Are there mods/modpacks that encourage cooperation?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Is seems that more often than not, people play SMP as SSP - each build their own base. Or their part of the base. Are there mods that encourage more cooperation?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
All good options above.

Some HQM maps/packs seem to be particularly fun played cooperatives. Agrarian Skies is popular for teams; I don't know if Crash Landing is cooperative, but it would be fun if so.

Reactions: 1SDAN

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Blood & Bones would seem (youtube experiences only) like a great pack to promote teamwork.

Fireweaver

Jul 29, 2019
Agrarian Skies uses HQM mod that has party support.

But in all honestly it is not the modpack that makes the big influence, it is the people you play with. I only ever play coop games and have been playing minecraft cooperatively for many years. My Youtube channel that has been running for 4 years is called "Let's Cooperate" and we are on our 4th modded minecraft series so it is possible.

My suggestion is to find similar minded players to play with.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know of any mods - much less packs - that have vastly superior (i.e. exponential) rewards multi-player cooperative vs. single-player or regular (everyone builds their own base) multi-player.

There are many mods which have additive benefits that more players there are working together and there are packs which play well multi-player co-op, such as Ags and BnB, as mentioned above.

Until there's a mod which has code that has something like:

Code:
double exp( base, expononent ) {
  if( expononent == 0 ) return 1;
  if( expononent == 1 ) return base;
  return exp( base * base, expononent - 1 );
}

static final int REWARD_BASE = 2;
double getReward() {
  reward = exp( REWARD_BASE, numUniquePlayersDoingStuffWithMyMod() );
}

...then I'd say by far the biggest determinant of whether a mod or pack are better for multi-player co-op are the players themselves and how well they communicate.

It usually works best if people specialize in certains areas or mods and/or have certain jobs/functions, for example:

• food production
  • resource gathering
  • power production
  • bees / IC2 crops
  • magic
  • structure/base/house building
  • etc.,.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest the only packs that "Encourage" multiplayer gameplay is modpacks with HQM, i.e. agrarian skies and crash landing for double rewards. And I guess hardcore modpacks too. To be honest I prefer regular multiplayer, if everyone has their own base there is unique things to see. I play monster on a private server and when I visit my neighbor there is always something new and interesting. Although someone does live with me though.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: RedBoss and 1SDAN

RainbowCupcake

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about a certain modpack but please do find someone who actually knows mods. I know this from experience, I have a brother who is very new to mods, we have a private server where we work together but I usually do most of the things on it, I have done about 90% of the actual work. If you do work together with someone new at mods, you'll end doing most of it. I find that modpacks where you have both tech and magic support more cooperation because each person can do either tech or magic, or if you have more than 2 people, the jobs can be split even more which would definitely make progress faster.