Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

soulpelt

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to edit the config file in the Rogue-like Dungeons mod in Horizons? Every time I open it I get that crazy mumbo-jumbo? I want to have a good start when i used my favorite seed.

jpezninjo

Jul 29, 2019
1) Big reactors only output steam now?
2) How can I get the cyanite needed to build a BR steam turbine? Do I need to let the reactor chew threw fuel and use the steam with some other engine?

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
1) Big reactors only output steam now?
2) How can I get the cyanite needed to build a BR steam turbine? Do I need to let the reactor chew threw fuel and use the steam with some other engine?
You can still build the regular version, which is also how you get cyanite. Just feed it yellorium, and it will output cyanite as a waste product.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Basically BR gated the progression to the turbines by using it's own waste mechanics.
Which is good since the turbines outputs a lot more power when you run steam through it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any reliable sources of renewable redstone dust in the Direwolf20 pack?
Witch farms are great for redstone, glowstone, and gunpowder. If you're unlucky, it may take a while to find a witch. Fortunately, with MFR systems you only ever need to find 1.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Witch farms are great for redstone, glowstone, and gunpowder. If you're unlucky, it may take a while to find a witch. Fortunately, with MFR systems you only ever need to find 1.

Don't most people use a potion of transformation on a Druid? (Both twilight forest things)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a updated mod review of mariculture? All the ones I can find still mentioned the freezer. Which has been taken out i think.

I have a few ? about the mod. I put 3 lvl 3 heaters in the crucible and it still will only get to 1500 degrees. that is same temp it would get to before i put them in. Is there a up grade to speed it up.

Ars Magica 2 I learned Physical Damage and Lighting Danage, and i Have a green point, but area effect is still black. How can I unlock it?

Last edited:

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Can MFFS take armor and weapons from mobs? Can it take armor and weapons from mobs spawned through MFR auto spawners?

That's a brilliant idea. I assume the interdiction matrix would only work on players though, I don't think mobs get an inventory per se

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
On tesseracts... two scenarios. If a tesseract is set up to receive power but nothing is using the power (device off or doesn't draw when idle) does the power still get used? Meaning does tesseract #1 still sends the power to #2
the second part is if the receiving tesseract is off all together, does the first one still try and send energy?

thanks

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
On tesseracts... two scenarios. If a tesseract is set up to receive power but nothing is using the power (device off or doesn't draw when idle) does the power still get used? Meaning does tesseract #1 still sends the power to #2
the second part is if the receiving tesseract is off all together, does the first one still try and send energy?

thanks
The new tesseracts are lossless device now. So there is no power loss or used by the tesseract. It just a means to transport power. As for the 2nd part no energy should be lost or transmited since the receiver is off.

Last edited:
Reactions: YX33A

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
guys help with openperipheral. I can't make it work, I tried placing a computer next to a chest entered lua and typed peripheral.isPresent("side") it's always false like it cant detect the block.

mc 1.6.4 forge9.11.1.965
mod versions: cc1.63, openperipheralcore0.3.3, openperipheralAddons0.1.3

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
edit: nevermind I solved it. stupid bug :)

ftb unhinged: For some reason I cant use the soldering iron and circuits anymore. It worked two weeks ago but now i wanted to expand on my engines. but when I like last time right click the soldering iron and insert the circuit board it still shows the error that there isnt a circuit present so I cant add the iron tube :( any idea what I might be doing wrong that I forgot? I thought I done it enough to know what to do but.. apperently not

Last edited: