Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The Plasma Cannon doesn't have a toggle in the latest version. It has had it added and removed several times during development though.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
The Plasma Cannon doesn't have a toggle in the latest version. It has had it added and removed several times during development though.

Are we talking about the same thing? I might me thinking of something else but I thought it was the thing that shoots exploding balls out? The longer you hold down the button the more it charges? That tool?

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering, my advanced electric jet-pack wont enter hover move when i press the M key. i have mode switch binded to the key. my jet engines are on, and yes, i know that i must be flying to switch modes. im using ftb ultimate.

upon further inspection, none of my mode switching items seem to switch modes. mining laser, wrench etc...

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I just entered the Twilight Forest realm place and ever since then I've ben having huge lag spikes every 10 seconds or so and it's starting to get on my nerves. Anyway to fix this? Also, I cannot change the mode on my mining laser, I'm pressing M and nothing shows up.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
I just entered the Twilight Forest realm place and ever since then I've ben having huge lag spikes every 10 seconds or so and it's starting to get on my nerves. Anyway to fix this? Also, I cannot change the mode on my mining laser, I'm pressing M and nothing shows up.
Ay, my mode switching is not working. Your lag spikes my be due to loading new chunks. Having optifine helps with that. Try turning down your render distance, and making your graphics fast, this may help.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
This happens to me too. I think it's a memory leak, restarting the game tends to fix itt for me.

Reactions: WAFFLE OF WAR

Kimberly

Jul 29, 2019
How do you hook up an iron pipe to a void pipe properly?

I have a pipe leading from a logger to a chest. In the middle of this pipeline, I have an iron pipe connected to a void pipe. I've got a gate next to the chest that sends a pipewire signal if the chest is full, and a gate next to the iron pipe that sends out a redstone signal if it receives a pipewire signal. The basic idea: if the chest is full, route every item from the logger into the void pipe. The problem with this set-up is that iron pipe has more than two valid configurations, so the binary redstone signal doesn't always set the pipe to the desired position.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Like this:
aGce9OB.png

Iron pipe won't choose wooden pipe as a valid destination. Solid block next to the iron pipe is necessary, because gate don't power pipe that it is sitting on, only strongly power neighboring blocks (like RS torch). Piece of redstone dust is needed, because without it when the pipe is powered by solid block powered by gate it will switch on chunk reloading, this piece of redstone causes it to load correctly.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019

I have a pipe leading from a logger to a chest. In the middle of this pipeline, I have an iron pipe connected to a void pipe. I've got a gate next to the chest that sends a pipewire signal if the chest is full, and a gate next to the iron pipe that sends out a redstone signal if it receives a pipewire signal. The basic idea: if the chest is full, route every item from the logger into the void pipe. The problem with this set-up is that iron pipe has more than two valid configurations, so the binary redstone signal doesn't always set the pipe to the desired position.
You could try by putting a wooden pipe where the iron pipe should never output, that is sure to work.

But if I were you, I would rather stick a diamond pipe as the pipe on the chest, putting the to the chest with the items you want in it, and putting the "empty" route connected to the void pipe.
That setup costs a bit more (diamond pipe instead of iron pipe + iron gate + pipe wire), but it won't have any problem with changes in the chest inventory, while your gate one could end up never automatically resetting correctly if the chest was not empty afterward.

Kimberly

Jul 29, 2019
You could try by putting a wooden pipe where the iron pipe should never output, that is sure to work.

But if I were you, I would rather stick a diamond pipe as the pipe on the chest, putting the to the chest with the items you want in it, and putting the "empty" route connected to the void pipe.
That setup costs a bit more (diamond pipe instead of iron pipe + iron gate + pipe wire), but it won't have any problem with changes in the chest inventory, while your gate one could end up never automatically resetting correctly if the chest was not empty afterward.

In what way would the iron pipe not reset correctly, if I used the wooden pipe solution? Doesn't having only two valid positions mean that the iron pipe basically has an "on" and "off" switch? Keep in mind the gate next to the chest only outputs a pipe wire signal if the chest is full, not when it is only partially filled.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
In what way would the iron pipe not reset correctly, if I used the wooden pipe solution? Doesn't having only two valid positions mean that the iron pipe basically has an "on" and "off" switch? Keep in mind the gate next to the chest only outputs a pipe wire signal if the chest is full, not when it is only partially filled.
Well, that means that the iron gate pipe changed.
Just tested it, and indeed, the pipe resets correctly.
Sorry about the misinformation then.

That being said, I still will use the diamond pipe setup myself, because I find it easier to setup, but that's personal preferences.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Like this:
aGce9OB.png

Iron pipe won't choose wooden pipe as a valid destination. Solid block next to the iron pipe is necessary, because gate don't power pipe that it is sitting on, only strongly power neighboring blocks (like RS torch). Piece of redstone dust is needed, because without it when the pipe is powered by solid block powered by gate it will switch on chunk reloading, this piece of redstone causes it to load correctly.
6RIASsK.png

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
You can set it to a hotkey via the hotkey menu MachineMuse Hotkey Menu(default key 'K'). You can then turn it on or off with said hotkey. Great if you're trying to turn it off but not remove it. Better then just installing a second upgrade because you thus are doing it On The Cheap.

You only lose them 30% of the time, unless you're salvaging a Capacitor from a Battery, in which case that's a 100% chance to lose it.(which sucks for using a HV Battery and having installed it on your tool for example)
False, the chance is 90%

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that means that the iron gate pipe changed.
Just tested it, and indeed, the pipe resets correctly.
Sorry about the misinformation then.

That being said, I still will use the diamond pipe setup myself, because I find it easier to setup, but that's personal preferences.

What has changed? I thought that iron pipes had the same number of possible states as the number of pipes connected, ie. in the illustration above, 3 possible states, hence the issue? Has something changed? Please explain.