Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DeathHalo00

Jul 29, 2019
I cant seem to find the right thread for my question, IF it exists but.... where would i go to suggest a MOD PACK to be made? Not just discussing what mods should be introduced and/or created, i mean a whole PACK. :\ Cause i had a brilliant idea.... just dont know where to put it and i dont know how to go about doing a modpack or id do it myself...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I cant seem to find the right thread for my question, IF it exists but.... where would i go to suggest a MOD PACK to be made? Not just discussing what mods should be introduced and/or created, i mean a whole PACK. :\ Cause i had a brilliant idea.... just dont know where to put it and i dont know how to go about doing a modpack or id do it myself...
Well, thats a good question. Really dont think that there are any specific area to post feedback on modpacks. Only really seen the suggest mods thread. Think you either have to make one yourself and hope someone in position to do anything about it notices it. Or you have to try on reddit or something. Think there might be a better chance there, but not a user of it myself so not sure. Kinda supriced that there were never any posts for user ideas/feedback on the contents on the new packs here on the forum, so also think that might have been limited to reddit.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason you should not build with Seared Bricks from TiC? I notice that Rednet cable attaches to it, does it cause lag to build with it? (other blocks used in multiblock structures are sometimes bad to build with...)

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Garden biomes are kinda weird. I haven't done a lot of testing with them, but the grass there does not behave like normal grass. Bees do not spread flowers on it and trees do not seem to grow when placed on it. You might be able to pollinate/grow trees there if you bring in normal dirt, but make sure to isolate it so you don't end up with the non productive stuff.
I know that at least magic and force trees won't grow there and it now also looks like bees don't pollinate trees there. In other words: I really wouldn't recommend building there if you want to use bees but don't want to replace the ground with the usual grass.

Another question about IC2 in the new 1.6.4 Direwolf20 pack:
I know that they changed the cables, so now tin transfers up to 32EU/t and copper uses 128EU/t (Gold: 512 and glass fibre 2048 or 8196, I think) but what about the loss rate? Is it still: Tin/Glass fibre: 1EU/t every 40 blocks; Copper: 1EU/t every 5 blocks; Gold: 1EU/t every 2 blocks? Unfortunately the wikis haven't been updated yet. :/

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any reason you should not build with Seared Bricks from TiC? I notice that Rednet cable attaches to it, does it cause lag to build with it? (other blocks used in multiblock structures are sometimes bad to build with...)
As far as I understand it, it's the controller that has the multi-block coding. As it's the only one that you can click on for an interface.

(As an aside, Rednet cable connects to every mod block that I've put it next to so far)[DOUBLEPOST=1387154544][/DOUBLEPOST]Question:
What are the throughput limits on the new tesseracts in TE3?

And

How much power do Reactor turbines from atomic science produce?

Reactions: zorn

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I know that they changed the cables, so now tin transfers up to 32EU/t and copper uses 128EU/t (Gold: 512 and glass fibre 2048 or 8196, I think) but what about the loss rate? Is it still: Tin/Glass fibre: 1EU/t every 40 blocks; Copper: 1EU/t every 5 blocks; Gold: 1EU/t every 2 blocks? Unfortunately the wikis haven't been updated yet. :/

I've been told that there is no loss rate at the moment and that the only thing you need to worry about is the total capacity of the cable.

BigDirty

Jul 29, 2019
having a problem with thaumcraft 3 for 1.5.2 lead copper silver and tin have no thauminomicon recipe im using ftb unleashed with a few extra mods please help this is making me crazy!!!!

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
having a problem with thaumcraft 3 for 1.5.2 lead copper silver and tin have no thauminomicon recipe im using ftb unleashed with a few extra mods please help this is making me crazy!!!!
Have you researched them yet? It's been a while since I completed my Thauminomicon research, but I seem to remember those not showing up until after I had researched them. I can 100% confirm their presence in Unleashed, though.

BigDirty

Jul 29, 2019
Have you researched them yet? It's been a while since I completed my Thauminomicon research, but I seem to remember those not showing up until after I had researched them. I can 100% confirm their presence in Unleashed, though.
yes i have them researched, but the right side of the page where the crucible resipie should be,it is blank. i have googled this and only found others with the same problem but no solution yet

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
yes i have them researched, but the right side of the page where the crucible resipie should be,it is blank. i have googled this and only found others with the same problem but no solution yet
When you say blank, do you mean absolutely blank? There isn't a recipe per se, just a few aspects (like tallow or nitor), so there's not much to look at. The appropriate info is definitely there in my Unleashed thauminomicon using default configs/mods. The only thing I can think of is maybe one of those extra mods possibly causing a problem.

Reactions: ThePixie35

BigDirty

Jul 29, 2019
When you say blank, do you mean absolutely blank? There isn't a recipe per se, just a few aspects (like tallow or nitor), so there's not much to look at. The appropriate info is definitely there in my Unleashed thauminomicon using default configs/mods. The only thing I can think of is maybe one of those extra mods possibly causing a problem.
yes on the left where it says "you have learned the secret of making lead(or whatever) from essence." that is fine but on the right page where it should have the graphic for the crucible with the recipe above it there is nothing. other mods are magical crops ,ars magica jammys furniture, camping mod and a few other small ones

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I've been told that there is no loss rate at the moment and that the only thing you need to worry about is the total capacity of the cable.
No loss rate in the cables? Did Greg get wind of it? lol

Not even cable capacity. Nothing is checked. You can transport 8k EU/t with uninsulated tin cable over any distance with no loss and stand on it without getting electrocuted to death at the moment. And if you're playing on build 303 or higher, machines don't explode from too much power either.

Reason: the e-net is unfinished. What you're seeing here is a basic rig-up so people can actually play and test the rest of the mod, and addons that depend on it can continue to function. It is in no way, shape or form representative of the intended final implementation. (I honestly wish they'd get around to it already instead of adding new blocks...)

Known issue with ore dictionary implementation in TC3 and later Forge versions of 1.5.2. No fix exists, at the time this cropped up TC3 was already out of developement and TC4 under construction.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Not even cable capacity. Nothing is checked. You can transport 8k EU/t with uninsulated tin cable over any distance with no loss and stand on it without getting electrocuted to death at the moment. And if you're playing on build 303 or higher, machines don't explode from too much power either.

Reason: the e-net is unfinished. What you're seeing here is a basic rig-up so people can actually play and test the rest of the mod, and addons that depend on it can continue to function. It is in no way, shape or form representative of the intended final implementation. (I honestly wish they'd get around to it already instead of adding new blocks...)
That's interesting, thanks. I'm still going to use the right cable type then, I just hope I won't have to redo the whole thing later because they add weird loss distances.
It's the Direwolf20 1.6.4 pack. I don't know which build is included.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
I understand what you're asking. Yes, you can set an export bus onto a pattern encoder to keep it stocked with blank patterns, but there is no way to automate the creation of patterns on said chips. That must be done manually. I also tried to use basic, precision and fuzzy import buses to try and auto-insert the encoded patterns into the crafting computer with no luck. I even tried the transvector interface from Thaumic Tinkerer with zero success.

This is strange, I am finding the opposite. I have no problem with it auto pulling patterns out of the encoder and then inserting them into my Molecular Assembly Chamber. What I can't do is fill the Encoder with more blank patters. Has anyone else had this problem?

Gavin

luigimario211

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an alternative or something close to an athame that was in Redpower 2? Maybe a Tinkers Construct technique or is in an upcoming pack, maybe?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there an alternative or something close to an athame that was in Redpower 2? Maybe a Tinkers Construct technique or is in an upcoming pack, maybe?
Well NanoSaber does almost as much damage and does it to all kinds of mobs.

Reactions: Omicron