Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh. Can't play my "pack" for more than 5 minutes it seems like. Pretty much everything turns invisible... and can't report any bugs Magic Farm has because the page the issue button take you to gives you a 404, and the forum page is locked... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of cheaty, is there a block that acts like an x-ray machine? Something I can place up against a wall, and that works as if I was standing in a redstone block or other vanilla x-ray technique? Something from a mod that's in Infinity would be best as that's the pack I'm using, but I'm not averse to adding mods.
The block from XU made from 9 unstable ingots does exactly that.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way for an average joe to fix issues with localization?

icLlcpP.png

(infinity 1.3.1)

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Material Energy 4

1. Can you turn the decay option on Minechem off?

2. I have a player interface how to you use it to put items in your inventory. I want to keep 64 torches on me at all times.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
1. You can use a lead chest that stops the decay (I forget the name, but it's obvious when you see it). I don't know about config options.
2. edit: nm duh.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I can answer your 2, @BIBLO: Use a rationing pipe and transfer node from Extra Utilities on your interface. Just give the node a filter so it only pulls torches, and it'll keep one, and only one, stack of torches in your inventory. The same goes for anything else that can stack, as well, like food.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2. I have a player interface how to you use it to put items in your inventory. I want to keep 64 torches on me at all times.
The trouble with things like this is, if you pick them up in your inventory to move them to or from the hotbar, you get an extra stack dumped in a random place.

Steve's Factory Manager would do it brilliantly! You could have a condition that removes torches if you have more than 64, and adds them if you have less. *Edit* Hm, that would still mess up the locations, as it adds them in odd places. You could target a specific slot to always have torches though, and have another slot that you can place excess torches in to be picked up from and removed. Yeah, this would be complicated to get right. Unless you just always wanted torches in one place.

Last edited:

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
The trouble with things like this is, if you pick them up in your inventory to move them to or from the hotbar, you get an extra stack dumped in a random place.

Steve's Factory Manager would do it brilliantly! You could have a condition that removes torches if you have more than 64, and adds them if you have less. *Edit* Hm, that would still mess up the locations, as it adds them in odd places. You could target a specific slot to always have torches though, and have another slot that you can place excess torches in to be picked up from and removed. Yeah, this would be complicated to get right. Unless you just always wanted torches in one place.

I always keep my torches beside my pickaxe. Only time i should get more torches than i Need is if I die and go get my grave. That is not a big deal. It is better than being in a place and run out of torches.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having some issues with mining levels in Magic Farm 2. I'm following the tiers, flint, copper, iron, etc. Have made it up to iron & boosted & then further leveled, but I still cant mine tin & can no longer mine coal but can mine copper & iron, I'm a little lost? I have played this through in Blood n bones without issue so am pretty familiar with the system, granted that was a few months ago so I may have forgotten something obvious?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

* derped in the image, the bottom two leveled images should be on opposite sides.

Attachments

• mining levels.jpg
    mining levels.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 44

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I'm having a problem with what seems to be Jabba causing most items, in both the player inventory and items in the barrels, to flicker. The reason I think it's Jabba is because the flickering only occurs when looking at the barrels from about 15 blocks away. If I look away from the barrels or if I leave the chunk, it stops. I guess a good thing is that it's inconsistent and doesn't happen all of the time but it's still enough to be a PITA.

Anyway.. Any ideas why this could be happening and/or how to fix it? I've tried switching back to the vanilla resource pack, changing my graphical settings and stuff like that. I didn't find anything similar enough to my issue when I tried to do some research either.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
So.. I'm having a problem with what seems to be Jabba causing most items, in both the player inventory and items in the barrels, to flicker. The reason I think it's Jabba is because the flickering only occurs when looking at the barrels from about 15 blocks away. If I look away from the barrels or if I leave the chunk, it stops. I guess a good thing is that it's inconsistent and doesn't happen all of the time but it's still enough to be a PITA.

Anyway.. Any ideas why this could be happening and/or how to fix it? I've tried switching back to the vanilla resource pack, changing my graphical settings and stuff like that. I didn't find anything similar enough to my issue when I tried to do some research either.
Do you have Optifine installed?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. I hadn't actually checked before, I just saw it and assumed! I guess my y=1 frame quarry is doomed.
Why would you want that... unless you mean a frame bore. A frame quarry drops down (quarrying out the land) a frame bore digs in the direction it is moving (if that makes sense)
Heck, you could combine the two, and do it at y=15,14,13,12 (for the bore part) as that is where diamonds start to spawn, and the quarry (mining wells) dig below

Ellerianna

Jul 29, 2019
Possibly been asked before.
But are there other ways in the current direwolf20 pack to gain extra hearts other then the heart canisters from tconstuct?