are command blocks used differently in FTB?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I run a Direwolf20 5.2.0 server, and i can't get command blocks to work.

What i Don't mean
-- Command blocks aren't in the game (fixed by enabling them in properties)
-- Command blocks wont accept code (fixed by being in creative)

What i mean is that the command blocks wont execute their commands. I've got a command block with the command "time set 0" and a pressure plate, button, lever, or something else beside it. When i activate the switch/button/lever nothing happens. Nothing on the console, no error, just NOTHING.

I guess this is kind of a support question now, but i'm sure i'm just doing it wrong, which makes it discussion.....

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I run a Direwolf20 5.2.0 server, and i can't get command blocks to work.

I have not noticed anything similar when I've used them, but I'll verify later tonight when I have the time to test it if this has not been resolved by then.

Zeric

Jul 29, 2019
you need to have this line in your server configs

enable-command-block=true

you also need to be OP and you have to be in creative mode when putting in the command lines

Reactions: electroscape

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I had an issue once with a bad version of Optifine that caused redstone to not work properly. It may be that Optifine is just screwing up the lever/button/pressure plate/whatever and it's not activating the command block.

Try updating your Optifine to D5 if you're playing 1.4.7

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion, but i dont have optifine. Plus, all players on my server are unable to trigger the effects of a command block. So I know it's not client side.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm...
You say you have command blocks enabled in the configs, but do you have them enabled in the gamerules?
/gamerule commandBlockOutput true or something like that should work.
The gamerules (I learned this from previous experience as a server owner) don't work well with the server.properties, and you have to have them both set on the same thing for it to work. Actually, it might just be the server.properties, but I'm not sure.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Ummm...
You say you have command blocks enabled in the configs, but do you have them enabled in the gamerules?
/gamerule commandBlockOutput true or something like that should work.
The gamerules (I learned this from previous experience as a server owner) don't work well with the server.properties, and you have to have them both set on the same thing for it to work. Actually, it might just be the server.properties, but I'm not sure.
All the gamerule does it change whether you can see it in the chat

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Did you specify the time using numbers? You could try "set day" or "set night" instead. Also, do other commends work? (like /say hello etc.)

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
@PeggleFrank - I checked that, even turned it off and back on. No change

@Freakscar - You got it! It was just the time command! I cant believe i never thought to try other commands.

Now, need to open a thread titled "Why wont my command block set the time" LOL

Thanks Freakscar!

EDIT: It looks like this is a permissions issue. The command block can do simple things like /say, but it cannot do /give or /time or anything that you would need a higher level of clearance for.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: It looks like this is a permissions issue. The command block can do simple things like /say, but it cannot do /give or /time or anything that you would need a higher level of clearance for.
Which would make sense, thinking about it: It's meant to be a mapmaker tool or, at the very least, an admin tool. Its intended use never was to be used by every and all players on a given server. Which also makes sense, thinking about the griefing possibilities this single block offers. Curveball: I am surprised that your server allows them in the first place. ;)

And glad I could help. =)

basebalp21

Jul 29, 2019
So how do I get it to work. All other commands except /set time work. This includes giving someone an item.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I cant get /time or /give to work.

As far as the syntax works, i've tried '/time' as well as just 'time'

I'm positive it's a security issue, which kinda sucks. I wanted to make a command block on solar detector. When the sun goes down, I skip past the night.