Attempting to autocraft tesseracts with AE: diamond pipes screwing up.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Awoigre

Jul 29, 2019
So in my never-ending quest to automate the production of useful things, I want to be able to make tesseracts, energy cells and energy conduits by having my AE system autocraft them. Hardened glass and the relevant alloys were easy; the difficult part seems to be getting the right ingredients into the liquid transposer and magma crucible. I have my system set up as shown here: http://imgur.com/3GB4hJr

The problem is, when I request an item such as an energy conduit, the empty conduit and redstone dust will go in to the hopper and just sit there, not going into the diamond pipe (which I have set up to route the ender pearls and redstone into the blue side, and the tesseracts/pipes into the red).

I also tried direct piping from the ME interface into the diamond pipe, but that just made the stuff bounce back up into the interface. I really want to get this working... oh and I'm on FTB Unleashed, so I don't have access to a sorter, sadly.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I just use a crucible / transposer combination for ender and redstone separately I constantly keep stocked with redstone. You can then simply toss the emty frames / conduits in the top of the corresponding transposer. Hoppers don't output to pipes since they're not an inventory. It's not going to work with a single crucible / transposer for both redstone and ender.

Reactions: PureEvil

Lisranda

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this video of mine last time this topic came up. The easiest way to deal with it in the context of Applied Energistics is to use a subnet for the liquid section:

Awoigre

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I figured out a fix. Interface -> hopper -> wooden pipe with autarchic gate set to pulse -> diamond pipe -> machines. Thanks for the other suggestions too :)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You could have it shorter, too.

I also encountered the issue with items bouncing back right into the interface when I attempted to output to a pipe. So I chose the simplest solution... I declared the path backwards to be illegal.

Interface -> iron transport pipe -> rest

Jazz

Jul 29, 2019
http://postimg.org/image/gcumyvha9/
That's what you want, you will need one for tesseracts and one for energy cells and conduits in case you will request tesseracts and cells at the same time, if not only one will do the trick. And you can request several stacks(till' you fill the diamond chest xD) without overflow. :p

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
I have 3 pairs of magma crucible/liquid transposer: one for redstone, another for ender pearls, and the last is for glowstone. They all have a constant supply of their respective materials.

I then taught my AE system to craft minium stones for autocrafting ender pearls (it's one of those items I hate farming).

Each liquid transposer has an ME interface for the autocrafting of attuned tesseracts and others.

It keeps the setup simple. No fancy pipes and overflow management required.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Use item routers from MFR in place of the 2 diamond pipes, my set up can do tesseracts, liquiducts, energy cells and illuminators with no problems. If anyone would like to see a vid of the set up let me know and I'll throw one together :)

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still in 1.4.7 and I have an interface ontop of a diamond pipe. Works for me. It works for REC and tesseracts

Awoigre

Jul 29, 2019
http://postimg.org/image/gcumyvha9/
That's what you want, you will need one for tesseracts and one for energy cells and conduits in case you will request tesseracts and cells at the same time, if not only one will do the trick. And you can request several stacks(till' you fill the diamond chest xD) without overflow. :p

That's actually a good idea... I was making a bunch of glowstone illuminators and my system overflowed the magma crucible and started sending glowstone dust everywhere... I shall modify accordingly.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty easy to do with Logi pipes and an interface along with a crafting pipe but that would be 1.5/1.6 and im not sure if the craft recipes from those pipes properly display in AE terminals yet.

Awoigre

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics pipes are one of those things which look awesome and powerful but I cannot find a single thing on the FTB wiki about them, so... it's a bit hard to get those going without knowing what they do :p

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics pipes are one of those things which look awesome and powerful but I cannot find a single thing on the FTB wiki about them, so... it's a bit hard to get those going without knowing what they do :p

Direwolf20 has a very long but very informative 3 part spotlight on the updated logistics pipes. It helped me a lot.

Reactions: Malexion

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Direwolf20 has a very long but very informative 3 part spotlight on the updated logistics pipes. It helped me a lot.

Same, never used logi pipes before 1.5 and I have a near full understanding of pipe logic.

This would probably be accomplished with a crafting pipe requesting the necessary 40 redstone/4 ender pearls to route into the satellite pipe connecting to the magma crucible and sending the main container to the liquid trans poser which hopefully will output the completed product properly.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Same, never used logi pipes before 1.5 and I have a near full understanding of pipe logic.

This would probably be accomplished with a crafting pipe requesting the necessary 40 redstone/4 ender pearls to route into the satellite pipe connecting to the magma crucible and sending the main container to the liquid trans poser which hopefully will output the completed product properly.

I set something like this up in my current world but I didn't like the way it turned out. I eventually stripped it back down and I have kept crafting almost completely within my Applied Energistics system. I was having a problem too and that recursive crafting didn't seem to work very well if some of the crafting was done in AE and some with Logipipes. In the Direwolf spotlight, Dire mentions that at the time one of the main areas of AE/logipipes integration that wasn't working was being able to see AE crafting options in a Logistics request pipe even though AE can see Logipipes crafts. I think it is a more general case that logistics pipes can't make crafting requests of the AE system yet. Apparently this is something they are working on though.

Logistics pipes are fantastic for loads of stuff though. One thing that I am sure will make many people happy is that it is very easy to do continuous crafting with Logistics pipes with Item sinks or suppliers and passive suppliers. These can also be controlled with Level emitters (I don't think Logistics pipes interact directly with Redstone but they have a gate conditional that can disable all functions of the pipe except routing). It might be worthwhile to use a supplier pipe on your magma crucibles to keep them permanently stocked with redstone/glowstone or ender pearls though. You can supply them from ME storage if you have at least a provider pipe and a basic logistics pipe connected to the supplier and an ME interface. Alternatively, you can use the translocators from Chickenbones. They are great because you can set your ME interface that contains the recipe for your empty conduits to keep x redstone exported and the translocators push that redstone with no overspill into your crucible. Applying a diamond nugget allows you to keep a set amount of material in an inventory just like a supplier pipe.