Auto spawer ??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
For the auto spawers do u have to be within 16 blocks for it to spawn or does the chunk just need loaded. also and one have a good auto spawer/auto grinder design.

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
nope it'll spawn indefinitely, as long as its in a loaded chunk :) as for spawning I tend to have at least a ten block drop, so that the auto spawner spawns at max rate then at the bottom, it depends what you want the trap for, I like iron spikes and fans, it requires no power, and still drops rare loot

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
While the above is true, mobs spawned from the auto-spawner will despawn if nobody is within 120 blocks while still using mob essence. So technically the range you have to be in should be between 0 and 120 (128?) blocks.

On a server, if nobody is online at all, it seems to work though. But as soon as someone comes online but not in range of your spawner, essence is wasted again.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Not confirmed from my side, but I saw some posts here saying that you can put it in a other dimension(ende/Nether/Twighlight Forest/Mystcraftage) and as long as you do not ender in this dimension its like Racemol told you. No one online it spawns :)

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Correct :) The nobody online rule is per dimension so you could make the spawner in another dimension. But still, when someone goes to that dimension the 120 block rule applies again.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I handel it in my server that we have 1 Age for the spawners. Now it happens to be that we are just 4 people on the server so in 120 blocks there is enoguh space for everyone to build the spawner. Since we do not do anythign else in this age Spawners never stand still. At least not because of this damn Vanilla rule.

What I want to make this thread usefull for would be the design of your spawners.
I would like to do my the smalest possible. So the Spawner do spawn in a 9x9 but the grinder just kil in a 3x3.

Iron Spikes would be a Idea, but do enderman blink away if they get dmg?

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Iron Spikes would be a Idea, but do enderman blink away if they get dmg?

They won't port unless there's a player visible and on their agro table. With no one on the hate table, they'll just stand there, taking damage.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Stupid Enders xD One could thing theres nothing more then black in rheir brain :p

So all I have to do is put Iron Pikes in a 9x9 and the spawner above. so just 4 high(1x Iron Pikes + 2 Spawn space +3 Spawner/Roof)
Only thing left to do is collect the items (note sure how they are dropped by the pikes have to check it at home)

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
If you use the auto-spawner from MFR, doesn't it make sense to kill them with a grinder, also from MFR? You'll get back 100 mB of essence and it also works in 3x3 spaces.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
For the auto spawers do u have to be within 16 blocks for it to spawn or does the chunk just need loaded. also and one have a good auto spawer/auto grinder design.
-shameless self promotion-
I have one :p

And you don't have to be in 16 blocks for the cursed earth to spawn mass amounts of mobs, but be warned, as per the video, you will get bogged down with tons of equipment.
You also don't need to be within 16 blocks for the auto-spawner to work.

I scripted a turtle to repair the armor for me.

Reactions: Ryan Mesure

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
-shameless self promotion-
I have one :p

And you don't have to be in 16 blocks for the cursed earth to spawn mass amounts of mobs, but be warned, as per the video, you will get bogged down with tons of equipment.
You also don't need to be within 16 blocks for the auto-spawner to work.

I scripted a turtle to repair the armor for me.

Great video, i will be checking out that ender pipe thing

Reactions: Alcheya

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
If you use the auto-spawner from MFR, doesn't it make sense to kill them with a grinder, also from MFR? You'll get back 100 mB of essence and it also works in 3x3 spaces.

The Grinder kills in 5x5.[DOUBLEPOST=1390859251][/DOUBLEPOST]

If you have Ars Magica and using Cursed Earth you can risk Light Mage and if you get a Light Mage and a Creeper at the same time they will fight.... What happens when a Creeper get attacked? It can explode. You can ask Direwolf20 - He had problem with that in one of his videos where the Creeper destroyed the hopper setup.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019

If you have Ars Magica and using Cursed Earth you can risk Light Mage and if you get a Light Mage and a Creeper at the same time they will fight.... What happens when a Creeper get attacked? It can explode. You can ask Direwolf20 - He had problem with that in one of his videos where the Creeper destroyed the hopper setup.

If I had to worry about that, I'd probably make 1x1 spawning chambers. Glass on cursed earth won't destroy the earth, so if that was a common thing, you could use a block on glass to separate spawning "chambers." You'd lose a lot of spawning area, but at least you won't have blown up machines/spawners. Could also put the 1x1 checkerboard "chambers" with just the top block and no bottom block touching the earth so spiders could still spawn freely, but other mobs would be out of LOS from eachother.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Correct, but that does not mean you can't use it in a 3x3 room. That's what I was saying..

I play on a server with mob griefing off, so the light mages wont hurt me much but it can indeed be a problem. Not sure if there is a neat way of solving that though.

Edit: Thinking more about it, there should be a way to solve it. What if you make a small 2x2 (or 3x3) block grind room and encase it in blocks with high blast resistance. Place the grinders behind the blocks. Worste that could happen is the cursed earth is blown away and you need to replace it.

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
The probolem I have is that the Spawner does spawn in 9x9 but I just want him to spawn in 3x3 or 5x5.
To avoid spawn in the rest of the area I have to full block it with other blocks don´t I?

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
The probolem I have is that the Spawner does spawn in 9x9 but I just want him to spawn in 3x3 or 5x5.
To avoid spawn in the rest of the area I have to full block it with other blocks don´t I?

Yes... I have used Tinkers Clear Glass and it looks nice.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019

I've seen plenty of 5x5 boxes, just make sure to make the walls 2 thick all the way around to cover the 9x9 spawning area.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen plenty of 5x5 boxes, just make sure to make the walls 2 thick all the way around to cover the 9x9 spawning area.

5x5 + 2 thick wall = 7x7?!
I did it like Niels did, not a problem at all. my only wich was to make it smaller then a 9x9 area since space is spare in my base design ;)