Ars Magica- Getting Started

Sundey

Jul 29, 2019
So I've gotten my compendium, and have followed the beginning steps of "Your First Spell" and now have a spell in a book. Next step is to use my crafting alter. Problem is, is that the multiblock structure for the crafting alter is no longer in the book.
z08b.png
I've made a nexus, as well as the crafting alter block. But the multiblock structure just wont pop up into my compendium. With things now unlocking in the book instead of just being there, what do I need to do to get it unlocked? I'd really like to play around with this mod, but I can't find where I'm going wrong.

Sundey

Jul 29, 2019
Bringing this back to the front page, still have this issue.

Edit: I remade my oculus and inscription table to get the structure to unlock. So if anyone has the same issue, even if you have already made them, you must make them again to get it to register in the book.

Last edited:

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
Well I've made the occulus and inscription table and while I got the structure tab now I still don't see the crafting alter listed. I started off with Nexus builds and then later for the Gateway but still no crafting alter

Figured out what went wrong. I crafted the occulus and inscription table in a ME crafting terminal. Turns out you have to craft this stuff on a normal crafting table or even one you can convert it to with legs from Tinker's Construct
So I had to make new ones of both to get the unlock.

Last edited:

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
The same happend to me. But I created the alter anyway by looking at pictures from others who has made it and made it work.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you look in the configuration files, for ars magica 2, there's an option to disable the tiered unlocking, in case something like this occurs again.