Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing Regrowth and getting more and more frustrated with the vagueness and conflicts - the latest is with FLUDD.
I found no way of looking up FLUDD (or F,l,U,D,D) directly in NEI but was able to find a recipe by clicking "U" on the lens component (after resorting to the internet) and later found a different recipe in one of the mariculture books. One uses air tanks and the other uses glass tanks - I made the one with glass tanks (knowing that the FLUDD uses water not air, I figured the use of air tank would bu stupid) and tried both methods listed (in the book) of filling it. One required a pressure tank and the other way is placing it on the ground to fill with buckets - neither works. Is there a reference to a library book or some information I have to get by completing space engineers or some other vague way of obtaining the secret to this problem - because there does not seem to be any straight forward way of learning this in-game. I know there MUST be a simple solution as Soaryn made one ... but I can't look up his stream of how he did it, what am I missing.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Can an Ender IO conduit system filter a specific item quantity to a location? Or can I only say "coal" and it'll shove all the coal it can into the same place?

Edit: also, do facades gain the properties of the block they are painted with? Not talking about them being reinforced. Just, for example, a stone facade being more resilient than a sand, or a wooden facade burning.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Can an Ender IO conduit system filter a specific item quantity to a location? Or can I only say "coal" and it'll shove all the coal it can into the same place?

Edit: also, do facades gain the properties of the block they are painted with? Not talking about them being reinforced. Just, for example, a stone facade being more resilient than a sand, or a wooden facade burning.
1: No idea. Try crafting an advanced filter item and putting it into the conduit; that'd be my best guess. If that doesn't have the option you need, I know for certain that Thermal Dynamics filters do.

2: Pretty sure painted conduit facades are literally just conduit facades that have been retextured to look like whatever they're painted as. As far as I know, they have exactly the same hardness, blast resistance, flammability, etc. as unpainted facades.

AE2 and FMP's versions, on the other hand...

Reactions: Ashendale

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
Regrowth - Are there any Mekanism quests? Im playing 0.8.4 beta from FTB launcher. When I was looking around google, I found that there were mekanism quests, and then they were removed? I dont know. Those posts were pretty old aswell.

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
if I have a bow with Power IV and another bow with Power I, can I add these two together to make a power V bow? I was under the impression that vanilla anvils could do this, but I was apparently wrong.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
if I have a bow with Power IV and another bow with Power I, can I add these two together to make a power V bow? I was under the impression that vanilla anvils could do this, but I was apparently wrong.
Check the minecraft wiki, but I believe it requires two power iv enchants. Haven't tried it though.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
Two power IV bows will make power V

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In the Storage Drawers mod there is a variant of the drawers that have the text "Sorting" in their tooltip. They are made by surrounding normal drawers with Gold nuggets. What is their special function and what makes them different than regular drawers?
Cannot find any information on these anywhere.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I think rhn, they are used for refined relocation, and thus act in a similar manner to sorting chests from that mod.

dualinfinities

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to change the name and appearance of wand components (as well as wands made with the changed component). I seem to recall some modpack having done such a thing, how do I do this?

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue with Ender Pearl Dust.

I am trying to make a wireless booster. It calls for DustEnder or DustEnderPear. However I am only getting the iChun PortalGun version called EnderPearlDust when processing the pearls.. I have tried to convert using the Lexicon book but it wont let me. Using FTB Infinity 2.02.

How do I resolve this?

Answer: Use the grinding stone from AE and it gives the correct dust

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I have an issue with Ender Pearl Dust.

I am trying to make a wireless booster. It calls for DustEnder or DustEnderPear. However I am only getting the iChun PortalGun version called EnderPearlDust when processing the pearls.. I have tried to convert using the Lexicon book but it wont let me. Using FTB Infinity 2.02.

How do I resolve this?
Are you smelting or grinding them?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

dualinfinities

Jul 29, 2019
also a concern is BM's Sanguine Scientium book, which has recipes written in it that don't reflect the edited recipes in my pack. any way of changing the contents?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
In the Storage Drawers mod there is a variant of the drawers that have the text "Sorting" in their tooltip. They are made by surrounding normal drawers with Gold nuggets. What is their special function and what makes them different than regular drawers?
Cannot find any information on these anywhere.
If you're talking about the Storage Controller, it works by throwing what you put in it in a nearby drawer that already has some of that item. So that you don't have to run around and look where you put stuff. It does the sorting for you.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you're talking about the Storage Controller, it works by throwing what you put in it in a nearby drawer that already has some of that item. So that you don't have to run around and look where you put stuff. It does the sorting for you.
Nah rouge_bare was right,
I think rhn, they are used for refined relocation, and thus act in a similar manner to sorting chests from that mod.
they appear to be compatibility inventories for Refined Relocation sorting system. They even got the same icons on the top and everything.

Reactions: Ashendale

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Is there a way to somehow combine similar items with slightly different ID?

Specifically ghostwood tree leaves fron Natura. If I shear them with a Shears, I get leaves with 3258:1, which is what I need. If I use a MFR Harvester, it gives me 3258:9, that doesn't work in recipes. A TiCo scythe with a silky jewel does what I need, but half of the leaves drop as Sakura tree leaves for some reason, so the useful yeild is terrible. I tried putting them in a JABBA barrel, but that didn't work.

This is in Blood and Bones modpack in 1.6.4.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or a feature
Regrowth - Mekanism Ultimate pipe - lever off connects - lever on no connection. It is handy

upload_2015-11-28_16-15-56.png

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there any way to turn the Draconic Evolution Mob Grinder to face downwards?

Also, I'm looking for a mod that can give me the ability to have colored beacon beams like in 1.8. Anyone know if this exists?

Also, is the Uncrafting Table from Twilight Forest disabled to not break down anything?

Last edited: