Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what actual keybind it is, but it happens to me sometimes when I adjust my headset volume. Usually adjusting it one more click in up or down will toggle it back off.

Yes, I can confirm that now - I just muted my computer sound, and guess what? The same problem happened again, instantly, just as I pressed it, totally out of the blue. And then re-enabling sound volume did indeed toggle the "slow motion" effect back off... however, the game was still being glitchy, so I shut down the game and launcher and re-started it all from scratch. All seems fine after doing so. Weird problem, I'm playing RR3 Mainline on AT Launcher if anyone is wondering, it's probably tied to that modpack for whatever reason. Is that the pack you're playing when it happens, Inaeo?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I can confirm that now - I just muted my computer sound, and guess what? The same problem happened again, instantly, just as I pressed it, totally out of the blue. And then re-enabling sound volume did indeed toggle the "slow motion" effect back off... however, the game was still being glitchy, so I shut down the game and launcher and re-started it all from scratch. All seems fine after doing so. Weird problem, I'm playing RR3 Mainline on AT Launcher if anyone is wondering, it's probably tied to that modpack for whatever reason. Is that the pack you're playing when it happens, Inaeo?

Any of them. I noticed it first in Resurrection, but Infinity, Regrowth, and a couple custom packs have all had the same issue. I looked briefly for a way to make it stop happening, but I'm easily distracted so I never found the answer.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Any of them. I noticed it first in Resurrection, but Infinity, Regrowth, and a couple custom packs have all had the same issue. I looked briefly for a way to make it stop happening, but I'm easily distracted so I never found the answer.

I think there is just something buggy in the way Minecraft snaps up keyboard inputs. Discovered a while ago that when I used my media keys to stop/pause/play a song, the Zan's minimap mob radar got toggled on and off...

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is just something buggy in the way Minecraft snaps up keyboard inputs. Discovered a while ago that when I used my media keys to stop/pause/play a song, the Zan's minimap mob radar got toggled on and off...

For me, this is a new issue, it just started happening. The only thing I've changed is my OS itself, to Win10, so... yep, that probably explains it. Some Windows update must've slightly broken modded Minecraft. Aren't we glad Microsoft bought Mojang? LOL /sarcasm

Reactions: rhn

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
For me, this is a new issue, it just started happening. The only thing I've changed is my OS itself, to Win10, so... yep, that probably explains it. Some Windows update must've slightly broken modded Minecraft. Aren't we glad Microsoft bought Mojang? LOL /sarcasm

I can confirm that this happens on win7 and win8. I haven't bothered to upgrade to win10 yet

Reactions: Hambeau and asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm doing Magical Crops, the latest with the "Minicio" and Crucio and all that... I see I can take a diamond hoe and make a Magical Crops Hoe, for extra drops from the plants. But then I see the Magical Crops Pickaxe gives an even greater bonus for the crops than the hoe does. To me that makes no sense, which is why I haven't made either tool yet. Should I make the Crucio Hoe or the Crucio Pickaxe in order to maximize my drops? The game/mod seems to be indicating I should use the pickaxe, but is that correct?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm doing Magical Crops, the latest with the "Minicio" and Crucio and all that... I see I can take a diamond hoe and make a Magical Crops Scythe, for extra drops from the plants. But then I see the pickaxe gives an even greater bonus for the crops than the scythe does. So my question - does that make sense? Why would a pickaxe give a better bonus on crops than a hoe would? To me that makes no sense, which is why I haven't made either tool yet. I'm post my question first. Should I make the Crucio Hoe or the Crucio Pickaxe in order to maximize my drops? The game/mod seems to be indicating I should use the pickaxe, but is that correct?
Double check the tool tips, pretty sure the picks entices the bonus to minico ore while the hoe gives it to minico crops, that's why the pickaxe has a bigger bonus.

Reactions: asb3pe

DarkestStryke

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm doing Magical Crops, the latest with the "Minicio" and Crucio and all that... I see I can take a diamond hoe and make a Magical Crops Scythe, for extra drops from the plants. But then I see the pickaxe gives an even greater bonus for the crops than the scythe does. So my question - does that make sense? Why would a pickaxe give a better bonus on crops than a hoe would? To me that makes no sense, which is why I haven't made either tool yet. Should I make the Crucio Hoe or the Crucio Pickaxe in order to maximize my drops? The game/mod seems to be indicating I should use the pickaxe, but is that correct?
In experience.. pickaxe is for mining the minicio ore for extra drops. Hoe is for harvesting the minicio crops.. both grant extra but in different situations

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome - Hoe it is then. Thanks for the clarification guys, glad I waited to ask here before wasting diamonds in-game. :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome - Hoe it is then. Thanks for the clarification guys, glad I waited to ask here before wasting diamonds in-game. :)

My opinion, but once you have Magical Crops up and running, a few diamonds is no matter at all. In fact, Magical Crops has a tendency to make all resources effectively infinite quite quickly, so the only time you need to maximize the output is on the first few harvests until you have a surplus, then everything else is gravy.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I like gravy...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
My opinion, but once you have Magical Crops up and running, a few diamonds is no matter at all. In fact, Magical Crops has a tendency to make all resources effectively infinite quite quickly, so the only time you need to maximize the output is on the first few harvests until you have a surplus, then everything else is gravy.
Take a decent while to work your way up to diamond crops though, need minicio crops to get the several stacks of essence needed and need to work your way up one tier at a time too.

If you're playing Sky Factory it's harder too as they modified the recipe for the top tier infusion stones so you need unstable ingots before you can get the top tier of crops which I believe diamonds are.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone that has a bit of argument knowledge? I'm trying to run a pack with Chromaticraft. It recomends that I use -XX:+UseG1GC if I am running Java 8 (which I am). Now the problem is that, when I run the game from the launcher using these
-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:parallelGCThreads=3 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc
there is no problem (besides being slow; 200+ mods).

Problem comes in when I try to run the pack server. It immediately gives an error stating that there are conflicting collector combinations.

Why? And which should I keep/remove?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I like gravy...

After my incident in the nether, which cost me a full day due to "gravestone downtime" (lol), I changed from Plan A to Plan B. Plan A was to mine all the Nether Ores, since they are worth 4 ingots per ore. Plan B is Magical Crops. And as it turns out - as you noted - Plan B is far better than Plan A ever could have been. After I make all my seeds, I might never have to leave base again. LOL

Only question I have now, after finding a village with the crop building and realizing all the Magical Crop seeds there had been "Agricraft-ified"... do I really want to mix Magical Crops and Agricraft? Is it worth it, or even necessary, to get the "10-10-10" seeds?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
After my incident in the nether, which cost me a full day due to "gravestone downtime" (lol), I changed from Plan A to Plan B. Plan A was to mine all the Nether Ores, since they are worth 4 ingots per ore. Plan B is Magical Crops. And as it turns out - as you noted - Plan B is far better than Plan A ever could have been. After I make all my seeds, I might never have to leave base again. LOL

Only question I have now, after finding a village with the crop building and realizing all the Magical Crop seeds there had been "Agricraft-ified"... do I really want to mix Magical Crops and Agricraft? Is it worth it, or even necessary, to get the "10-10-10" seeds?
Well, if you have weeds turned off, you can plant them in a huge field and let them proloferate and increase their stats whithout you babysitting them. They yield 4 products at 10, and grow fast. Coupled with a harvester and your set on resources. If you throw in the irrigation channels, even better (note that you should probably get this veeery away from your base, as it lags a lot).

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019

Two people on a Regrowth server were able to be flooded with resources with a single small plot of Agricraft-ified 10/10/19 Magical Crops (for ores, anyway -a few applications had specific plots of other seeds). We started with 8x8 plots for each seed, but once automation happened, we could easily downsize the field and apply a few growth boosters (Lamp of Growth coupled with Agricraft Sprinklers was enough) to exceed our needs in most cases.

Once we entered Mekanism with its modified recipies (replace nearly all the Iron with Steel, which had an increased process to make), a dedicated Iron plot was made to support those needs until sufficient back stock was achieved.

In short, since one max stat plant is worth four min stat plants, it saves a ton of space (or floods you on the same space), as well as the resources and infrastructure to tend that space.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
In short, since one max stat plant is worth four min stat plants, it saves a ton of space (or floods you on the same space), as well as the resources and infrastructure to tend that space.

I dunno... if I scan my Magical Crop seeds, then I'm forced to use those "crops" sticks for everything I plant. That's a major negative. And using a cross with the double-crops in the middle, it took me 15-20 mins to get one type of seed to 10-10-10. There's no way I could ever do that for every Magical Crop seed in the modpack. It all seems like way more effort than its worth, just to save floor space (which is indeed a valuable thing, don't mistake my words). We even have weeds turned off on our server and it's still too much work. Imagine if weeds were on? Goodness.

But maybe there's a little shortcut or a trick to 10-10-10's that I'm missing... if so, fill me in please. LOL

I also have 3 chunks of Minicio seeds growing - no crop sticks or any of that crap. That's a lot of seeds growing (16x16x3=768)!!! They're all 1-1-1's in terms of Agricraft but obv I didn't scan them. How could I ever turn them all into 10-10-10's? I'd basically just throw them all away, and make a single 10-10-10 seed? Then fill my chunks back up from that solitary seed?

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno... if I scan my Magical Crop seeds, then I'm forced to use those "crops" sticks for everything I plant. That's a major negative. And using a cross with the double-crops in the middle, it took me 15-20 mins to get one type of seed to 10-10-10. There's no way I could ever do that for every Magical Crop seed in the modpack. It all seems like way more effort than its worth, just to save floor space (which is indeed a valuable thing, don't mistake my words). We even have weeds turned off on our server and it's still too much work. Imagine if weeds were on? Goodness.

But maybe there's a little shortcut or a trick to 10-10-10's that I'm missing... if so, fill me in please. LOL

Everyone has their own tolerance of what's worth what to them. In the end, player choice is one of the greatest things MC has going for it. That said, the ingredients for 10 stat crops is sticks (renewable) and time (nonrenewable).

Depending on your configs, you can run things differently. Some configs need four parent crops to increase stats (hardest difficulty). In this case, a + plot with your cross crops is advised (as is a watering can or an endless supply of bonemeal).

If your configs only require a single parent to increase stats, you can simply make a long line of Cross Crops, which will each propagate the next crop in line as they mature. The beauty of this is the fact that it is completely passive, and still nets you resources from the already grown crops if you need them.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for explaining Inaeo. I play on someone else's server, so I basically have to discover what the settings are by experiment. The first thing I did was put a 1-1-1 seed in crops, with a double-crops next to it (single parent). The child was 1-1-1, so that failed miserable. LOL Then I tried a double-cross, and same thing, child was 1-1-1. sigh. Finally, I tried the 4-way-cross setup, and sure enough, the child in the middle of four 1-1-1's turned out to be something like 4-3-5, and I was on my way. But it still took me 15 mins for one stinkin' seed to get to 10-10-10, so my idea of getting every seed to 10-10-10 is never gonna happen. I often decide to just scrap the whole idea altogether when I realize my plan isn't gonna work out.

The thought of placing 3 chunks worth of crop sticks is the final straw for me, I guess that's where I draw the line. Of course, with 10-10-10's, I would only need 3/4'ths of a chunk to get the same output... but that's still around 200 seeds I need, and 200 crops. Yeah it's only sticks, but I gotta deal with the stupid sticks forever, from that point on. LOL

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Remember too that the "stupid sticks" have other benefits as well. Notably they harvest without the need to be replanted, so it saves a lot of hassle when automating things. Also, I've never had a mob stomp my tilled dirt back to dirt when using crop sticks, which is a Vanilla mechanic which has always annoyed me.

So far as configs go, you should be able to check the client side configs (aka your machine) as they should be in line with the server. It should take some of the guesswork out of things (unless you like guesswork, in which case carry on).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Remember too that the "stupid sticks" have other benefits as well.

One of which is a real deal-maker for me. I've been very aggravated at the way Magical Crops hurt me as I walk over them, for the past few days I've been walking a tightrope as I plant and harvest each row by hand. LOL

Tonight I finally broke down, made my 10's, laid out my crop sticks... and as I watered my Magical Crops, I suddenly realized I was no longer taking any damage. Yay!! Big plus indeed, it's almost as if the "feature" of the plant causing damage is intended to drive the player into using the Agricraft sticks.

Another plus is that I don't have to keep an empty row of tilled soil in between each row of my crops. For vanilla farming, leaving that empty row makes the plants mature so much faster. But with Crop Sticks, leaving empty rows is silly - the whole idea is one plant touches the next one, that's how they propogate.

All in all, I've changed my tune and Agricraft is def the way to go. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Inaeo