Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rdemay91

Jul 29, 2019
y cant i download the resuraction pack
to vague. takes time wait a lil longer. mine took me about 8 mins to download and load up all together i just looked at web pages while that happened in the background. might have a bad connection and it gets interupted and just stops where its at give some more information about what it is doing or in this case not doing

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a way in 1.6 to make mystcraft age books not able to be made unless say you are an admin of the server?
Disable the book binder recipe in the config. Admin can then spawn one in and keep it in a safe place out so (s)he is the only one able to make new worlds.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
so I've been toying around a bit with Thaumcraft again and tried messing with some of the node mechanics.
specifically the node merging and the energized node. I placed a node on an advanced stabilizer and threw some nodes around so they'd all merge, but after all the nodes merged the main node didn't really get that much better... so I was wondering if it's really worth it to merge nodes like that or not? or should I just merge small and useless nodes with bigger nodes as I wouldn't really use those anyways?

as for energized nodes, is it best to get a node with all aspects of any amount or is it better to get a node with all aspects with very high amounts of aspects? I quickly merged small nodes into 1 node with a few of all aspects but it was plenty to fill my silverwood wand at a decent rate

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Experiencing some weird thing going on with a pair of Big Reactor Turbines atm.
I have 2 turbines set up in TPPI. I have used this spreadsheet to decide the coil/blade/steam ratio:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TUxOUGxMRlpERWtPMmtGT213bmc&usp=sharing#gid=1
to 4 Enderium Coils, 70 Blades and 1732mB/t steam @1800 RPM. I have tested this in a creative world and have had these turbines running just as intended in the main world for days. But all of a sudden I notice that they will simply not go above 1220ish RPM. Steam supply is fine and everything looks normal. If I log over to the creative world which has exact copies of the same turbine setup they run just as intended stable at 1800RPM.

What the heck is going on? I have changed nothing about the turbines, merely been building stuff around them.

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
so I've been toying around a bit with Thaumcraft again and tried messing with some of the node mechanics.
specifically the node merging and the energized node. I placed a node on an advanced stabilizer and threw some nodes around so they'd all merge, but after all the nodes merged the main node didn't really get that much better... so I was wondering if it's really worth it to merge nodes like that or not? or should I just merge small and useless nodes with bigger nodes as I wouldn't really use those anyways?

as for energized nodes, is it best to get a node with all aspects of any amount or is it better to get a node with all aspects with very high amounts of aspects? I quickly merged small nodes into 1 node with a few of all aspects but it was plenty to fill my silverwood wand at a decent rate
I'm not sure on the node merging but for the energized nodes you don't need a giant one the only thing that the bigger ones do aretransfer the vis faster. I hope this is what you wanted

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
to vague. takes time wait a lil longer. mine took me about 8 mins to download and load up all together i just looked at web pages while that happened in the background. might have a bad connection and it gets interupted and just stops where its at give some more information about what it is doing or in this case not doing
When I try to download the pack it gets about 99% done then just stops and when i try to open the pack it starts the download over

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
Experiencing some weird thing going on with a pair of Big Reactor Turbines atm.
I have 2 turbines set up in TPPI. I have used this spreadsheet to decide the coil/blade/steam ratio:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TUxOUGxMRlpERWtPMmtGT213bmc&usp=sharing#gid=1
to 4 Enderium Coils, 70 Blades and 1732mB/t steam @1800 RPM. I have tested this in a creative world and have had these turbines running just as intended in the main world for days. But all of a sudden I notice that they will simply not go above 1220ish RPM. Steam supply is fine and everything looks normal. If I log over to the creative world which has exact copies of the same turbine setup they run just as intended stable at 1800RPM.

What the heck is going on? I have changed nothing about the turbines, merely been building stuff around them.
mybe try to update the multi block buy breaking and placing a block. Also it may be you don't have enough steam thats the only thing I can think of

pollan66

Jul 29, 2019
Are the magical lamps from Factorization disabled in the DW20 v. 1.0.2 pack? I just made one and it doesn´t light up when I placed it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
mybe try to update the multi block buy breaking and placing a block. Also it may be you don't have enough steam thats the only thing I can think of
I have tried to break and replace parts. It doesn't change anything. The multiblock structure seems to remember all its settings even if I break the Controller, Bearing, any other special block I could think of. I guess I will have to try and completely break it down and build it up again to find the block which holds the information(if it works somewhat like a RC tank).

And yes steam is maxed out.

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible you have a ghost block, rhn, but those will usually destroy the entire structure, not just one part. Either way, tearing the whole thing down may just be necessary.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It's possible you have a ghost block, rhn, but those will usually destroy the entire structure, not just one part. Either way, tearing the whole thing down may just be necessary.
Yeah I thought the same thing, in particular with the wrath lamps above. But breaking the lamps changed nothing. And went inside one of the turbines, broke and replaced coil etc. No change. Very odd.

It does more seem like it is registering more coils than it should however, since the turbine doesn't stop working but experiences more drag.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok getting more and more weird.
Just completely broke down and replaced one of the turbines. This did cause the GUI to completely reset, but after spinning up the turbine still only ran at 1230RPM instead of the 1800RPM it is supposed to. So thought there might be something weird going on in the save and I spawned in materials to build a complete copy of the turbine 20 blocks away from the others. It ran just fine at 1800RPM... :mad:

It this some kind of new feature that you can have coil elements on the outside of the frame or what? Or cant you use certain block in close proximity to the turbine?
Only other thing I can think of is tearing down everything I spend hours building to see if it somehow magically affects the internal operation of the turbine. And I rather not want to do that..
xtv2XHi.png

Tokoshoran

Jul 29, 2019
"Ghost blocks" are actually something that the game thinks is there, but isn't. In this case, it sounds like there's a ghost coil. If you move the machine over a bit, you should be able to fix the problem, but that can be annoying with larger constructs.

What texture pack is that, on which modpack?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure on the node merging but for the energized nodes you don't need a giant one the only thing that the bigger ones do aretransfer the vis faster. I hope this is what you wanted

yea, so all I need is to merge a small node with all 6 primal aspects and I'm good to go for an energized node
I also experimented a bit more with node merging in my creative world, and all I've got to say really is that it's not really worth it to merge nodes, even small ones
the super nodes just don't get enough of new aspects to say that it's really helpful to merge them

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
yea, so all I need is to merge a small node with all 6 primal aspects and I'm good to go for an energized node
I also experimented a bit more with node merging in my creative world, and all I've got to say really is that it's not really worth it to merge nodes, even small ones
the super nodes just don't get enough of new aspects to say that it's really helpful to merge them
Yes thats all you have to do and keep in mind that the nodes with non primals will get the non primals broke down to there primals. Atleast in the last versoin i played wich was a while ago,

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
How to process apatite ore?
I have an MFR laser drill which generates apatite ore. So how to process it?
Macerator and Pulverizer do not work.