Automated Liquid Placement

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jayrey

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, so, I'm wanting to set up a system that will place lava in a specific location for me, then when that lava is removed, it places another bit of lava, however, I would rather not use buckets if possible as that is just a pain, and would rather not have to go into blood magic for the ritual either. I have quite a lot of resources so I can probably afford most recipes as long as it's not some crazy recipe like something from draconic evolution!
Are there any mods that offer a way to do this?
Any and all help appreciated!

Jayrey

Jul 29, 2019
It's a nice idea, unfortunately it outputs on all sides though, which would be a disaster for me, I need it to output to just one designated location

diehard586

Jul 29, 2019
I use this setup

TNiGhuu.jpg

A Pump from BuildCraft powered with an Redstone Engine and the ender tank above the pump will send lava/liquid automatically to the tank.. Remember to enable ChickenChunks and put a Chunk Loader next to the machine..

And in the other side i use this

kQgmwpr.jpg

The tank is directlly conected to the Tinker's Construct furnace, but if u want to connect to other machines like TE machines, put above the machine and set the input, or use fluid pipes, even the liquid transfer node with upgrades will work fine... Hope that helped :D

Jayrey

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I'm sorry I think you misunderstood, I have an infinite supply of lava already. I'm wanting to place lava into a specific place in the world, not into a machine or smeltery but actually physically into the world which I can't do with that setup

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
It's a nice idea, unfortunately it outputs on all sides though, which would be a disaster for me, I need it to output to just one designated location

Just simply block off the sides where you don't want lava.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey guys, so, I'm wanting to set up a system that will place lava in a specific location for me, then when that lava is removed, it places another bit of lava, however, I would rather not use buckets if possible as that is just a pain, and would rather not have to go into blood magic for the ritual either. I have quite a lot of resources so I can probably afford most recipes as long as it's not some crazy recipe like something from draconic evolution!
Are there any mods that offer a way to do this?
Any and all help appreciated!
MFR has a "fountain" machine that will accept piped in liquids (including lava) and place it 1 block above it.

It does cost a tiny bit of energy to place the block.

This is probably ideal for things like Botania setups where you know the lava is going to be consumed and you simply want to replace it right away afterwards.

http://ftbwiki.org/Fountain

Jayrey

Jul 29, 2019
MFR has a "fountain" machine that will accept piped in liquids (including lava) and place it 1 block above it.

It does cost a tiny bit of energy to place the block.

This is probably ideal for things like Botania setups where you know the lava is going to be consumed and you simply want to replace it right away afterwards.

http://ftbwiki.org/Fountain

AHA, Perfect, this is just the sort of thing I was looking for, thank you very much :)