Automated Bio Mass Production - Electric Engine question...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
Heyas, just a quick question.

I've got two wheat farms, with both being harvested by two Steve Carts. This feeds a Bio Mass production line and ends at a huge Railcraft tank. I'd like to keep the system on, but sometimes things slow a bit and energy builds up in the BC pipes connecting to two fermenters. These are powered by two electric engines. I'm not completely familiar with the more complicated BC gates, but are there some that help prevent energy build up? Or should I just move to Thermal Expansion Energy Conduits?

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You could have a gate with condition "can store energy" next to machines using energy and "emit redstone signal" for action and wire that signal to your engines.

Reactions: Cisco78

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
You could have a gate with condition "can store energy" next to machines using energy and "emit redstone signal" for action and wire that signal to your engines.

Oh, so it would only emit energy if the machine is working? Do normal "OR" gates have this function?

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
It depends, if you've an assembly table and stuff set up to make gates that's probably the cheapest solution. If you don't have that yet though the Conduits are cheaper (I think) and they sure are easier to set up (no need to mess with any logic).

Cisco78

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replies. While I get a "Gate" made, I'm using energy conduits for now. I had a few lying around.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You can use structure pipes with the Gate to do it if you have conduits. You are still wasting energy with the conduits, they just do not blow up.