Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jellysnake

Jul 29, 2019
If I had 3 MFSUs outputting power into a Glass Fiber Wire then into a Macerator with two Transformer Upgrades then said Maceerator will not explode right?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
If I had 3 MFSUs outputting power into a Glass Fiber Wire then into a Macerator with two Transformer Upgrades then said Maceerator will not explode right?
What version are you talking about? from 1.5 versions that sounds about right, for the experimental 1.6 stuff it wouldn't be enough, although nothing is set to explode right now.

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

I'm a little tired of looking, and wasn't able to find anything about the subject.

I'm playing DW20's 1.6.4 modpack v.1.0.8 and i tried to make qCraft portals. I allready spent 8 gold blocks trying diferent shapes, and i can't get it to work. When i assemble everything it says ''frame incomplete'' in the quantum computer.
Any thoughts?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,

I'm a little tired of looking, and wasn't able to find anything about the subject.

I'm playing DW20's 1.6.4 modpack v.1.0.8 and i tried to make qCraft portals. I allready spent 8 gold blocks trying diferent shapes, and i can't get it to work. When i assemble everything it says ''frame incomplete'' in the quantum computer.
Any thoughts?
Have you manually updated qCraft? The portals weren't added until qCraft 1.1 and DW20 v1.0.8 is using qCraft 1.02.

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
Have you manually updated qCraft? The portals weren't added until qCraft 1.1 and DW20 v1.0.8 is using qCraft 1.02.

omg... i'm an idiot.... i'm sorry. I saw those portals and was blown away and not even bother to check mod versions. Tks

jellysnake

Jul 29, 2019
What version are you talking about? from 1.5 versions that sounds about right, for the experimental 1.6 stuff it wouldn't be enough, although nothing is set to explode right now.
1.5.2 so it shall be fine!
Also, would there be any advantage to putting three MFSU's onto it. I actually don't have all three going into the Glass Fiber Wire (Yes I lied.) I have them going into a fourth one which is going into the Glass Fiber Cable.

Altareos

Jul 29, 2019
Why are a lot of the BoP biomes disabled in Direwolf20 1.6 ? Isn't the goal of BoP to add a lot of different biomes ?

Jul 29, 2019
Im starting to use AE for the first time, but Im running out of resources a bit too often. Right now I have my ME controller, 1 access terminal, and 8 ME chests with the smallest storage size. I want to add the autocrafting next, but have insufficient resources, especially quartz. So my question is, how do you get enough resources to build all your stuff? (what machines you use, power supply, which mod etc)[DOUBLEPOST=1388591025][/DOUBLEPOST]
This might sound dumb, but I'm new to FTB, how do you manually update.
I believe that when you open the launcher, go to "Options" (one of the larger tabs on the upper part of the screen) and press "Force update?"
The next time you launch the game it should download the latest version of whatever pack you are using.

Reactions: Jamierb03

Altareos

Jul 29, 2019
This might sound dumb, but I'm new to FTB, how do you manually update.
To manually update a mod, you need to download it from the autor directly (search on the Minecraft Forums) and go to Edit Mod Pack on the launcher, then Open Mods Folder and delete the old version. Then you can add the archive of the newer version of the mod.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
^^Use an ME Drive instead of all the ME Chests. With the Access Terminal, you won't need to use the Chests to in-/output items anyway.

As for resources for autocrafting... I guess the key phrase is "dig a lot". You need a bunch of iron and a bunch of quartz, and enough Glowstone to make you cry. Autocrafting can be regarded as an end-game feature. A bunch of mining turtles or a quarry would eventually yield enough resources to craft what's needed, but it will definitely take a while.

Power supply is easy, though. A couple of Generators, an MFE and a couple stacks of coal will keep the system running for a while. In the past, I've used Solar power to power my AE network, but that was in Tekkit Lite, where solar power was quite easy to acquire. Don't know how easy it is to get the equivalent of an LV array in whatever pack you're using.

Jul 29, 2019
^^Use an ME Drive instead of all the ME Chests. With the Access Terminal, you won't need to use the Chests to in-/output items anyway.

As for resources for autocrafting... I guess the key phrase is "dig a lot". You need a bunch of iron and a bunch of quartz, and enough Glowstone to make you cry. Autocrafting can be regarded as an end-game feature. A bunch of mining turtles or a quarry would eventually yield enough resources to craft what's needed, but it will definitely take a while.

Power supply is easy, though. A couple of Generators, an MFE and a couple stacks of coal will keep the system running for a while. In the past, I've used Solar power to power my AE network, but that was in Tekkit Lite, where solar power was quite easy to acquire. Don't know how easy it is to get the equivalent of an LV array in whatever pack you're using.
Im aware of the drive, but I like chests ^^
What im doing now is using a MFR laser drill thing. How can I get it focus Certus Quartz Ore? (Quartz is the main thing im in need of)
As for power, I use a pump in the nether -> fluid transposer-> lava cans to ender chest-> ender chest in base, lava cans taken out into another fluid transposer -> lava for (currently) 16 magma dynamos (1,280 RF/t) -> cans sent back to nether to be refilled (NOTE this is all automatic ^^ )
Sorry, but I hate using coal in generators for power, just too simple, I liked infinite auto insta giga power. :D

Buggy

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of tree are those absolutely MASSIVE trees you see sometimes, 40ish blocks tall and at least 100 blocks wide, with giant oddly shaped trunks(wider near the bottom and canopy than the middle)? I haven't seen any myself, but I've seen a few on DW20's S3 Forgecraft 2 LP.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB Ultimate, is the generation of vanilla ores changed anything from the default (vanilla) settings? I can't seem to find diamonds anywhere, or at least not with the frequency I remember from Vanilla and Tekkit Lite. Gold also seems to be way less common than I remember. Is Lady Luck just screwing with me, or has some mod or another (GregTech being the primary suspect) made diamonds rarer in FTB?

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.4 packs, like Horizons and Monster, when I kill a mob I notice it drops XP orbs and these other little orbs that you can't pick up. What are they? Are they from Thaumcraft? How can I make use of them?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.4 packs, like Horizons and Monster, when I kill a mob I notice it drops XP orbs and these other little orbs that you can't pick up. What are they? Are they from Thaumcraft? How can I make use of them?

Yes they are from Thaumcraft, They are vis that can be absorbed by the wand. From what I've seen you don't need anything special to use them other than a wand that can hold vis.

Reactions: Museli

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB Ultimate, is the generation of vanilla ores changed anything from the default (vanilla) settings? I can't seem to find diamonds anywhere, or at least not with the frequency I remember from Vanilla and Tekkit Lite. Gold also seems to be way less common than I remember. Is Lady Luck just screwing with me, or has some mod or another (GregTech being the primary suspect) made diamonds rarer in FTB?
It's possible some of the diamonds got overwritten by some mod-added ore, but for you to really notice a lack of diamonds means you've hit a run of bad luck. If you want to tweak vanilla world gen poke around the COFH configs.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of tree are those absolutely MASSIVE trees you see sometimes, 40ish blocks tall and at least 100 blocks wide, with giant oddly shaped trunks(wider near the bottom and canopy than the middle)? I haven't seen any myself, but I've seen a few on DW20's S3 Forgecraft 2 LP.
The trees you're referring to are most likely Redwoods added by Natura. If you happen to get your hands on some saplings, it takes a 7x7 grid of them to grow one of the redwoods. They take a long time to grow (usually several minecraft days) and don't respond to bonemeal.

Biomes o' Plenty also adds Redwoods, but they're slightly smaller (5x5 I think?) and can be bonemealed.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Im aware of the drive, but I like chests ^^
What im doing now is using a MFR laser drill thing. How can I get it focus Certus Quartz Ore? (Quartz is the main thing im in need of)
As for power, I use a pump in the nether -> fluid transposer-> lava cans to ender chest-> ender chest in base, lava cans taken out into another fluid transposer -> lava for (currently) 16 magma dynamos (1,280 RF/t) -> cans sent back to nether to be refilled (NOTE this is all automatic ^^ )
Sorry, but I hate using coal in generators for power, just too simple, I liked infinite auto insta giga power. :D
I don't think there is a Certus Quartz Focus, though a white focus will target Nether Quartz if you find yourself missing that.