Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
What could I use instead?
I'd suggest looking into using a HTGR at least, but really, you'll need a bit more then what help I can give you if you're trying to power a end-game paradise engine by Reika and all you have now is a bit of bedrock dust, some basic machines, and a industrial coil(even if you used a High Strength Coil I doubt it'd be enough). You may even wish to ask Reika himself what he would suggest, but be warned, Reika appears to be a Dragon(if his Avatar is also his Fursona), and you know what they say about dragons.

...They say plenty of things. Beware of Dragon is a good one. "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup" is a personal favorite or mine.

*Yes I know that's not how Fursonas work, but it's a way of looking at them that amuses me to no end.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
wiki says u can enchant your ars magica spell book. I put mine in a enchanying table and it does nothing?. Is there a way to do it?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Can I send a minecart through a portal gun portal?
Yes. Just set up some rails leading right up to the portal (there will be a one-meter gap between the end of the rail and the portal because the portal takes up a full block), and carts will go through it just fine. I wouldn't trust trains, though.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
wiki says u can enchant your ars magica spell book. I put mine in a enchanying table and it does nothing?. Is there a way to do it?
The spellbook enchanting? IIRC that has to be done with books and a anvil, but I'll run a test to be sure.

EDIT: Nope, anvil only, it seems. Not even sure it's possible anymore since the only useful enchantment on them has always been soulbound and now there is a spell book that has that by default.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
The spellbook enchanting? IIRC that has to be done with books and a anvil, but I'll run a test to be sure.

EDIT: Nope, anvil only, it seems. Not even sure it's possible anymore since the only useful enchantment on them has always been soulbound and now there is a spell book that has that by default.
How do you get the arcane spell book? There is no recipe in nei for it.

elenoire

Jul 29, 2019
Is stonebound I and stonebound II TiC tools stacks? Is using 2 ardite part on TiC tools gives double the effect of stonebound II?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Is stonebound I and stonebound II TiC tools stacks? Is using 2 ardite part on TiC tools gives double the effect of stonebound II?
Using two parts with stonebound 2 will not give the tool stonebound 4. I think that's what you're asking...

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really appreciate any help.

Basically I want an auto tree farm. Not to get any specific trees or anything, just randomly breeding. Basically I have it set up like this. MFR spawner spawning butterflies > they polinate trees > manually plant trees and harvest myself (fine with this) But the saplings not stacking is quite possibly the most annoying thing in existance. Is there a way to set it up so that if a sapling doesn't stack in a certain number it just gets rid of them WHILE maintaining any new saplings?[DOUBLEPOST=1397478781][/DOUBLEPOST]
Using two parts with stonebound 2 will not give the tool stonebound 4. I think that's what you're asking...

It increases it. Thats why people like full ardite picks.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really appreciate any help.

Basically I want an auto tree farm. Not to get any specific trees or anything, just randomly breeding. Basically I have it set up like this. MFR spawner spawning butterflies > they polinate trees > manually plant trees and harvest myself (fine with this) But the saplings not stacking is quite possibly the most annoying thing in existance. Is there a way to set it up so that if a sapling doesn't stack in a certain number it just gets rid of them WHILE maintaining any new saplings?[DOUBLEPOST=1397478781][/DOUBLEPOST]

It increases it. Thats why people like full ardite picks.
As far as I'm aware, there isn't an automatic solution to this. Have a convenient trash can/recycler/whatever and just dump your stuff frequently. You could theoretically do something with ComputerCraft, but I seriously doubt it'd be worth the time. Give us an Arborist's pipe already Sengir.

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Wither Skeletons and Necrotic bones... so I portal gun'd a few skeleton spawners from the overworld into the nether and set them up into a nice traditional 'blaze' farm trap so now I have more wither skulls than I know what to do with. I have yet to see a single necrotic bone drop. Do they not drop from wither skeletons that are created by a spawner? I've been trying to find a fortress to get some spawned naturally but I haven't had any luck yet.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Wither Skeletons and Necrotic bones... so I portal gun'd a few skeleton spawners from the overworld into the nether and set them up into a nice traditional 'blaze' farm trap so now I have more wither skulls than I know what to do with. I have yet to see a single necrotic bone drop. Do they not drop from wither skeletons that are created by a spawner? I've been trying to find a fortress to get some spawned naturally but I haven't had any luck yet.

How are you killing them? I believe their bones are considered rare loot and therefore only drop for 'players' luckily the MFR is a 'player' so just push your skeles in front of one and voila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
How are you killing them? I believe their bones are considered rare loot and therefore only drop for 'players' luckily the MFR is a 'player' so just push your skeles in front of one and voila

Just good old tc sword with max luck on it. I have no problem at all getting the heads but i'd like to get a heart canister one of these years. Don't have the option for MFR.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Just good old tc sword with max luck on it. I have no problem at all getting the heads but i'd like to get a heart canister one of these years. Don't have the option for MFR.

Your killing them ... By hand? What mod is that from? :D ahem in my experience those canisters are rare as. Which is why I automate and leave it to it. Necrotic bones drop reasonably frequently for me with grinders. Can't suggest much more than patience I'm afraid :(

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
OK, as long as its not something related to the spawners i'll just keep at it. I figured I've gotten 58 heads so far I might of gotten at least 1 bone. Thanks.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
OK, as long as its not something related to the spawners i'll just keep at it. Thanks.

Hmm it may well be that you know. Considering those spawners aren't technically supposed to be there spawning them. Sorry I can't be of much help

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
me fluid crafting chamber where does it go? I figured it went into the same place the cpu's and crafting providers go, but the multi block won't form with it in there.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
mean make a new crafting chamber?
i tried just placing it in the world
and it won't let u put anything in it
I think it needs to be placed next to another AE block or connected to a cable. Here is how Bevo had it setup in his spotlight:

Skip to 9:35