Aura Cascade - Feedback and discussion

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't used the fluxing node, so I can't tell how that is affecting it. The changes of course make it so one system won't cut it, at least not that I have found so far. Overall I feel like there should be another element implemented to give more control over the aura, especially with the violet aura change. There is no way to detect when the dissipation is about to happen because the comparators have a very coarse scale.

Might be nice if the comparators worked more like vanilla ones, by default they would work with the total aura in a node but they could be "tuned" to a specific color and would send out a signal strength equal to the percent of the max. It would be fun if the capacitors were also changed so that they would not hold aura when given a signal, meaning that a pulse will make them drop and start storing again. In my opinion, a change like that would let the automation of this be more dynamic and allow for more complex systems to squeeze just a little bit more power out if you were creative enough.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
Idea for inter-aura interactions and a new node type.
Black aura changes the color of any other aura that enters it's node.
Filter nodes that either only accept aura of a certain color, or only allow certain colors to leave out of certain sides.
That could lead to some interesting interactions.

Like a system that uses tnt and red aura to pump aura up and have a daylight sensor signalling some nodes at the top to send the aura down a line that turns it into green aura and drops it. And then gets filtered back into red to pump up.
something like this could add a lot of option for the user to do things their own way and come up with new optimizations.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Can I just say thank you for finally giving me a use for arrows? Mob farms always generate thousands of the things, but I've never really found much use for them before. Projectile Aura Pumps + Dispenser + Timer makes me happy...as long as I don't walk in front of it. :)

Reactions: tommyTT

deadby199cuts

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to automate the Vortex controller in horizions daybreak? I for the life of me can't figure out a way.