Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
My launcher shuts down when i join a server on the direwolf20 1.6.4 pack. How do i solve this ?
Probably by posting more info about it here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/tech-support.14/

Be sure to supply more information than "it's broken".

The following is the preferred format:

Operating System, bit type:
Java version/update, bit type:
Launcher version:
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n):
Console log, pastebin.com link:
Description of the problem:

(Optional information if issue involves download problems)
Anti-malware software and/or firewall:
Location you're downloading from (per Launcher's Advanced Options):

sicaxis

Jul 29, 2019
I can't craft an Large Plate Cast in Horizons pack, doesn't even show any recipe. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I can't craft an Large Plate Cast in Horizons pack, doesn't even show any recipe. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Create a Large Plate out of wood/stone/something cheap. Place that in your casting table. Pour out Aluminum Brass (or Gold) and your cast will be made. This process is a little more involved than could easily be communicated by NEI, but I believe it's contained in one of the TiCo handbooks.

merehunt

Jul 29, 2019
Can I have three ender tanks of same color code (2 input and 1 output) or do they only work in pairs? I can't seem to get them to work..

sicaxis

Jul 29, 2019
Create a Large Plate out of wood/stone/something cheap. Place that in your casting table. Pour out Aluminum Brass (or Gold) and your cast will be made. This process is a little more involved than could easily be communicated by NEI, but I believe it's contained in one of the TiCo handbooks.

Doesn't work still. I'm running GT in pack. Is it a possibility that GT is causing trouble?

Thunderz8olt

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hearing something about a cursed earth mob spawner. Whats the design of this mob farm and how do I go about making one?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
First, you need to find an unactivated Activation Sigil, usually from a dungeon/abandoned mineshaft chest.
Second, you need to activate it via a ritual, not spoiling for you. Which the ritual will then turn the nearby surrounding dirt and grass blocks into Cursed Earth.
Important thing to note:
1. No lights. Cursed Earth starts to burn when light level is above a certain level which I'm not too sure what is the limit. The fire started will give off more lights which causes other Cursed Earth to catches fire too. So on and so forth. TL;DR version, no lights, period.
2. Mobs will start spawning on Cursed Earth very soon and very fast. So build a containment area for it before you activate the sigil.
3. Get a Silk Touch shovel to harvest the Cursed Earth.
4. Tip: They spread, so by having 1 kept as backup, you can recreat more of them later when needed.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: un worry and Museli

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hearing something about a cursed earth mob spawner. Whats the design of this mob farm and how do I go about making one?
Cursed earth is complex to make, but full instructions can be found on this page under 'New Blocks - Cursed Earth' in the top post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1776056-164forge-extra-utilities-v102/

I prefer to make the earth a long way from base, then gather some up with a silk touch shovel. Once you have some, just build a room where you like with a cursed earth floor. Make sure it's far enough away from any other dirt blocks if you don't want it to spread - I generally put it on stilts about 5 blocks above the ground, with an MFR grinder in one wall to kill the mobs that the earth generates. If want to replace the MFR grinder with another method of killing the mobs, you can do so.

Reactions: un worry

wzzl

Jul 29, 2019
Coming back to FTB after 6 months I want to play one of the packs that are still updated, but I'm kind of confused. I gathered from the stickies that these are still updated:
magic farm, magic world 2, tech world 2, ftb lite, monster and direwolf.
I used to play mindcrack pack, and I really liked extra bees and I really liked greg tech because it tied everything together making sure nothing was really imbalanced, and because it made the game harder.
Now, I didn't see gregtech in any of the new packs, so what pack would you recommend that is balanced: e.g. gregtech made sure there was no way to use machines cheaty to duplicate rare ores for example, and made sure the cost of machines from different packs were kinda balanced.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can I have three ender tanks of same color code (2 input and 1 output) or do they only work in pairs? I can't seem to get them to work..
Yes you can have as many tanks as you want with the same colour coding. There is no limitation to the tank itself, only the interfaces with the tanks.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
hello!
i'm fairly new to these forums, so i apologize if i post this in a wrong section.

I have a quick question:
In Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack (recommended version) there is the Spool of wire from the Tinkers' Mechworks mod, but it doesn't seem to have a recipe.
Anyone maybe knows a recipe and its just not listed, or it can't be crafted?
Thanks much!
It is not possible to make a filled spool, but you should find recipe for empty one. You put a non-full spool in crafting grid with 1 or more stacks of wire, craft it and it puts 1 wire from each stack in the spool. Repeat process until stacks are empty or spool is full.

Reactions: Museli

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Coming back to FTB after 6 months I want to play one of the packs that are still updated, but I'm kind of confused. I gathered from the stickies that these are still updated:
magic farm, magic world 2, tech world 2, ftb lite, monster and direwolf.
I used to play mindcrack pack, and I really liked extra bees and I really liked greg tech because it tied everything together making sure nothing was really imbalanced, and because it made the game harder.
Now, I didn't see gregtech in any of the new packs, so what pack would you recommend that is balanced: e.g. gregtech made sure there was no way to use machines cheaty to duplicate rare ores for example, and made sure the cost of machines from different packs were kinda balanced.

It seems like none of the official packs in the pipeline at the moment will contain GregTech. However, given that many people seem to like the mod, it's not impossible that it will come to a pack some time next year.

Unhinged is a 1.5 pack with GregTech, but on the flipside it lacks a few mods Ultimate/Unleashed has. If you want a 1.6 pack with GregTech, I suggest adding it in manually, or wait a little.

Now for my question: When a quarry loads chunks, what parts of it determine which chunks will be loaded? Say for instance that the Quarry block itself stands on the very corner of the chunk. If I connect stuff to it (power and item tesseracts), and said stuff ends up being outside the loaded area, what will happen? And if the power source is inside the loaded area, but the item sink is not? Will the items simply be deleted?

I guess the easiest way to overcome this problem is "not placing quarries on chunk corners". Now, is there an easy way to see chunk borders? I guess there is some stuff with Rei's Minimap or something, but I haven't been able to find it. Help would be much appreciated.

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
Now for my question: When a quarry loads chunks, what parts of it determine which chunks will be loaded? Say for instance that the Quarry block itself stands on the very corner of the chunk. If I connect stuff to it (power and item tesseracts), and said stuff ends up being outside the loaded area, what will happen? And if the power source is inside the loaded area, but the item sink is not? Will the items simply be deleted?

I guess the easiest way to overcome this problem is "not placing quarries on chunk corners". Now, is there an easy way to see chunk borders? I guess there is some stuff with Rei's Minimap or something, but I haven't been able to find it. Help would be much appreciated.

I never really tested what happens if you put stuff outside of the loaded chunks because there is an easy way to see chunk boundaries. Press F9 (twice) and you see green and red lines, showing where the boundaries of the chunks are. And yes, I do make sure my power and item sink is both in the same chunk as the quarry :)

I think this feature is added by Chickenbones core, though I could be wrong.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
No, but I have them working on the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack. Is there any particular reason you are asking?
My pack fails to start with advanced solars added, but it's fine otherwise. It's monster plus a few other bits. What version did you drop in?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
First, wildc4rd - crash log - we need it (ID conflict maybe?).
Second, Kyll.ing. - there will be no more packs with GT AFAIK, but it literally takes a few seconds to download and drop it in the mods, especially due to Universal Configs.

And on Quarries - they calculate the chunkloaded areas by measuring the size of the structure (the orange framework) and the computer. It does not chunkload anything connected to it. That's why you need the other things (aka Tesseract and stuff) to be in the chunkloaded area.