Are there optimizations that can be made to a fresh FTB Beyond server?

C

Crazierinzane

Hi,

I'm running an FTB Beyond 1.4.2 server for maybe four people at a time at most. Our most notable issue is a lag spike about a second long that increases in frequency with how long our clients have been running.

This is my first time hosting an FTB pack. Are there any tips and tricks, either server or client side, that can reduce the before mentioned lag spike?

Some info:
RAM 16 GB, 14 GB allocated
CPU is an old i7 720
Running on Ubuntu 16.4

I just installed FoamFix beta 4 without noticing that FoamFix beta 3 comes with the server. I replaced the older one to see what will happen, if anything.

Edit: Updating to beta 4 may be causing client crashes with sneaky switches from Dark Utilities. Nevermind. Might just be something breaking sneaky levers that are on. Nevermind again. Sneaky Lever with Chisel is what causes the crash.

Last edited:
H

Hblackwolf

I'm a total noob but I've read FTB Beyond is actually hindered with lag spikes if you are allocating more than 4 or 5GB of RAM to it. This may be worth a look into or at least a quick google.

My understanding is that Beyond really only works with a relatively small (20 or so) community.

-Hunter

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast