Ars magica and Monster pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
I always say "Eh are ess Magica" because I didn't think "Ars" was a real word, I thought it was an abbreviation for something.

So we're supposed to pronounce it like "Arse Magica"?

Actually, since it's a latin word (for "Arts", as in the "art of magic", as opposed to a skill, because the concepts of art and skill had very specific meanings to Romans, which they inherited from the Ancient Greeks), I believe you are supposed to pronounce it like "Arrrss" (Think, like a slurry drunken pirate), with a downward tilt to the sound at the end, almost like an unspoken "uh" sound. The European-English slang word for people's backsides has an upward tilt at the end, because of the barely pronounced "e" (ars-e, one extra letter does happen to change the sound a little). Admittedly it's a small difference, but since I've spent so much time studying this stuff, I might as well use it, ya know?

amusingly enough (since I believe this is an international board) there are plenty of Americans who have no idea what "arse" is at all, they've never heard of the word. I've noticed most forum dwellers are more widely read.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
...Ars Magica config. Enable retrogen. Or go to deep dark.
As for the last part of your post, why do some people like gregtech? Because it's the way they play. No point questioning it.
Right now neither of us are solving anything but are just arguing; making the situation worse.
I suggest; and this is completely my opinion. That you just do not add it.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
So tell the OP how you did it.

You know, I like to play with mods when I already passed "first night" experience. I do not need to star over again pack such as BloodNBones to see something. What I use from AM2? Well mostly these are Heal spell, sigil of light and grow. I like to fight with AM2 bosses and think how to build killing machines based on RotraryCraft or similar things.

I care nothing about OP, since majority of people cannot offer anything rather than balancing "first night" experience by nerfing vanilla recipes. All balance is useless as soon as you run MFFS, Ender Quarry or Quarry++. I trully believe modded minecraft is great because you can build something what you can imagine rather than spend all you time to fight with all effort to get your first vanilla "iron" tool.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
You know, I like to play with mods when I already passed "first night" experience. I do not need to star over again pack such as BloodNBones to see something. What I use from AM2? Well mostly these are Heal spell, sigil of light and grow. I like to fight with AM2 bosses and think how to build killing machines based on RotraryCraft or similar things.

I care nothing about OP, since majority of people cannot offer anything rather than balancing "first night" experience by nerfing vanilla recipes. All balance is useless as soon as you run MFFS, Ender Quarry or Quarry++. I trully believe modded minecraft is great because you can build something what you can imagine rather than spend all you time to fight with all effort to get your first vanilla "iron" tool.

He was asking you to tell the OP (original poster in this case) how you managed to get AM2 working without an issue. :p

Mexibird

Jul 29, 2019
I like everything about the monster pack. I also really enjoy ars magica. Its something different from all the tech mods and decided to add it. People add and remove mods from packs all the time. Why is it wrong if I add one?

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Because you added a mod to a pack it was purposely taken out from. AM2 has a few bugs and does not work well with most Monster-Pack mods.

I had AM2 installed on my 1.6.4 worlds that I played on for months and obviously, it didnt cause me any problems otherwise I wouldnt have played for months. I think you (and a lot of others) put way too much emphasis on what "pack" you are playing. Other than themed ones with custom recipes like Crash Landing and Agrarian skies, all the popular modpacks seem pretty much the same to me.

That is not to say I particularly enjoyed or even used AM2 very much. After two worlds with it in there I decided I dont really care for it.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
wUUfM7o.jpg