Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in direwolf20 1.6.4, and I need to make a mining age using mystcraft, what pages would make no lava and no water in the age?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I have a question about the 1.6 dw20 pack, if i have a boiler going, what will be the best way to power a quarrie? Can i use some dynamos that use steam and place these in a tesseract like we used to, or does it work sleightly different?

Cheers.

You can send power to the tesseract but in order for that power to reach the quarry there must be a piece of conduit between the quarry and tesseract. Additionally you must pipe the items to a tesseract rather than connect it directly now, IIRC.

Pascal van Ratingen

Jul 29, 2019
You can send power to the tesseract but in order for that power to reach the quarry there must be a piece of conduit between the quarry and tesseract. Additionally you must pipe the items to a tesseract rather than connect it directly now, IIRC.

Thanks, mutch appriciated :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Items are ok for a quarry to automatically input because it can recognise the tesseract as a form of an inventory

So my quarry set up currently is two pieces of conduit, and the tesseract and quarry.

Reactions: Museli and Hoff

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Items are ok for a quarry to automatically input because it can recognise the tesseract as a form of an inventory

So my quarry set up currently is two pieces of conduit, and the tesseract and quarry.

Duly noted.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any block I can use to make it snow? And Im talking actually snowing, not just like how terraformers make snow appear on the ground.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm...
No. You could try making Snow Golems walk on somewhere, but that would create snow, but not make it snow. You could use a rainmaker in a snowy biome, though.

BrandonA

Jul 29, 2019
I may be missing something, but i just started playing horizons but i cannot get the annoying highlight tips to turn off, like i really wanna know every time i highlight a block of dirt? i tried going to the hidden/shown menu in the nei options but it wont hide it. help?

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
I may be missing something, but i just started playing horizons but i cannot get the annoying highlight tips to turn off, like i really wanna know every time i highlight a block of dirt? i tried going to the hidden/shown menu in the nei options but it wont hide it. help?
In the ftb launcher select your modpack, go to edit modpack. Find Waila and click on it, and click disable. If you have it disabled with highlight tips you won't see the highlights on blocks anymore. Hope I helped.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
If you're talking about WAILA tooltips, the default keybind to toggle them is 1 on the numpad.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to farm Ars Magica 2 flowers? (more so the rare ones like Aum and desert Nova)

If it works anything like Ars 1, you should be able to cast Growth in a desert to get the novas to grow.

I think Aums will grow naturally near witchwood trees, but don't quote me on that. >_>

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If it works anything like Ars 1, you should be able to cast Growth in a desert to get the novas to grow.

I think Aums will grow naturally near witchwood trees, but don't quote me on that. >_>
Interesting on the first one, shall try that in creative
Whilst for the second one, what you're meaning is, just plant a witchwood and Aum's will grow over time near it?
Or bonemealing near a witchwood tree produces Aums?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting on the first one, shall try that in creative
Whilst for the second one, what you're meaning is, just plant a witchwood and Aum's will grow over time near it?
Or bonemealing near a witchwood tree produces Aums?

According to the Arcane Compendium, they'll grow near a witchwood tree over time. I haven't tested it personally, though. It also says that you need a nearby pool of liquid essence in order for witchwood saplings to grow.