Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
NEI Integration is not in Material Energy ^4!
Regardless of that, I insatlled it to my modded MC and try it out, but it doesn't show item durability.
In NEI options there is no options for NEI Integration. Even in the NEI Integration mod's config file I didn't find anything about item durability.
It looks definitely not that mod do the trick...
Yeah, I just checked. My mistake. I was thinking about OreDict entries. Sorry for the confusion :/

Reactions: Piripács

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
MystCraft has an Intra-linking modifier that you can put on link panels to make link books work in the same dimension.

Make Mystcraft Intralinking books to have portals between 2 points in the same world. You make them by dropping Gold dust/pulverized gold into the Ink Mixer. Pull out the Link Panel and you get a chance to get a Intra Linking. I personally use 12 dusts per try to get almost guaranteed(sometimes you might get "Generate Platform" though).

Thanks to both, didn't knew about that modifier! :)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
In the Infinity modpack I don't see qCraft, except of Mysticraft hubs in an another dimension, what can be used to move quickly in the same dimension? Teleporter from IC2?
Other than the intra-linking books mentioned, you could also use Blood Magic Teleposers, which when given a redstone signal swap things above them with another Teleposer. Clestial Gateways are another way if you into KAMI. You could also use Ender Rails on Dimensional Transevers and ride a cart across a pair of these (this does work cross-dimension too).

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
NEI Integration is not in Material Energy ^4!
Regardless of that, I insatlled it to my modded MC and try it out, but it doesn't show item durability.
In NEI options there is no options for NEI Integration. Even in the NEI Integration mod's config file I didn't find anything about item durability.
It looks definitely not that mod do the trick...
I think that would be EnderIO.

Reactions: Piripács

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
I am stuck next to a hungry node and can't move. Is my only option to wait until I starve to death? I did take the precaution of leaving all my valuable items in a safe place.
Try placing down blocks that you can walk on. IIRC, as long as there's at least one block between you and the node, you can sprint away from it.
Other wise, if you don't want to break it, I'd say you're out of options.

And as a tip for the next time, bring a staff of travelling. It's so helpful it almost feels like cheating. A link book is an option too, although less convenient.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Try placing down blocks that you can walk on... And as a tip for the next time, bring a staff of travelling. It's so helpful it almost feels like cheating. A link book is an option too, although less convenient.
I'm floating in the air so there's no chance of placing anything underneath me. I don't think I've got the resources for a staff yet, it's a pretty new world, but that's a good tip for later.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I'm floating in the air so there's no chance of placing anything underneath me. I don't think I've got the resources for a staff yet, it's a pretty new world, but that's a good tip for later.
How then are you stuck? Did you place a barrier between yourself and the node?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get a pic of how you are stuck? This makes little sense.

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I think that would be EnderIO.

THAT IT IS!!! Thanks!

The EnderIO mod what is shows the items durability!

To be honest, right now I didn't play an FTB modpack. I play with a simple myself-put-together modded MC, because today I find out that one of my favourite mod, the old IC2 has a 1.7.10 port. (Its long time I last checked it.) So I put together my alltime favourtie mods - BC,Forestry,IC2- and a few others, to get a nostalgic, but yet a new experience.

The EnderIO is one of my favourite mod from the new generations, but right now I don't want to istall it. HOW STUPID I WAS... :-D
But, because that is the mod (LOL, why I never figured out that?) what shows item durability with numbers, that I like very much, I think now I put EnderIO to my all time favourite mods list.

Thanks again, have a nice day to all the FTB and modded MC fans!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, I put obsidian underneath it, now I'm stuck dangling with my head scraping against the obsidian platform.
Got any wood? If do then make a crafting table and make some ladders. Place blocks downwards, apply ladders and try and climb down them until you are out of the nodes reach.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I put obsidian underneath it, now I'm stuck dangling with my head scraping against the obsidian platform.
Alternatively, move VERY SLOWLY to one side so that you can place more blocks next to the obsidian block, which should allow you make a quick getaway.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Alternatively, move VERY SLOWLY to one side so that you can place more blocks next to the obsidian block, which should allow you make a quick getaway.
I really don't see how. I can't build down at all. Here I am, just stuck under the platform. I can swing from side to side but I can't clear the edge of the platform. All I can do is box myself in.

2015-02-17_23.52.46.jpg

Reactions: efr44738

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't see how. I can't build down at all. Here I am, just stuck under the platform. I can swing from side to side but I can't clear the edge of the platform. All I can do is box myself in.
Yeah, I think your only option is to punch that obsidian above your head for ~8mins untill it breaks and you're put out of your misery. I don't think you can even starve to death.

Maybe trying to move towards the edge of the platform is easier than trying to break it? Unless you can get help, I think death is your only release.

EDIT: ...or you could do a /kill .

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Yeah, I think your only option is to punch that obsidian above your head for ~8mins untill it breaks and you're put out of your misery.

Yeah I guess so. Well, I expected it, I deliberately went in with only a small amount of obsidian to box it in with. The cobblestone got sucked in from the nearby hillside that you can see being torn apart in the background.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I guess so. Well, I expected it, I deliberately went in with only a small amount of obsidian to box it in with. The cobblestone got sucked in from the nearby hillside that you can see being torn apart in the background.
Can't you place a couple of blocks
fPAXhkK.jpg

that way, even if temporarily?

EDIT FOR SUPREME UN-CLARITY: I mean, put some more blocks onto those obsidian ones so you can crawl with your head along the ceiling away from the node's AOE?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you place a couple of blocks
fPAXhkK.jpg

that way, even if temporarily?

EDIT FOR SUPREME UN-CLARITY: I mean, put some more blocks onto those obsidian ones so you can crawl with your head along the ceiling away from the node's AOE?
I don't think he can move at all horizontally. I think the node's gravity effect is too strong for that.