Ars magica and Monster pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mexibird

Jul 29, 2019
I added ars magica to monster and for some reason every time I log in all my levels are lost and have to start over again. Anyone know why this is happening?

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I added ars magica to monster and for some reason every time I log in all my levels are lost and have to start over again. Anyone know why this is happening?
Because you added a mod to a pack it was purposely taken out from. AM2 has a few bugs and does not work well with most Monster-Pack mods.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
That is not why at all. Sounds like a corrupt player.dat
Monster pack is for slowpokes FTB map, if he does not want a mod in the map it will not be in the pack. Try deleting the player.dat (this WILL delete any item in inventory and all thaumcraft research, so be warned)

Reactions: Padfoote

Mexibird

Jul 29, 2019
Monster pack is for slowpokes FTB map, if he does not want a mod in the map it will not be in the pack. Try deleting the player.dat (this WILL delete any item in inventory and all thaumcraft research, so be warned)
To much thaumcraft research has been done to try this... darn

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
No, of course it is not why, but there is no point adding a mod to a modpack is was purposely not used in.
If it worked with the 150+ other mods, they would have put it in.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
No, of course it is not why, but there is no point adding a mod to a modpack is was purposely not used in.
If it worked with the 150+ other mods, they would have put it in.
Or maybe they want to use a mod that isn't in the modpack with the modpack? That's the point.

Reactions: RealSketch

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
But why add it to a modpack it was purposely taken out from, no-one has answered that question yet.

Honestly, I see no reason to have bunch of mods in Monster which add almost nothing to game play, in the same time I like to have Ars Magica it is fun and it has number of cool items. I did not have problem with adding this mod so far.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Because the player wants to play the mod. Does there have to be any more reason then that?
Then why doesn't he use Horizons, Crack Pack, Direwolf20, Magic World, Resonant Rise etc.?
Why does it have to be Monster?
Honestly, I see no reason to have bunch of mods in Monster which add almost nothing to game play, in the same time I like to have Ars Magica it is fun and it has number of cool items. I did not have problem with adding this mod so far.
So tell the OP how you did it.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Then why doesn't he use Horizons, Crack Pack, Direwolf20, Magic World, Resonant Rise etc.?
Why does it have to be Monster?

So tell the OP how you did it.
Because Monster has all the mods besides Ars Magica installed that the OP wants. As for Resonant Rise, that's another launcher and the OP may not want to install another launcher just for one pack. If he was to use any other pack, he'd end up adding more then just Ars Magica.

Reactions: Padfoote

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Because Monster has all the mods besides Ars Magica installed that the OP wants. As for Resonant Rise, that's another launcher and the OP may not want to install another launcher just for one pack. If he was to use any other pack, he'd end up adding more then just Ars Magica.
And do you see how much more complicated it is to add, if he's already mid-game in a world, none of the AM2 ores will generate, if he starts a new pack; he will enjoy it much better.
I really don't see why you want all those mods, if you want so much, use RR, if you want a medium amount, use Unleashed.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
And do you see how much more complicated it is to add, if he's already mid-game in a world, none of the AM2 ores will generate, if he starts a new pack; he will enjoy it much better.
I really don't see why you want all those mods, if you want so much, use RR, if you want a medium amount, use Unleashed.
...Ars Magica config. Enable retrogen. Or go to deep dark.
As for the last part of your post, why do some people like gregtech? Because it's the way they play. No point questioning it.

Reactions: trajing