Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
hi there,
playing Agrarian Skies 3.1.4

1. Ender Lilies, did they need sunlight?
1.1. i plan to make an ender-lily-farm with MFR. i tested harvesting them - it works, but works planting (with Planter) also?
2. where i can let spawn Wolf's. i guess Taiga, Grass-Block in Taiga-Biome, right?

1.They need some form of light, I remember once not being able to plant them until I put a torch near them.
1.1 I was going to test this once but never got around to it, I had more than enough pearls from my cursed earth mobfarm :p
I'm interested in the answer as well.
2. They spawn in forests too

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I just had an idea on how to get water into the Nether. Spatial IO. Has anyone tried this, does it work or does the water vanish when the area is loaded? Once it's in there, you could use Funky Locomotion to move it around and pave over lava lakes, if that's your thing.

RazielTheFallen

Jul 29, 2019
1.They need some form of light, I remember once not being able to plant them until I put a torch near them.
1.1 I was going to test this once but never got around to it, I had more than enough pearls from my cursed earth mobfarm :p
I'm interested in the answer as well.
2. They spawn in forests too

okay, thanks, i will build this farm then rather on my island not in the catacombs, just to be sure
my manually harvested ender-lilies on endercore, gave me an unexpected high output, i would guess it can keep up with a mobfarm

they spawn in forest too? - hmm... if i rember it right, there must be a forest-biome next to the house...but until now no wolf spawned on the grass there. maybe i need to plant some trees.
but...Ocelots...i have a horde of Ocelots...destroying my melon farms and eating my chickens. in real life i'm a cat-lover but in this game ...i thought already about to install some: "auto-wrench-turning-Scythe-filled-AA's-machines of death" in my jungle-biomes :)

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
I just had an idea on how to get water into the Nether. Spatial IO. Has anyone tried this, does it work or does the water vanish when the area is loaded? Once it's in there, you could use Funky Locomotion to move it around and pave over lava lakes, if that's your thing.
the blood magic water sigil also does a good job of getting rid of lava lakes in the nether

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
If I were guessing, I'd guess that when that happens, the servo thinks that the barrel is full, so it sends items to your default route chest when it thinks there are enough items in transit to fill the barrel. You should be able to fix that by putting signalum (I think? Electrum might work; not sure) filters on the barrels and clicking the "Prevent Oversending" button in the filter's GUI. The signalum servo might also be able to do that without needing a filter on every single barrel; not sure.
Whatever the reason, it's irritating. :grr:

ExU basic filing cabinets - I seem to be able to insert items of varying IDs. I had botania flowers originally, with the 966 ID, but I could then insert Oak Wood (7), apples, cooked chicken, ender pearls, zombie heads, sticks, oak planks, etc. I thought they could only hold one item ID entity plus the entities which shared that item id but had different values after the colon eg mystical blue flower 966:11 can be in the same cabinet as mystical purple flower 966:10. Where's the problem with this?

Last edited:

PokeMaserJ

Jul 29, 2019
2015-03-19_17.09.03.png 2015-03-19_17.09.26.png anyone know what would cause these things to happen? Can't seem to post a log on the fourms, FTBpaste, PasteBin or PasteEE... Vanilla texture pack. Fresh world

greenking13

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know if cofhcore ore generation can possibly bypass the Galacticraft setting
# If this is enabled, other mods' standard ores and all other features (eg. plants) can generate on the Moon and planets.
So that it is possible to generate ore onto various planets WITHOUT generating plants and everything?

Thanks!
-Green

Cysteine

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, can anyone enlighten me on how to display:

1: current biome under map writer minimap
2: current minecraft time (extra mod needed?)

FTB Infinity (currently 1.2.0, might update to 1.3.1)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, can anyone enlighten me on how to display:

1: current biome under map writer minimap
2: current mineshaft time (extra mod needed?)

FTB Infinity (currently 1.2.0, might update to 1.3.1)
1) I don't know, I use JourneyMap, which is the map enabled by default (that shows the biome under it)
2) I don't understand what you mean

Cysteine

Jul 29, 2019
1) I don't know, I use JourneyMap, which is the map enabled by default (that shows the biome under it)
2) I don't understand what you mean

1, Journey map destroys my fps, that's why I am looking for a way in MW

2, My bad, my phone auto-corrected me.. I meant minecraft time (so that I know exactly how long is left til dark) I remember having that before in a different pack.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
1, Journey map destroys my fps, that's why I am looking for a way in MW

2, My bad, my phone auto-corrected me.. I meant minecraft time (so that I know exactly how long is left til dark) I remember having that before in a different pack.
Factorization isn't in the pack, so you can't use that...
I believe in the f3 screen it shows time... other than that, clocks... You can always be cheaty and just look at clock in NEI too ;)

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Factorization isn't in the pack, so you can't use that...
I believe in the f3 screen it shows time... other than that, clocks... You can always be cheaty and just look at clock in NEI too ;)
Or even (slightly less cheaty) put the ingredients in a crafting table, and look at the result.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Speaking of cheaty, is there a block that acts like an x-ray machine? Something I can place up against a wall, and that works as if I was standing in a redstone block or other vanilla x-ray technique? Something from a mod that's in Infinity would be best as that's the pack I'm using, but I'm not averse to adding mods.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Speaking of cheaty, is there a block that acts like an x-ray machine? Something I can place up against a wall, and that works as if I was standing in a redstone block or other vanilla x-ray technique? Something from a mod that's in Infinity would be best as that's the pack I'm using, but I'm not averse to adding mods.
@Aiwendil showed me such a block a couple months ago in the Infitech2 pack, I forget which mod it came from however or what the block was called.

Aiwen?