Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Can you give me a link?

https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/official-ftb-pack-suggestions-thread.140018/

If you offered to do it yourself? If so, I do it badly, do not understand thaumcraft, botania, mekanism, rf tools. And in FTB you know it's all in the source code and use it. They're better. to play someone else's build is more interesting than mine. Translated by Yandex translator

I apologize. I didn't realize you were reading with a translator. I'm only passable with Thaumcraft and RF Tools, though. I'm kind of curious what your idea for them is.

N

NVaYaD

"How do you like the idea of using the resizing-potion mod? I do not think that now there is an Assembly in which it would look good, but you can do a separate Assembly (FTB Guliver?). To change the size of the player and mobs, such a there is still nowhere. I think if you do well, then all is well so will go."

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
if u want something more automatic(also not needing to afk in a certain tiny spot) u could try a build with a resourceful furnace cooking stuff (the build would just need to get a way to not need external item inputs, maybe a cobble gen?or a sand gen would cover that part)
Heh, I though you misread the question and then I have noticed that resourceful furnace really creates Essentia as a sideproduct. Whoah

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
How do I use Wrath Nodes from Reliquary? I assumed they were kind of like Travel Anchor EnderIO, but no matter how I shift-clicked wit the Ender Wand, I could not teleport to them.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: I went into their Discord channel and got my answer directly from the modpack developer: Titan and Kappa modes will be released when they are ready to be released, that's the official statement. The unofficial opinions I received in the chat is that neither mode is anywhere near close to being finished yet. No idea how long it will be, but it will not be anytime soon. That's just the way it is, I don't want to criticize anyone, after all, modpack developers aren't exactly getting rich for all their hard work. So all we can do is wait I guess. At least I got my answers.
------------
I know it's not an FTB pack... but good grief... how long does it take to release the Kappa mode for Ozone 3?
It's like a cruel tease to have to sit and wait for weeks before we play it. I put so much time and effort into a pack when I play it, that's why I won't play the regular basic mode just to "learn the pack". I'm not gonna play the modpack twice. Does anybody know how close they are, when it will be released?

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Is there a way to get a breakdown of what entities are in an area (such as '30 chickens, 875 spiders, 2 horses, etc.)?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
BoP doesn't have any 2x2 trees. (You may be confused with Extra Biomes from mc v1.6 and prior)

BoP does have 'plus' shaped big firs, but I'm not sure if those grow either...

Or Natura. I think Natura firs are 2x2

wrightrj

Jul 21, 2013
BoP doesn't have any 2x2 trees. (You may be confused with Extra Biomes from mc v1.6 and prior)

BoP does have 'plus' shaped big firs, but I'm not sure if those grow either...
Or Natura. I think Natura firs are 2x2

Odd, the Fir trees I found in game were all 2x2 trees for the most part, and the Biomes O' Plenty wiki shows the trees as 2x2, so do they just spawn as 2x2 but can't be grown in 2x2?

EDIT: Nevermind, you guys are right. https://i.imgur.com/vEQGT7j.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
THERE ARE NO DIAMONDS IN MY WORLD!!! lol

This is a lie, I'm the only one on the server who hasn't found one yet. I am using a custom map, so it's probably normal that they're rare there, but I also cannot find them in the Aroma mining world or the nether, with nether ores and netherex installed. Do diamonds spawn in the nether naturally? Do they spawn in the Aroma mining world? What am I doing wrong?? lol

Edit: I've gone through 35 unenchanted iron pickaxes in the 5-11 range between all three dimensions.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Can you power a block with an insulated redstone conduit from ender io? As in, you run the conduit into the block, set the conduit to out put a strong signal, and a piece of redstone dust on the other side of the block would be powered. I thought you could, but I haven't been able to make it work in my world (Infinity Evolved, 1.7.10)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can you power a block with an insulated redstone conduit from ender io? As in, you run the conduit into the block, set the conduit to out put a strong signal, and a piece of redstone dust on the other side of the block would be powered. I thought you could, but I haven't been able to make it work in my world (Infinity Evolved, 1.7.10)
There should be an option to enable Strong signal in the conduits UI. You can also just have the conduit IN the block and slap a facade on it. then the conduit would connect directly to the redstone dust.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
There should be an option to enable Strong signal in the conduits UI. You can also just have the conduit IN the block and slap a facade on it. then the conduit would connect directly to the redstone dust.

Yes, it will transfer a signal to redstone dust, but can it power a block? If you point a repeater into a block of cobblestone and put dust on the other side, the dust will light up when the repeater is powered. It seems to me like there is a way to do this with the conduit, but I'm not figuring out such a setup. I figured just checking the strong signal box would do it, but that alone doesn't seem to be doing it. I set up a mob spawner earlier with embedded lamps between the levels, and I had hoped to just loop the signal through the lamps to continue the signal. But for now I've just routed loops around each lamp to keep it going.

I'm not sure if it's a question of the version, but maybe that's something I did in 1.10 or something and it just doesn't work that way in 1.7.10? I suppose I could be mis-remembering it and I never did it in any version.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes, it will transfer a signal to redstone dust, but can it power a block? If you point a repeater into a block of cobblestone and put dust on the other side, the dust will light up when the repeater is powered. It seems to me like there is a way to do this with the conduit, but I'm not figuring out such a setup. I figured just checking the strong signal box would do it, but that alone doesn't seem to be doing it. I set up a mob spawner earlier with embedded lamps between the levels, and I had hoped to just loop the signal through the lamps to continue the signal. But for now I've just routed loops around each lamp to keep it going.

I'm not sure if it's a question of the version, but maybe that's something I did in 1.10 or something and it just doesn't work that way in 1.7.10? I suppose I could be mis-remembering it and I never did it in any version.
Maybe the lamps do not propagate the signal? Have you tried the strong setting with a regular block?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Yeah, I tried fiddling with cobblestone for a bit without success bc I wondered the same thing. I suppose I could look to another mod for a wall-mounted repeater-ish item. That would stink not hiding it in a facade though.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I don't have a full list, but I'm pretty sure the best armor in that mod pack is the draconic armor from Draconic Evolution. It's been a few years, but iirc, I went from diamond armor straight to the DE armors. I didn't look too heavily into the options at the time, so I may have skipped a few tiers between.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Might as well just change the FTB name to "Feed The Bored" since apparently there won't ever be any more modpacks that use the Overworld. Because, you know... skyblock is just SO much more exciting and interesting. sigh