Ars Magica and 1.5.2 beta pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

customchris

Jul 29, 2019
I am running into Item/block Id conflicts when i run the beta pack and Ars Magica together i an getting back packs in the ars magica slots

is there a fix for this or dose someone have any idea how to change the ids and witch ones to change

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I am running into Item/block Id conflicts when i run the beta pack and Ars Magica together i an getting back packs in the ars magica slots

is there a fix for this or dose someone have any idea how to change the ids and witch ones to change

You open the config files in question and write new numbers. Seriously. You do this. This is what we do. Just do that.

Reactions: whizzball1

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
One thing to keep in mind about ID conflicts is, ID's between 0 and 256 (255?) are for world generation. Which is to say, those blocks are placed in the world when the world is made. Things like a stone sword, or an apple are not world gen - but cobble stone, dirt block, gravel ... stuff you'd probably get when ya use a quarry - those are world gen.

Unless it's a world gen block you're changing the ID of, try to keep the number high.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
The forge log will tell you which IDs specifically are conflicting, you can then change those.

I changed air essence to 31718, arcane ash 31720, arcane essence 31721, earth essence 31722, and I believe that was it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The forge log will tell you which IDs specifically are conflicting, you can then change those.

I changed air essence to 31718, arcane ash 31720, arcane essence 31721, earth essence 31722, and I believe that was it.
Indeed, this is how it's done.
I open it up in Notepad++ and search for "Item Slot" sans "" and it shows all non-crash item conflicts.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
It can also be helpful to use NEI's Options menu to create an ID Dump. With Item IDs turned on, it will create a file listing all in-use ID numbers, which makes it easier to find a set of unused numbers.

Reactions: YX33A