Ars magica 2 spell question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
I've been poking around a bit now since I've gotten back into FTB...

What exactly does the Bound item spell do? I see the bound items in the NEI for it, and I presume that Binding would be the base for the spell, but I'm just curious if I can use these spells to make specially infused weapons... Like a Lightning Sword for example, or a Pickaxe that mines a 5x5 area each time it mines. Are these possible?

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Comments here suggest that yes, you can add (other Ars Magica) effects to the items you create. Just make sure you rig the spell so that those are applied to your enemy instead of to yourself. ;)

KaoticSoulz

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you are playing a pack with it installed, and you are talking about "Bound *insert tool name here*", these aren't tools added by AM2, they are added by Blood Magic.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming you are playing a pack with it installed, and you are talking about "Bound *insert tool name here*", these aren't tools added by AM2, they are added by Blood Magic.
No I'm not talking about the bound tools from Blood Magic, I know what those do and how to get those.
I'm talking about the binding spell from AM2 that creates a tool based on the binding Catalyst provided.