Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
I could've sworn there was a mod that had a pipe that allowed you to set a type of ore in the ore dictionary and, when you moved ingots through it, would convert them to that type, but I can't seem to find it.

Does/did such a thing exist and if so which mod had/has it?

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I try to create a good bio mass tree. But i find different sources of information.
1. Only one gene must be different to breed two trees
2. The main species of the tree needs to be different to breed.
which of the two is true?

btw. any trick to find mutated leaves? if the tree has fruits that mature i find myself incapable of finding the mutated leaves.

jaka1988

Jul 29, 2019
hello!
i'm fairly new to these forums, so i apologize if i post this in a wrong section.

I have a quick question:
In Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack (recommended version) there is the Spool of wire from the Tinkers' Mechworks mod, but it doesn't seem to have a recipe.
Anyone maybe knows a recipe and its just not listed, or it can't be crafted?
Thanks much!

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I try to create a good bio mass tree. But i find different sources of information.
1. Only one gene must be different to breed two trees
2. The main species of the tree needs to be different to breed.
which of the two is true?

btw. any trick to find mutated leaves? if the tree has fruits that mature i find myself incapable of finding the mutated leaves.

OK 2 seems to be right. And there are the "Spectacles" you can easy craft that let you see mutated leaves.

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a thaumcraft node sucking everythink next my base, i think its growing.
Do hungry nodes grow up?
If grow up, how to destroy or decrease?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
OK 2 seems to be right. And there are the "Spectacles" you can easy craft that let you see mutated leaves.
A biomass tree has a mix of traits - the high sapling drop from one of the trees (can't remember what), the insane number of apples from apple oak, the fast leave decay from another tree and the high sapiness and high number of leaves from blue mahoe.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I have a thaumcraft node sucking everythink next my base, i think its growing.
Do hungry nodes grow up?
If grow up, how to destroy or decrease?

You can kill it with a pickaxe just be sure not to have anything else on you.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Why does my unupgraded MFR tree harvester insist on destroying my genetically enhanced and decorative trees that are at the nearby arboretum? What part of 3x3 is it not quite getting? If I dare upgrade it, will the lands become barren of all vegetation? Can one actually use this to an advantage by upgrading the planter to several tiers above the harvester?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, are the leaves touching? If so, then he's considering it to be the same tree. Therefore, one can destroy an entire forest if all leaves are connected.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Not even close to touching. I'd have to look but its around a 16 block radius from the harvester, some trees on the edge are left scalped in half.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
the harvester cuts down trees in a wider area than it detects trees for cutting if that makes any sense. There are some builds that take advantage of this like this one where the harvester is activated by a turtle placing oak wood in front, the harvester then gathers the massive jungle trees around it.

xasuma

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing direwolf20 1.6.4 . I updated to the msot recent version (1.08) and my iron tank full of lava dissapeared.
What could this be? Should i rebuild it ? or will it reappear?