Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't played horizons, but does it have mariculture? If so that has an ore dictionary machine which lets you select the output type without actually having an origonal.

Alas, no mariculture.

Also, it says here that you need one of what you are trying to convert to, so it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
How far can you trick Ars Magica bosses? For example could I just trap a water guardian in a box and kill him from somewhere safe?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Alas, no mariculture.

Also, it says here that you need one of what you are trying to convert to, so it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.
Unfortunate. And that must have changed because I remember cycling through the various types with just a mouse click (and then getting hung up on emasher's stuff for some weird reason)

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! It worked flawlessly (and was very easy to set up, just a matter of clicking the GUI a few times). I'll definitely remember this for other applications and later-game systems, it's really pleasing how easy and clean that method is.

I guess my question now becomes is there another way to do this (still using pneumatic tubes, I'm specifically avoiding Buildcraft pipes)? I'm messing around with this specifically with early-game power generation in mind, and routers take quite a bit of expensive setup (not to mention I have basically zero prior experience with the mod).
If you have your destination inventories all connected to the same block of tube, items should distribute evenly (on average, it's random). You could also use a sorting machine, but that's not really what I'd call a practical early game investment.

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
If you have your destination inventories all connected to the same block of tube, items should distribute evenly (on average, it's random). You could also use a sorting machine, but that's not really what I'd call a practical early game investment.

I can't have them all connected to the same block, since the tubes have to connect to the bottom of the generators. Although I could try having five relays connect to the same tube and have each relay lead to one generator if I can't think of anything else. Hopefully there's something more compact, but I'll go try that out now and report back. (EDIT: The relay idea does work, so there's that possibility. EDIT EDIT: Also works with transposers, forgot I could use them in that situation too. Much cheaper)

A sorting machine won't work, unfortunately. Since I'm only feeding one type of item through it it'll only tag it one color, even if I have that item in multiple columns (I tried that exact thing for a different system).

Last edited:

PhishTV

Jul 29, 2019
When will a modpack's recommended version move up to the latest? What is it based off of? Is it stability?

Thanks!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
When will a modpack's recommended version move up to the latest? What is it based off of? Is it stability?

Thanks!
Yes, in order for the recommended version to be updated the new version has to be deemed completely stable by the pack devs. Most often it will skip many version numbers and it can take quite a while for the recommended to change.

Reactions: PhishTV

PhishTV

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, in order for the recommended version to be updated the new version has to be deemed completely stable by the pack devs. Most often it will skip many version numbers and it can take quite a while for the recommended to change.
Thank you!

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know if there is some bug with minefactory roads? Playing dw20 1.6 and cannot see any speed increase at all. I'd swear they are even a touch slower...

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunate. And that must have changed because I remember cycling through the various types with just a mouse click (and then getting hung up on emasher's stuff for some weird reason)

The wiki is outdated, you are correct.

PhishTV

Jul 29, 2019
How about the difficulty of IC2 recipes in Monster compared to Unleashed? How can one make it similar to unleashed?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How about the difficulty of IC2 recipes in Monster compared to Unleashed? How can one make it similar to unleashed?
What exactly do you mean? You mean the larger differentiation between the different tiers of machinery in IC2e compared to the the old? Or the addition of the hammers and cutters to make plates and wires?

PhishTV

Jul 29, 2019
What exactly do you mean? You mean the larger differentiation between the different tiers of machinery in IC2e compared to the the old? Or the addition of the hammers and cutters to make plates and wires?
Both. I did a bit more research and I see now that, that is just how the newer version of IC2 is. I don't mind the hammers and cutters but I don't seem to like the recipes for IC2 machines. I find they are much harder then old IC2 stuff. I wish they made an easy and hard mode kind of like GT. The only reason it bothers me is because I'm not one that has alot of time to dedicate to gaming. If I did I would not mind the new IC2 but I find it quite difficult now.
Ah well, I will get used to it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Both. I did a bit more research and I see now that, that is just how the newer version of IC2 is. I don't mind the hammers and cutters but I don't seem to like the recipes for IC2 machines. I find they are much harder then old IC2 stuff. I wish they made an easy and hard mode kind of like GT. The only reason it bothers me is because I'm not one that has alot of time to dedicate to gaming. If I did I would not mind the new IC2 but I find it quite difficult now.
I personally plan on automating the IC2 crafting by the use of AE ME network as soon as possible. I also believe there is a machine to later replace the hammer etc which you might want to look into. Should be very possible to automate with ME too.

PhishTV

Jul 29, 2019
I personally plan on automating the IC2 crafting by the use of AE ME network as soon as possible. I also believe there is a machine to later replace the hammer etc which you might want to look into. Should be very possible to automate with ME too.
Sounds good thanks very much!

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I can't have them all connected to the same block, since the tubes have to connect to the bottom of the generators. Although I could try having five relays connect to the same tube and have each relay lead to one generator if I can't think of anything else. Hopefully there's something more compact, but I'll go try that out now and report back. (EDIT: The relay idea does work, so there's that possibility. EDIT EDIT: Also works with transposers, forgot I could use them in that situation too. Much cheaper)

A sorting machine won't work, unfortunately. Since I'm only feeding one type of item through it it'll only tag it one color, even if I have that item in multiple columns (I tried that exact thing for a different system).
There's a mode on the sorting machine that goes column by column that would allow you to tag the same item with different colors, but as I said it's not terribly practical.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Oh, also you should try out the Forestry Worktable for earlier repetitive craftings. Each table can store 8 recipes(recipes can be locked by rightclicking them). Sadly I had some bugs when trying to use them with the IC2 forge hammer. When using the hammer in a craft, the hammer vanished instead of just taking durability. I don't know why because it works just fine with Quartz cutting knifes for ME stuff. But nonetheless the Worktables can be a great time saver for making stuff like copper cables, batteries, electronic circuits etc.