Are there standard containers that can open if a solid block is on top?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
You seem to like it to recommend features rftools has, I wonder why:p

Well I'm obviously totally unbiased when I do that.

:)

To be honest. I would do the same even if it was not my mod as you can probably see if you look at the kind of replies I give to questions. I just as well recommend other mods. It is just that I know my mod better then most so it is logical that I reply to questions like these :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
put a Crafting Station from Tinkers Construct in front of it
install one of many mods that adds lockers

You can also put a Crafting Station directly on top of a chest and access the chest through the station, although you couldn't access the chest directly.

Also, at least one variety of Ender chest will open with a block on top... I don't know if that only includes the color-coded ones or Vanilla as well.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Later today RFTools 2.90 will be released with a new storage system. These can also open just fine even if there are blocks above it.
;) I admit I had been looking for your new storage system in my version (which didn't have it yet) hoping for some solution. Not looking forward to this evening, I must admit. First I have to update RR to v3.2.6.3 and then RFtools to 2.90. I only hope my world will survive it.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
;) I admit I had been looking for your new storage system in my version (which didn't have it yet) hoping for some solution. Not looking forward to this evening, I must admit. First I have to update RR to v3.2.6.3 and then RFtools to 2.90. I only hope my world will survive it.

Just make a backup. If things go wrong you can just go back :)

redsector

Jul 29, 2019
For the record, since nobody has mentioned it yet: Skystone Chests (from AE2, the ones that hold the inscription plates inside the meteors) also don't care if there's a block on top of them. They can be salvaged from the meteors or crafted from harvested meteor skystone. And they even look nice with their almost pitch-black color.

If you don't need tons of storage space, Item Buffers from EnderIO might also suit your needs. As part of some complicated machinery setup, I actually prefer those to regular chests. Imho, plain old wooden chests look kinda stupid as buffers between pipes, machines and other high-tech stuff. As a bonus, they can actively pull and push items without the need for servo-equipped pipes or whatever.

Reactions: Inaeo

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
Later today RFTools 2.90 will be released with a new storage system. These can also open just fine even if there are blocks above it.
You're forcing FTB dev to update Infinity to 1.5.2 to get the new RFTools :rolleyes:

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
Binnie Core Compartments. The most basic one provide 100 slots where the most expensive one(4 diamond, 8 emerald, 16 gold, 24 iron and some other stuff i believe) provide 400 slots that is... bigger than a Draconic Chest. Works with pipes.