Are generated mineshafts normally this rich?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
I dug into this and every hallway has at least one if not more of these spots. I have a stack of diamond already without getting through half of this complex.

2013-07-10_17.01.01.png

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Am I reading that correctly? Your feet are at Y=17, so the diamond is at Y=16 and (presumably) Y=15? For a full stack worth?

... "stack overflow". That's beyond luck. That's just insane.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
What's REALLY going to bother you is that you didn't apply any lapis to that pick. You could have at 50% more if you mined it with a fortune pickaxe.

Reactions: Freakscar

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
If you're lucky enough to get a really big mineshaft at diamond level, then it's normal. But you have to be pretty lucky to get that mineshaft complex.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
What pack?

Check my sig.

What's REALLY going to bother you is that you didn't apply any lapis to that pick. You could have at 50% more if you mined it with a fortune pickaxe.

I know exactly what you mean. This was my first mining trip. Probably fortune up my iron pick before finishing the complex up. Already taken 3 back and forths so I won't lose any thing.

If you're lucky enough to get a really big mineshaft at diamond level, then it's normal. But you have to be pretty lucky to get that mineshaft complex.

Found it after mining out some coal from the first deep mine shaft I was digging. It was at least three different levels and an army of cave spiders.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Thats so unlikely that its either

1. a bug
2. cheesy setup/config in a mod that is modifying ore gen

clearing out a 64x64 at lvl 16 wont reveal that many diamonds. perhaps you're in a biome that is set to receive a higher amount.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Check your Thermal Expansion config for augmented vanilla worldgen settings (though depending on the version it might have migrated to CoFH Core).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Check your Thermal Expansion config for augmented vanilla worldgen settings (though depending on the version it might have migrated to CoFH Core).

this. because

Code:
        diamond {
            I:ClusterSize=10
            I:MaxY=20
            I:MinY=5
            I:NumClusters=1
            B:RetroGen=false
        }

so to sum it up, you got lucky

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Default is clustersize 7, and spawning from 16 to 0 where the bottom 5 levels are generally bedrock and prevent almost all spawns. The above settings would probably result in an overall 40%-ish increase in the amount of diamonds.

But yeah, the amount you found is still very lucky. I guess someone's gotta counterbalance all those threads complaining about being unable to find a single diamond in hours of mining :p

Reactions: jumpfight5

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
My CoFH World config said:
diamond {
I:ClusterSize=7
I:MaxY=16
I:MinY=0
I:NumClusters=1
B:RetroGen=false
}

Real lucky. Usually I have to fan mine for a couple hours to get enough for a quarry(yes turtles are cheaper).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I don't often have trouble with diamonds, but as minecraft always is, the more desperate you get, the more impossible it gets to find.
when I need diamonds in the beginning I usually just start a 1x3 tunnel at layer 12 and continue till I find diamonds

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
It's the New World modpacks which has super high diamond spawn rates. Getting a stack of diamonds is like getting a stack of coal in the other mod packs.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
For me, Mineshafts know how to test both my greed, and sympathy. Not too long ago, I came across a chest. It was a decent chest, but what was interesting about it, is that there was a zombie, creeper, and a skeleton trapped in a cobweb standing on it. I was tempted to let them free.

Reactions: sir_schwick

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
The config for it might be different in that mod pack.

What everyone seems to be missing is that it's a mine shaft so close to diamond level. Due to how ores spawn in caves there's a higher chance for diamonds to show up in the mine shafts than if you just mine through solid rock.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
I don't often have trouble with diamonds, but as minecraft always is, the more desperate you get, the more impossible it gets to find.
when I need diamonds in the beginning I usually just start a 1x3 tunnel at layer 12 and continue till I find diamonds

If you really want diamonds fast, simply dig a 2x1 straight to 12, then start branching 30-50 blocks, turn 90degrees and put 6-8 blocks between before the next branch and go back the same way 30-50 blocks. You're all but guaranteed to find enough to make an enchanting table within 45min of creating the world. Just be sure to make at least 3 stone picks and punch/chop down 15-20 logs. Turn several logs into charcoal for some torches if possible. Youll be drowning in iron/coal before you go through the stone picks so it wont be a problem.