Are there any Mining turtle prefabricated programs?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Indalor1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I am sure there are people who have programmed and shared their programs for their mining turtlea but I can't seem to find any. Anyone have a link to some decent prefabricated Mining turtle programs?

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Half the fun of using turtles is coding the programs yourself and have that "Yeah, I'm the boss!" moment when your program does exactly what it's supposed to do.

And there is a program called "excavate" by default on mining turtles that will dig a (parameter)*(parameter) hole for you and once full come back and dump it into chest next to starting position.
It will stop there but you can do a simple while true loop in startup and keep running the program.

It's not very efficient but how about coding something more efficient yourself? :)

McMutton

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of scripts for turtles are collected over here: http://turtlescripts.com/browse
Even searching Pastebin directly will give you good results for computercraft turtle scripts.

But I agree that the real fun of computercraft is to programm everything on your own... and LUA isn't really hard to learn. (you can do already a lot with just using a for-loop and the turtle-api which can be found here: http://computercraft.info/wiki/Turtle_(API) )

Deor

Jul 29, 2019
Look at the computer craft forum, there are loads! While I've done quite a lot myself with computers and turtles, I use this mining program as its been so well developed and refined.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/7675-advanced-mining-turtle-ore-quarry/

Just remember to set up chunk loaders as computers and turtles stop and reset when they unload. Its a total pain having to find a turtle that's stuck underground!

Sent from my Paranoid Android

Reactions: rhn

McMutton

Jul 29, 2019
Yes never forget Chunk Loaders and be sure that the programm stopped before a server restart. (except for a few programms which actually are able to recover at startup by either GPS or regularly saving their state to a file and know how to continue, but those programms are for the most part more complex and that "special" for their use that it is more likely that you would have to write them yourself.)

d34dl0ck

Jul 29, 2019
Just add the Chunk Loader module to the mining turtle. It keeps whatever chunk the turtle is in active while the program is running!

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I am sure there are people who have programmed and shared their programs for their mining turtlea but I can't seem to find any. Anyone have a link to some decent prefabricated Mining turtle programs?

You mean you could not be bothered to fire up google and do some searching? I mean, google "turtle programs" and the friggin' first hit is the CC turtle programs forum!

Calibra

Jul 29, 2019
Look at the computer craft forum, there are loads! While I've done quite a lot myself with computers and turtles, I use this mining program as its been so well developed and refined.

http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/7675-advanced-mining-turtle-ore-quarry/

Just remember to set up chunk loaders as computers and turtles stop and reset when they unload. Its a total pain having to find a turtle that's stuck underground!

Hi.
Very interested in writing a simple program to excavate a square area four blocks down. Only thing is i dont know how much a turtle can hold....there will be about 1200 blocks excavated....i would like it to drop off when full and be able to auto refuel, but return where it was up to and continue....

Will have to do a bit of research i guess...

I have an unusual request to make. I have joined computercraft forum, but although i can log in i cant post or reply, as i assume i havnt had the verification email.....i have tried to find contact details for an admin to help me, but so far without success, there are no contact details listed.....i need a member of this forum to help me please....

My username is calibra

Thanks in advance

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
There is a pinned thread in the ask a pro section of the computer craft forums called "new members needing to ask questions, please read". Its right at the top of the forum. I notice that you haven't been able to reply Calibra but when you get that sorted out this thread might be helpful. You can reply to that thread with your query (make sure you read the instructions in the OP) and an admin will split your question into a new post and hopefully someone will answer your question. One warning though, make sure you are asking a specific question for a specific piece of code that you have written.

I think you have to have three approved posts before you can open new threads there.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
well lets go ahead and throw every mtg card in existence here that involves getting creatures out of a graveyard and change the word creature to thread

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
I knew there was something wrong when I recognized people in the thread that don't post any more - usually...

ThreadNecroCArd_zps9db655d6.jpg

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
And here I was, liking posts and getting ready to find my pastebin account....
(Not that I have anything good, I am mostly a complete newb at programming :p)

But people should still check this one out while they are here(if they havent already):

My favourite pre-quarry mining method :p

Funky Ghost

Jul 29, 2019
As the new guy I can tell you that one YouTuber helped me a ton ( and made me laugh ) with his Turtle guide.

Lanceypooh

There might be better ones out there but this was in layman's terms and demonstrated so that an fop ( freakin' old person ) like me could get it down. :)