tell for sure since I chose security over convenience for my room. It's rather large and close to bedrock which means I can have some targeting issues =)

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty fast, I can't really tell for sure since I chose security over convenience for my room. It's rather large and close to bedrock which means I can have some targeting issues =)
Do you think under 20s? Because in that case I have some automating to do :D

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't look at a watch, busy trying to hit the wither with all the &%$ void fog blocking my LOS =)
I don't really know how well it works with automation, but it might work with a right-click enabled fake player.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't look at a watch, busy trying to hit the wither with all the &%$ void fog blocking my LOS =)
I don't really know how well it works with automation, but it might work with a right-click enabled fake player.
Autonomous activators, my dear watson!