Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an alternative or something close to an athame that was in Redpower 2? Maybe a Tinkers Construct technique or is in an upcoming pack, maybe?
Well NanoSaber does almost as much damage and does it to all kinds of mobs.

Agreed. Athame 2-shots endermen, nanosaber 2-shots endermen, so same result.

Athame is useless against other mobs, while a nanosaber 1-hits creepers, spiders and unarmored skeletons 100% of the time... on the non-critical strike. Unarmored zombies and pigmen get 1-hit 50% of the time. Critical strike 1-hits everything except endermen and undead in full enchanted armor.

Nanosaber was often bugged in IC2 classic... not so anymore in IC2 experimental. It's reliable, fashionable and deadly. I've never carried a better weapon :D

Reactions: SpitefulFox

luigimario211

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. Athame 2-shots endermen, nanosaber 2-shots endermen, so same result.

Athame is useless against other mobs, while a nanosaber 1-hits creepers, spiders and unarmored skeletons 100% of the time... on the non-critical strike. Unarmored zombies and pigmen get 1-hit 50% of the time. Critical strike 1-hits everything except endermen and undead in full enchanted armor.

Nanosaber was often bugged in IC2 classic... not so anymore in IC2 experimental. It's reliable, fashionable and deadly. I've never carried a better weapon :D

Ok, I just wanted to build an enderman farm so I can reproduce diamonds. The End is by my side and I just wanted a quick and easy way of doing so. Do Nano Sabers take enchantment books like Soul Stealer?

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

So I'm playing the DW20 1.6.4 pack which has both CC and BC, but I'm wondering what other "relatively early game" automated mining systems exist in this pack besides turtles and quarries? (Since I seem to use those every single world I play). I'd like to try some of the other systems without having to go through the research of the Arcane Bore.

Thanks!

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I thought it would since GraviSuite tools take enchants via the anvil and I thought IC2 tools would act the same way. I'm talking FTB Unleashed by the way.

That's basically the tradeoff.

It kills things dead, but it can't take any enchants (not looting either). If you're just trying to maximize your enderpearl income, get a sword of the zephyr (Thaumcraft) and put Repair, Looting and Sharpness on it. One swing will hit all endermen in a group.

luigimario211

Jul 29, 2019
Either that, or a really, REALLY maxed up TiC sword.

No, I'm trying to earn a tier 5 SoulShard spawner without it taking forever.

Tinkers Construct doesn't have very powerful modifiers even with manyullun and sharpness.

Thaumcraft is a very tedious process just to reach the Sword of the Zephr.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you're screwed. Use Dartcraft and hit them first with the TiC sword and shortly after that with the DartCraft sword. It's hard, to be honest. Really hard.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That's basically the tradeoff.

It kills things dead, but it can't take any enchants (not looting either). If you're just trying to maximize your enderpearl income, get a sword of the zephyr (Thaumcraft) and put Repair, Looting and Sharpness on it. One swing will hit all endermen in a group.
Sword of the zephyr also take Soul stealer in Unleashed and makes farming a level 5 soul shard really easy. But if you are purely after endermen, then dont put fire aspect on the sword, since the fire dot seem to make them teleport away. But even with it, its easy enough to kill endermen since they tend to come back at you :p[DOUBLEPOST=1387203171][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thaumcraft is a very tedious process just to reach the Sword of the Zephr.
I usually find a couple swords just from exploring dungeons etc before even starting Thaumcraft. Try making a mystcraft age with Extreme hills and Plains. Should net tons of obsidian circles and dungeons for easy loot.

Early game I make myself a nanosaber and use it until I get a Sword of the zephyr and the enchants to go with it. Then, despite the lower base damage, I drop the nanosaber and use the fully enchanted zephyr for the rest of the game. Aoe, looting, soul stealer, and endless durability(repair+unbreaking) is just way too powerful to not embrace. Who doesnt enjoy plunging head first into a huge mob of monsters and hearing that aoe wooosh go off and seeing all the loot on the floor :p

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
In Pam's Harvestcraft, does the biome matter for crop growth? Does it matter in vanilla or with any of the other mods in Magic Farm 2? I set up in a water-bound village, but it turns out that half of it is in a desert. Crops are really slow, but I don't know if that is normal in this pack or if it's the desert.

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
Hey All,

So I'm playing the DW20 1.6.4 pack which has both CC and BC, but I'm wondering what other "relatively early game" automated mining systems exist in this pack besides turtles and quarries? (Since I seem to use those every single world I play). I'd like to try some of the other systems without having to go through the research of the Arcane Bore.

Thanks!
If you have enough resources like iron, gold and redstone, then you can set up a Steve's Carts mining cart. They are relatively inexpensive and as long as you craft the cargo manager to go along with it, the cart should be self sufficient. All you need is to keep coal in the cargo manager and have a coal engine on your cart and you're good to go. I use this method all the time.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
And another question about the new IC2 (Direwolf20 pack):
I need an Electric Jetpack to craft the Quantum chest piece, does this mean it's now possible to fly with it? If so, what's the key to active flight (what is it called in the control settings)?

Last edited:

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The quantum suit hasn't changed in any way. You cannot fly with it.

However, as most things in IC2 Experimental, this may very well be a work in progress, pending future changes.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
That sucks then!
Since the advanced nano and the gravi chest piece aren't in anymore (well, no gravitation suite in the pack), there's no good jetpack that also provides armor points left. :(

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
I was checking controls on the new ic2 and there is a ic2 mode switch, I tried it on quantum, and it activated a jet pack which allowed me to fly, and I also happened to turn on hover mode which is really slow and it's great for building.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, it works now? Neat. This must have been added in a more recent build then (I am stuck on #298 for the time being).

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
That sucks then!
Since the advanced nano and the gravi chest piece aren't in anymore (well, no gravitation suite in the pack), there's no good jetpack that also provides armor points left. :(
Sure there is. You need to make yourself a tinker table and power armor from MPS. It gives great armor and flight ability.