Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
A quick google trip:
They reduce the number of ticks between transfers between the buffer tank and altar itself by 1 each, so they're essentially souped-up dislocation runes. With 19 the altar can be filled/drawn from by pipes 20x faster than usual.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
In the absence of fluiducts in 1.7, what do you guys use to automatically extract molten metals out of a smeltery?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
In the absence of fluiducts in 1.7, what do you guys use to automatically extract molten metals out of a smeltery?
Liquid transfer nodes.
Later on I don't really need the smeltery anymore for anything else but tools, so I switch to a drain again.

MajorMajora

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to log into a server that uses an ftb modback. Is it supposed to take a really long time? Because it has been upwards of 8 minutes now and I'm not on. That is also common for starting FTB for me, but is connecting just as complicated? Or is it an indication I need the client side mods?

Edit: going on like half an hour now I'm going to try it with the launcher.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Using the MFR Auto-brewer for the first time. I was under the impression that it used up one ingredient for every potion step it made. But I am seeing that something like every other potion is not costing any ingredients, and ingredients just build up inside it(automated it with ME).
Is that normal? If so can I automate around it? Like craft 2 potions at the time with one set of ingredients?

On TPPI pack.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to log into a server that uses an ftb modback. Is it supposed to take a really long time? Because it has been upwards of 8 minutes now and I'm not on. That is also common for starting FTB for me, but is connecting just as complicated? Or is it an indication I need the client side mods?
No, logging in isn't supposed to take that long.
Can you post the log of your client and the server (upload it on Pastebin)?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Using the MFR Auto-brewer for the first time. I was under the impression that it used up one ingredient for every potion step it made. But I am seeing that something like every other potion is not costing any ingredients, and ingredients just build up inside it(automated it with ME).
Is that normal? If so can I automate around it? Like craft 2 potions at the time with one set of ingredients?

On TPPI pack.
IIRC you need one brewer for each type of potion you wanna brew, and it can brew two potions from one set of ingredients.
Crafting two potions with one set of ingredients should be possible with AE if you just specify two water bottles as imput.
But I haven't really used the auto brewer yet so don't quote me on that.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
IIRC you need one brewer for each type of potion you wanna brew, and it can brew two potions from one set of ingredients.
Crafting two potions with one set of ingredients should be possible with AE if you just specify two water bottles as imput.
But I haven't really used the auto brewer yet so don't quote me on that.
Yeah so far it seems like it works with 2 for 2. It also seems like it is not random but it is every other potion that is free. Should never luck out and run out of mats then.

And yeah if I were to brew lots of different potions, then I would definitely choose to automate Brewing Stands instead as each stand can be used for many different potions(one stand for akward potion, one for glowstone etc.). Or maybe empty stands and then export items bottles and ingredients on demand. But so far I only really need potions for Magnum Torches and then it is just easier with just two Auto-brewers :p

lare290

Jul 29, 2019
This right place for this? Well lets try.
Tech World 2 crashes to desktop after Mojang logo without any warning, logs or anything.

San

Jul 29, 2019
What do I do with 190K steel? I accidentally left my high oven on and converted all my iron...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
What do I do with 190K steel? I accidentally left my high oven on and converted all my iron...
Do you have Rotarycraft or Reactorcraft? Then I promise you're going to find a use for all of that (provided it's HSLA steel) :D
Else, maybe you can craft minecarts and then somehow melt them down to iron.