Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about the laser made gates.

I'm currently setting up a nice large automated bee system but I'd like to know how I can set gates up to only allow items into a machine if the machine has space for said item.
Like for example my bee DNA squisher. I have all my extra bees going into an indexer, and then that is hooked up to a wooden pipe attached to my genepool. What gate would I use and what setting so that it will only pull bees out if the genepool can accept them/has space for them?

Furthermore, how could I set up a system to auto fill my bee box's with frames? I am making more then enough frames with my auto seed/tree farm making sticks into an auto crafter making frames... but how with gates and a set up could I have it send stuff out if the alv's have a feee space for a frame?

....one last thing, is there anyway to tell a pipe network that -only any kind of comb- should go down X path? I've had to do some insain creative means to only get the combs to go down into my centrifuges and am hoping thered be an easier way to do it. The bee pipes sadly have no option for -just- combs...

eric167

Jul 29, 2019

I'm currently setting up a nice large automated bee system but I'd like to know how I can set gates up to only allow items into a machine if the machine has space for said item.
Like for example my bee DNA squisher. I have all my extra bees going into an indexer, and then that is hooked up to a wooden pipe attached to my genepool. What gate would I use and what setting so that it will only pull bees out if the genepool can accept them/has space for them?

Furthermore, how could I set up a system to auto fill my bee box's with frames? I am making more then enough frames with my auto seed/tree farm making sticks into an auto crafter making frames... but how with gates and a set up could I have it send stuff out if the alv's have a feee space for a frame?

....one last thing, is there anyway to tell a pipe network that -only any kind of comb- should go down X path? I've had to do some insain creative means to only get the combs to go down into my centrifuges and am hoping thered be an easier way to do it. The bee pipes sadly have no option for -just- combs...

1: you need two pipes and gates.
space in inventory- pipe signal - autoarchic pulse.
have another few pipes run from the gate next to the genepool and run it back into the chest for overflow.

2: factorization router.
set up a line of chests between alvearies, then tell the router to only look at alvearies.
have it draw from a pipe (same setup as above) running to a chest w/ all the frames.
make sure to have overflow protection-you cant ue single pulse because if multiple frames break at once, it gets stuck. the router will spew items once everythings full.
3: if you want just the combs, apiarists pipe set for items (which should only be bee products) , then a regular diamond pipe to seperate combs from other products.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019

I'd use hoppers. In 1.5 just put hopper between indexer and genepool. In previous versions I'd connect gate to BC hopper placed on genepool and tell it to only pull if hopper inventory is empty. This way you should avoid overflow problems. However you really don't need much dna, so I don't store drones in indexer, just route all extra bees through genepool (3 connections to pipe network, so when there is space 7/8th of bees will go there) and then to void pipe.
For it to work with gates you would need some buffer inventory and a hopper. I would however go with RC item unloaders to keep a couple of frames near each alvearies and hoppers to insert them, or just put it in transfer mode, so it will fill internal inventory and let the cart go further to next alvearies.

I don't think so. I just filter out all of non combs and bees before centrifuging.

Of course you can use AE, but it is boring.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
In Ultimate I loaded frames into alvearies with Thaumcraft golems. They wait patiently for space in an inventory to appear and they looked cute.

Vanilla hoppers are indeed the best things ever. You could put a buffer chest over the hopper, and when the buffer is empty send a signal requesting more frames. Or just use AE.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Logistics Pipes: what do the settings on the Provider Pipe do? I want to send carrots and seeds from my MFR Harvester to the Planter, keeping 1 stack in the Planter and sending everything else into storage.

I have a chest attached to the Harvester, and a Provider Pipe. Planter has a Supplier Pipe set to supply 1 stack of seeds and 1 stack of carrots. Enderchest has a Supplier Pipe set with 1 seed, 1 wheat, 1 cotton, and 1 carrot. I currently have the Provider Pipe set to "Leave 1 item per type", but nothing is going to the Enderchest. Any ideas?[DOUBLEPOST=1377971616][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not with the current launcher, but the new launcher will be able to do that. It should be out fairly soon, I hear.

Sorry for quoting the whole thing, am using my phone and deleting is awkward. Is the harvester putting the stuff in the chest? And you have the provider pipe on the chest? Do all your pipes have enough power? (Four green little square dots). Are the sections of pipe which connect to the inventory red and the section connecting to the rest of the pipes green? Is this an isolated section of your l.p. system, and if so, do you have inventory connectors to connect it up to the rest of your system (this is just in case you haven't done that, if it's a little isolated system then it will need another power junction, but if it's connected via pipes or an inventory connector and something like a tesseract, then it doesn't need a separate one).

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make a Netherrack Large Plate?
Same way you make any other tool part that isn't metal

Get a wooden pattern, craft it into the Large plate pattern using the pattern desk thing (Can't remember the name at the moment) and then put that into the part maker, and put 8 netherrack in with it because it costs 8 as stated on the pattern.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone explain to me how's matter fabricator power input on the latest GT?

Wiki said it can take 8192eu/p on each side? Is it true?

Furfurfur2001

Jul 29, 2019

I don't know, since i never get that far
All i say is, TEST IT!
Can people start a flame war over asking something about Greg himself

Reactions: dgdas9

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to export an item using AE (or anything really) out of a steam boiler like... an empty Fuel Can? You can use Fuel Cans from IC2 in solid fueled fireboxes, (yes, solid) but the can sits in the fuel spot when empty, you have to put new cans in by hand.

Using an export bus you can put fuel cans into the queue, and it will fire up, but I cant get the cans back out. Im thinking its impossible.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to export an item using AE (or anything really) out of a steam boiler like... an empty Fuel Can? You can use Fuel Cans from IC2 in solid fueled fireboxes, (yes, solid) but the can sits in the fuel spot when empty, you have to put new cans in by hand.

Using an export bus you can put fuel cans into the queue, and it will fire up, but I cant get the cans back out. Im thinking its impossible.

Have you tried import buses, else emerald transport pipe set to empty cans?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i tried import buses. Ill try the emerald pipe, nice idea.

Side note: is there any benefit to crafting sugar cane into plant balls, before putting them into a fermenter, or for that matter, compressed plant balls? Seems if you are going to put compressed plant balls into a fermenter, it will increase the output somehow? Realy trying to convert sugar cane into biofuel, but the MFR bio generator doesnt accept sugar cane, so im going to have to build a lot of forestry machines to transfer sugar cane into biofuel, i guess.

The fuel can is the only way to bypass foresty and make biofuel. Turn sugarcane into plant balls, then into biocells... then extract that into a biofuel cell.. which is an odd thing to require, and then you can use a canning machine to move the biofuel cells into fuel cans, which can go into steam boilers. Biofuel cells cant go into boilers, and there is apparently no way without forestry to turn sugar cane into biofuel - other than those cells or fuel cans.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
The big issue with the pipes is my pure bees are making a lot of shards, far to many to sort through unless I set several diamond pipes. Is there really no way to say 'all of this kind of item, go here'? Like all comb types, go one way, all nuggets go another, all shards from pure bees go another, instead of hoping your not missing an item that can end up back clogging the whole system?

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
The big issue with the pipes is my pure bees are making a lot of shards, far to many to sort through unless I set several diamond pipes. Is there really no way to say 'all of this kind of item, go here'? Like all comb types, go one way, all nuggets go another, all shards from pure bees go another, instead of hoping your not missing an item that can end up back clogging the whole system?

I think a normal diamond pipe should filter all combs or all nuggets not just a specific type. If not try a fuzzy import bus?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
How do you make a Netherrack Large Plate?

Same way you make any other non-metal tool component. The thing with Large Plates and other T2 components is that they require more than a single piece of material to craft. Mouse over the Large Plate template to see how many pieces of netherrack you'll need to make it. Just placing one netherrack into the part table won't work.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
I think a normal diamond pipe should filter all combs or all nuggets not just a specific type. If not try a fuzzy import bus?
From what I've seen, if I put in one comb, on,ly that one type of comb will go through, other comb types get spat out. I have to put in every single type of comb into it. Same with shards, and sense theres one shard for every element... and a LOT of elements... thats a lot of pipes.

ME cables confuse the bajebus out of me and I can't make heads or tails out of them, I use the me chests and the storage things and thats it... I did mess with them in creative but couldn't really sort them out, and even then the item sorting still seems to only allow passage of the one item, and not all of that item type... ie rock comb, instead of all combs.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

It can accept up to 8192 EU/p - that's packet size, not power.

It can accept an infinite amount of EU/t - that's power - from any side you wish. sso long as you stay within the packet size limit.

However, no matter how much power you feed it, it will only produce UU-matter at a rate of 8192 EU/t drawn from its internal buffer. You can fill the buffer as fast as you want, but the machine will never produce faster than that.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there any way to export an item using AE (or anything really) out of a steam boiler like... an empty Fuel Can?
Router?
Does anyone happen to know the range of the ExtraUtilities Ender-Thermic Pump?
I'll let you know when mine stops working!:) I think it's reached out about 30 blocks so far but I haven't measured it. I might make a creative copy of my world tonight and fill a huge steel tank just to see.
However, no matter how much power you feed it, it will only produce UU-matter at a rate of 8192 EU/t drawn from its internal buffer. You can fill the buffer as fast as you want, but the machine will never produce faster than that.
Interesting, I've heard people say "why would you want more than one matter fab, just feed it more power". Clearly that is not correct.