Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Anyone else had problems with the launcher 'failing to refresh login'? Not that I mind having to re-enter my password every time, but sometimes I'm typing around the cat and my touch-typing skills aren't 100%.

I have 'Remember me' set to green, which I hope means 'on'. >_>
Mojang is having some authentication issues rn.

Reactions: OniyaMCD
P

Progeekzy

Breaking into bees, whats the difference between a Apiary and a beehouse? They seem to do the same thing but 1 needs frames.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Breaking into bees, whats the difference between a Apiary and a beehouse? They seem to do the same thing but 1 needs frames.
They both let your bees produce products and produce more bees, but they are different. An apiary doesn’t require frames, but if it has three frames in it it’ll produce more than triple the resources of a beehouse, varies based off which frames and less with less. A bee House is slightly better than an apiary with a single frame, in a bee house bees live three times longer per generation and ignoble bees will never die.

The really big differences however are that in an apiary bees can mutate. Bees will never produce a new species in a bee house, and producing new species is really important. Also I feel like you can’t automate a bee house but I’m not sure on that.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
ignoble bees will never die.
more so ignoble bees will always leave behind a princess after a cycle in a beehouse (everything can die) .

ignoble is that nasty trait that diminishes your breeding stock of princess(drones are never ignoble as this trait only goes down the female line) because this trait means after x time there is a chance that a cyle will not leave behind a princess in base forestry this chance is only rolled in an apiary (becuase the bee house and the alverary are immune to this problem). If a bee is not ignoble it is called pristine.
ignoble bees still have some use ,but there mostly useful for temporary more combs(ie u already have a pristine working on the desired products or lots of spare drones from the species in question) or drones

J

JamesTofo

Yo trying out FTB Beyond and cant seem to get any water from the sink or reservoir into the Agricraft water tanks. Tried everything I could think of and none of the posts I've seen related to this have helped. What are the ways to do this?

AirOnSkin

Feb 22, 2018
What's the fastest way to get liquid XP from a tank/me storage back to the player in FTB Revelation?
(The XP tap from Mob Grinding Utils is too slow in my opinion)

P

Progeekzy

Why does Railcraft unnecessarily over complicate the creation of tracks? Its like we went from a difficulty of 5 to 500.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
but there mostly useful for temporary more combs(ie u already have a pristine working on the desired products or lots of spare drones from the species in question) or drones
I'd disagree and say that that's not their primary use, their primary uses are twofold as I see it.

1. If you'd be happy with a few hundred/thousand products. Running an ignoble infinity bee in FTB Infinity can easily net you 1000+ power modules for example, more than you'll ever need from for Gendustry, similar results with skystone if you're not building with it and more.
  2. Breeding, it doesn't matter if part of the big breeding tree you're doing has ignobles, only if the output is ignoble and it's something you want forever.
That's the key, pristines aren't special unless you want something forever, an ignoble bee still lives about 150 generations on average, never less than 95. Even at Shortest that's a minimum of over seven hours, and 950 production checks, at Longest it's an average lifespan of about 81 hours and 10.6k production checks. Ignobles really don't die all that fast.

Reactions: asb3pe

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Why does Railcraft unnecessarily over complicate the creation of tracks? Its like we went from a difficulty of 5 to 500.

Because it increases the amount of tracks you get from the input. So instead of a flat 16 from 6 iron, you get eight rails, which become 16+1/3 of a set. Or you get steel, which gets you 16, which is half a stack plus a bit of left over.

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
If you'd be happy with a few hundred/thousand products. Running an ignoble infinity bee in FTB Infinity can easily net you 1000+ power modules for example, more than you'll ever need from for Gendustry, similar results with skystone if you're not building with it and more.
u just said very close to what the part u quoted said . "moar products now " ,
if ur treating world time like a server or actually on a server 7hrs is a lot shorter then ud think (still quite long) for an automated build
(screw ic2 irdium without doing this though unless ur importing rf into eu lol)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
u just said very close to what the part u quoted said . "moar products now " ,
if ur treating world time like a server or actually on a server 7hrs is a lot shorter then ud think (still quite long) for an automated build
(screw ic2 irdium without doing this though unless ur importing rf into eu lol)

I don't think @Xavion was disagreeing with the 'moar products now' sentiment - just saying that there was an additional reason (the breeding tree). Also, if you want a good source of Pristines to use for those 'forever hives', Water Bees are probably the best. You sometimes have to run them with a humidifier, if you get a bad tolerance gene, but they're usually quite happy in a Normal/Normal environment.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That's the key, pristines aren't special unless you want something forever, an ignoble bee still lives about 150 generations on average, never less than 95. Even at Shortest that's a minimum of over seven hours, and 950 production checks, at Longest it's an average lifespan of about 81 hours and 10.6k production checks. Ignobles really don't die all that fast.

I used to ignore Ignoble bees completely, and I'd rage at how low the percentage of Pristines are, in the wild. It meant I'd throw away 8 of every 10 Princesses because I wouldn't use the Ignobles.

But then I realized Xavion is correct - there's no reason not to use Ignobles for everything, and then simply switch to a Pristine once you've achieved what I call a "Production Bee", which is intended to sit inside an Alveary and crank out its specialty product forever. Only at that point do you require Pristines, and you can very easily do everything using Ignobles and only create a Pristine as the final step in the process.

I've always done much of my bee-work manually, however in my last play-thru I did use Gendustry for the first time... one of the problems with Gendustry is that the mod's machines do kill off Ignobles at a higher rate than Pristines, so it can be very frustrating to lose so many bees along the way... but that's what made me realize I absolutely had to use Ignobles even tho Gendustry kills them off occasionally, because at the rate they die, I needed quantity of bees, not quality...

But if you're doing "vanilla" bees, without Gendustry machines, then the rate of Ignobles dying is so low that there's no reason to avoid them.

Reactions: Lethosos

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I honestly always have found more Pristine than Ignobles. So it's never been much of a problem. Ignobles are either not useful, or get tweaked to produce lots of drones that then get melted down.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
simply switch to a Pristine once you've achieved what I call a "Production Bee", which is intended to sit inside an Alveary and crank out its specialty product forever. Only at that point do you require Pristines, and you can very easily do everything using Ignobles and only create a Pristine as the final step in the process.
if you already have an Alveary the ignoble piece is already covered , because it negates the rolls for genetic collapse if its housing an ignoble bee. I think it's because you have hit one of forestry's endgame markers at that pt.

i never said i toss ignobles away, i honestly just toss them in a storage crate. if i was very bothered about it i would use the magic bees botania compat to purify an ignoble (this play-through the pack specific recipe for bee hives just seems more appealing even though it uses royal jelly and an empowerer )

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I honestly always have found more Pristine than Ignobles. So it's never been much of a problem. Ignobles are either not useful, or get tweaked to produce lots of drones that then get melted down.

Forestry is like the best source for scrap that I've found. There's only so much you can use the various waxes for.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Once I have bees running, I end up with so much wax. Even if I only transport water in containers, I still don't need as much wax as I end up with.

S

Sin

I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere, how do you hide/show certain parts of your skins? in one server I found an option to hide jacket, etc. but I don't know where those settings are. My skin isn't displaying correctly in a new server I'm playing on and I wondered if things were hidden still

Attachments

• dgg.PNG
    dgg.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 60
L

lllBASSlll

HI all!
how do you install the FTB utilities on a server?
can run it offline but not on my server..
thanks for your time....

H

hammy27

can someone give me their mods folder for ftb reborn? bc ive tired everything to fix my file and nothing works