Are there any MC1.12 mods that can do redstone+RF to the same block face, besides xnet?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Need this for a build idea I originally (in 1.10) used ender-io for, and xnet's a bit clunky for this (channel for power+2 channels per redstone in/out pair adds up quickly when a block only has 8 channels). Am I just going to have to make do with xnet until ender-io is out for 1.12?

It's a funky locomotion project so as far as I can tell most wireless RF options are out seeing as they bind to a location, not the machine itself.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
ExtraUtilities2 Wireless Transmitter will wirelessly transmit RF to all available inputs within its range. Stick it on the Funky Locomotion item somewhere and it'll feed power without needing cable. Then just wire up redstone itself.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
While integrated dynamics (+tunnels) can carry power and redstone on the same line, it can't output both on the same connector. Unless there's some secret trick to doing so? I'd totally love to use it since I'm already probably going to be using it for interdimensional power transfer.

ExUtils wireless transmitter caps out at 80 rf/t doesn't it? Looking at the Funky Locomition configs, frame pushers/pullers/etc use 150 rf/block/action, so 80 rf/t is highly unlikely to cut it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Option A) Dire Antenna. Connect some sort of cable to the block and it'll act as a separate entity for the Transmitter to provide to, getting you up to 160rf/t.

Option B) Multiple Wireless Transmitter's should also provide a full 80 each, but I'm less sure about this one.

What exactly are you building? It's a bit hard to make suggestions without knowing what you're trying to do?

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing if I can recreate the compact six-axis drive from MC1.10. It's 4x4x5, so space is pretty tight and the motors all have only one face available to supply power and signal. Back in 1.10 I used Ender IO conduits.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Consider your consumption vs output again. 80 RF/t vs 150 RF/action. Unless you are planning on doing 10+ actions per second, you're going to be just fine with a single wireless power transmitter.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Consider your consumption vs output again. 80 RF/t vs 150 RF/action. Unless you are planning on doing 10+ actions per second, you're going to be just fine with a single wireless power transmitter.

It's 150rf/block/action. Bit of a game-changer considering the frame blocks for the drive alone total 44.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
It's 150rf/block/action. Bit of a game-changer considering the frame blocks for the drive alone total 44.
Not a 'game changer' by any means. It just means you aren't over-revving it by a factor of sixty. Let's do some math, shall we?

Let's assume you do one action per second, which known Funky Locomotion, is lightning fast for it. Now, 150 * 60 (again, being generous to make a point) = 9k RF/second = 450 RF/t consumption. However, the wireless transmitter will service ALL of your motors at once, each at 80 RF/t. Now, IIRC, if Funky Locomotion's system was like the old RP2 system, you'll need two motors per direction you move, one to move the vehicle and the other to move the other motor. So that's 12 motors for true 3d movement. So 80*12= 960 RF/t maximum being supplied. Which means, unless you are moving in one direction only for extended periods of time, that a single wireless transmitter can top off any of the motors not currently in use until they are being used again.

The only time you'd see a power throttle is if you moved in one direction period for extended periods of time, enough to empty the RF reserves of that particular engine. OR you can use (450/80=5.625) 6 RF transmitters and just not worry about it anymore.

Reactions: KingTriaxx