Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If it works anything like Ars 1, you should be able to cast Growth in a desert to get the novas to grow.

I think Aums will grow naturally near witchwood trees, but don't quote me on that. >_>
The grow spell is a no go. Can't get it to work on sand at all :/

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
The grow spell is a no go. Can't get it to work on sand at all :/

Judging from the MCF thread, it looks like that feature didn't survive into AM2. I guess it's either on his todo list or he honestly expects people to scour the world for those. Yaaaaay for WIP mods. :confused:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Judging from the MCF thread, it looks like that feature didn't survive into AM2. I guess it's either on his todo list or he honestly expects people to scour the world for those. Yaaaaay for WIP mods. :confused:
Here's to hoping that Bees can come to our rescue

I've noticed there's bees that produce ars magica items as specialities in Binnie's core that have "Exotic flowers" as their required flower. I think this is an ars magica flower, so.. I'm hoping that they'll also be able to make them spread.. I don't have enough time to test this out on my creative test world though..

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, I am sure I used to be able to shift click a recipe from NEI into the ME Pattern Encoder and create a plan for it without having to manually input the items.

Has this changed or am I just doing something stupid?

Any help is appreciated.

Gavin

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, I am sure I used to be able to shift click a recipe from NEI into the ME Pattern Encoder and create a plan for it without having to manually input the items.

Has this changed or am I just doing something stupid?

Any help is appreciated.

Gavin
DW mentioned that its an addon/plugin for NEI. I dont think it updated to 1.6

Reactions: Infallible83

Mikeyhun

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!

So with the changes in TE energy i was wondering what's the best way to power the good old BC quarry?
1. liquid high pressure boiler(railcraft) with fuel(BC) and steam dynamos(TE)
or
2. fuel with compression engines?

both engines output 40 RF/t that's converted to 4 MJ/t by TE's energy conduits. (if i know right 10RF = 1MJ)

I don't want to use energy converter mods or anything just the plain 1.6.4 DW pack.
So which method should i use or is there more solutions?

(Quarry will be in mystcraft age and i need tesseract for that, reallocating boiler is a no go)

A bonus questions: 3.How much steam does the steam dynamo eats/tick?
4. is there any way of storing MJ?

Thank you for the help

Last edited:

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that the version of the Direwolf20 1.6.4 modpack is getting updated on a regular basis, but the mods are not. A lot of them are older builds. Do you guys update the mods on a regular basis as well or do I have to do that myself?

dprkforum

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the Mapwriter waypoints do not save. So there I was in the TF in the middle of nowhere and had to teleport back. :( Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong? Other than teleporting, of course.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
I noticed the Mapwriter waypoints do not save. So there I was in the TF in the middle of nowhere and had to teleport back. :( Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong? Other than teleporting, of course.
You must have spun your mousewheel in the wrong spot. The waypoints are all saved and viewable under different modes (all, none, deaths, or other various custom group names).

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!

So with the changes in TE energy i was wondering what's the best way to power the good old BC quarry?
1. liquid high pressure boiler(railcraft) with fuel(BC) and steam dynamos(TE)
or
2. fuel with compression engines?

both engines output 40 RF/t that's converted to 4 MJ/t by TE's energy conduits. (if i know right 10RF = 1MJ)

I don't want to use energy converter mods or anything just the plain 1.6.4 DW pack.
So which method should i use or is there more solutions?

(Quarry will be in mystcraft age and i need tesseract for that, reallocating boiler is a no go)

A bonus questions: 3.How much steam does the steam dynamo eats/tick?
4. is there any way of storing MJ?

Thank you for the help
Steam dynamos are equivalent to commercial steam engines, so it's one dynamo per HP boiler block.

You don't need to worry about storing MJ, because you can store RF and RF can be fed directly into MJ consumers and be auto-converted int MJ by the output conduit.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
OK, Another AE question from me.

Does anyone know if it is possible to auto input blank patterns into the Pattern Encoder?

I would like to be able to automate pattern creation so that I can just tell it what I want to be able to craft and it will pull the completed pattern out and then refill with another empty pattern.

I have managed to pull from the Encoder but I cannot seem to achieve exporting to it.

Any ideas?

Gavin

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019

Does anyone know if it is possible to auto input blank patterns into the Pattern Encoder?

I would like to be able to automate pattern creation so that I can just tell it what I want to be able to craft and it will pull the completed pattern out and then refill with another empty pattern.

I have managed to pull from the Encoder but I cannot seem to achieve exporting to it.

Any ideas?

Gavin
I'm almost entirely certain the encoding of patterns is a manual process. You *can* shift-click recipes from NEI into the encoder if you have NEI Addons (or was it NEI Plugins? I always get the two confused), which means you don't have to have the materials on hand.

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019

Any ideas?

Gavin
I understand what you're asking. Yes, you can set an export bus onto a pattern encoder to keep it stocked with blank patterns, but there is no way to automate the creation of patterns on said chips. That must be done manually. I also tried to use basic, precision and fuzzy import buses to try and auto-insert the encoded patterns into the crafting computer with no luck. I even tried the transvector interface from Thaumic Tinkerer with zero success.