Ars Magica

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Check out his channel, he's playing 1.5.x right now and I think he's putting together whatever mods they're going to be using. I believe Ars Magica is definitely featured since he's talking about magic levels and such.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't that the forgecraft server? I was under the impression that the DW20 pack and forgecraft were not by necessity the same, although I suppose they could be.

Regardless, I believe DW20 is the only one who can answer that question, seeing as he decides what mods are in that pack.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever is on Forgecraft generally makes it into FTB packs as they seem like 2 facets of the same gaming community.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any plans on adding ars magica to the direwolf pack in the near future?

So far even FTB doesn't have permission to distribute Ars Magica. Only DW20. And he's said on at least 4 occasions I can think of offhand that he intends to fold it into his pack.

But his single player pack is in a really bad place. It effectively cannot be updated without destroying a lot of the automation from his single player world, as it stands. For example, his nuclear reactor, sorting system, and potion brewing system will all break if he were to update today. So it's not clear when he will actually do that.

He may have insider information on upcoming mod updates; or it may just be that he doesn't want to introduce this break in his SP series. I dunno.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
So far even FTB doesn't have permission to distribute Ars Magica. Only DW20. And he's said on at least 4 occasions I can think of offhand that he intends to fold it into his pack.

But his single player pack is in a really bad place. It effectively cannot be updated without destroying a lot of the automation from his single player world, as it stands. For example, his nuclear reactor, sorting system, and potion brewing system will all break if he were to update today. So it's not clear when he will actually do that.

He may have insider information on upcoming mod updates; or it may just be that he doesn't want to introduce this break in his SP series. I dunno.
It is highly likely he will start a new season (and new world) for 1.5/1.6

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
That'd be sad. He's barely gotten started with his current world. He's nowhere near where he was when he stopped season 4.
Well, nor does he have ridiculously expensive EE2 items anymore either. I think he will finish up this season when all the mods he wants are ready and stable, although that may not be for some time now. When he talks about Tinker's Contract and Ars Magica being put in a pack, he keeps saying 1.5/1.6. That suggests that he doesn't really think that he will be starting season 6 until 1.6 comes around.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Last I heard, 1.5 is likely to break worlds. Probably not a certainty, but likely. Added to the fact that RP2 isn't 1.5 yet (and currently has no ETA), I wouldn't envisage the DW20 pack moving on without it.

All the statements made so far on the subject have been that Ars Magica/Tinkers Construct/etc will be added with 1.5.

My prediction would be that Season 5 will continue for the foreseeable, until the mods are at a stable state. If that means waiting for 1.6, then so be it.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
DW has stated a few times that he will be finishing his current season on 1.4.7 and next season will be whatever is current at the time. Hell, I don't even watch his videos and know that.

This means that what is currently the FTB Direwolf pack will never update to 1.5.1 and almost certainly will not be adding more mods.